G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/273551-official-what-mods-should-i-buy-my-coupe-thread.html)

elperuano 09-17-2009 11:22 AM

Ok heres a question i got about the hks... Got my brand spankin new hks exhaust yesterday and really excited to install it.. its the hks hi power cat exhaust... So checkin it out i noticed (obviously) theres 2 little resonators on the end of each pipe that leads towards the tips.. Is there anyway to get rid of these resonators?

EGGPLANT 09-17-2009 11:38 AM

Those are the actual muFflers... Resonators are on the H pipe.. You might swell get a custom straight pipe exhaust if you wanna get rid of them

elperuano 09-20-2009 01:27 AM

Whats up guys, well starting to install mods n so far i love the way the car drives n sounds know with the ztube popcharger 5/16 spacer n mrev2 (thanks danny!) :) Just waitin on the test pipe to come in to get the pipe n exhaust installed n the uprev reflash and tune and i guess that'll probably be it as far as gaining hps (idk anyone have some other suggestions as to what else i could buy to get a lil more hp?) Well my main question is im lookin at tryna knock some weight off the car. How much weight difference is between stock hood n trunk as opposed to carbon fiber or polyurethane?

alpa_chino 09-22-2009 11:08 PM

So after reading the thread i think the first few performance mods i will be getting for my 06 auto coupe are going to be z tube and popcharger, motordyne 5/16 iso plenium spacer, and a grounding kit. is there anything else i should look into or is this good or if there are any suggestions on these parts let me know! thanks

kernel 09-22-2009 11:25 PM

wow, I guess this is what I get for not reading this thread in a while.

739 posts of repetitive info, and a lot of posts that just don't belong.

If you have a specific question about a type of mod (intake, exhaust, wheels, brakes, FI, etc.) post it in the Tech Area.

Hopefully I'll get some time to go through and clean this thread up and remove all of the useless info, but do me a favor and don't make it any worse in the mean time.

SirHydro420 09-28-2009 09:58 AM

Anybody know any not pricey websites to order a JWT Popcharger with Z-tube? If you have any better recommendations tell me and send me sites. I want something that's DYI. Thanks

EGGPLANT 09-29-2009 08:38 PM

Hotchkis Sway bars + SPL endlinks (OEMs tend to snap under tracking ) or sways + strut bar

Or save a few more bucks and get Coils.. But sways are awesome if you like GRIP

PMNK 10-01-2009 04:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm totally new to car forums so... yeah. But I just picked up an 05 coupe and I'm not liking the tailights. I found some 2006 oem tailights for 03-05 coupes and was wondering how legit this is.

Here's the link. Thanks :drool:

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4788

DRG35MIA 10-01-2009 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by PMNK (Post 4596880)
Hey guys, I'm totally new to car forums so... yeah. But I just picked up an 05 coupe and I'm not liking the tailights. I found some 2006 oem tailights for 03-05 coupes and was wondering how legit this is.

Here's the link. Thanks :drool:

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4788

The website and tail lights are legit. The 06 tail lights are a direct replacement to the the 03 - 05. You won't be able to use the button for the trunk latch, though.

You could PM tony@riversideinfiniti or rick@riversideinfiniti to see if they can give you a better price on the tail lights.

yannisg35 10-05-2009 02:20 PM

hlp please

i just got a 2005 G35 coupe automatic and i'm ignorant as to what products would be best to put on my car, i'm looking to buy a upgraded intake, exhaust and ecu upgrade, could anyone help me out with some suggestions?

seymore4 10-05-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by yannisg35 (Post 4604842)
could anyone help me out with some suggestions?

...read the thread. Everything you want to know has been discussed in detail several times

chriquiwri 10-22-2009 10:50 AM

Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

AirmanRed 10-26-2009 12:20 PM

So first time posting on this thread but long time reader. I've been on this forum for about 3 months reading, researching, watching the progression of the G's that come and I'm honestly hooked. I'm currently serving in kuwait which is our last stop then we will be on our way home stateside in about a week or two. But I plan on buying a G coupe MT once I return and I still have some questions even after reading this thread from page one all the way till the end ( which was very enjoyable and informative ). Now I'm not new to the mod world, comming from an 00 Honda Accord EX that I've worked on myself from the day I got it so turning my own wrenches is not an issue to me. My items on my list of first mods consist of..

1. 5/16 MD spacer ( depending on the year I get an mrev2 also )
2. JWT popcharger and z tube
3. Catback exhaust ( still not sure on the brand just yet )
4. Some HFC's
5. 19' Rims
6. Coils or springs ( depending on my feedback from here )
7. Osiris tune
Now here comes my questions. First off I see that no matter how I plan on lowering my future G I will need camber kits for the front and rear, and sways. I'm not to suspension savy and have never messed with them before on any ride but what if i was to get lowering springs and a set of KONI or Tokico shocks, has anyone tried those or is my safest bet to just go with the coils. The reason I ask is because if I get the nice looking rims and not lower it, it will look noobish, which does'nt really matter to me cause I would like to be sure before I venture into uncharted areas of my wrenching ability. Second question is exhaust, now alot of folks seem to like FI and HKS but some of my buddies over here ( Yea alot of us have caught the G35 bug, must be all the sand and heat ) are thinking of going with some of the ebay knock-off's saying " they sound nearly the same just cheaper price " and I was wondering you all's opinion on it. Yea I know you get what you pay for in quality and I can honestly say I've purchased no name brand car parts from ebay that worked just as well/good on my honda then guys with the brand name gear. But a G35 is not an accord and I would like to be sure. Last question so far is the tune, how bad will my G run after I bolt all those mods on without a tune? Not that I plan on going long without one cause it will need it but I was just wondering what should I expect so i don't freak out and think I messed something up. Any help and information will be greatly appreciated, this forum has been a great read and source of info not just for me but for most in my unit out here. Sorry my post was so long aswell.

DRG35MIA 10-26-2009 01:41 PM

^ You don't need to get sway bars, those are just for improved handling (has nothing to do with lowering). A lot of people on here have gone with springs (tein, tanabe, etc.) and tokico d-spec shocks, and it has worked out great for them.

The exhaust is up to you. If you don't want to spend a lot then go with the x02 ebay exhaust, but I would go with the HKS / FI / or Motordyne exhausts. The downside is that they all surpass $1k.

The car will run fine without a tune for a while. Just be sure to get one later on to get the most out of your mods.

Joaquin03 10-26-2009 01:46 PM

Prior AF here bro.. I know what ya mean!!

anyways... whatever you plan to do as far as suspension goes... lower your car before you put any wheels on it..