G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

High school/College student looking to buy a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Kid
i know but when your 16 its hard to get money! too busy not lazy...but i definitely do not have the nicest car...a good friend has an 08 Escalade with 24's hahaha...his brother has a brand new AMG mercedes...500 hp lol...and they have a westminster range rover, B12 bmw 7 series, and an M6
you can say they have good taste?
Geez...reminds me of my Arabic neighbors. Literally, they got about 10 or so cars. Cadillacs, Benzes, BMW's, Audi's.....even a large azz boat. Can't believe ppl drive those kinda cars at that age. Just isn't right..gotta do something deserving to actually deserve it. If I was rich, I wouldn't just give my kid a car and it sure as heck wouldn't be anything expensive.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
my first car was the G i bought from my mom, yes she sold it to me for a steal but i still paied for it with my hard earned money, now she bought me my uncles 1991 chevy s-10 blazer 4x4 4.3 2 door as a daily driver and i love the old truck so much damn im happy and wow the insurance is so cheap im like wow. its pretty good on gas too

Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
If you can, go with atleast an 06 due to the projector hids. If not you can always upgrade on the 05

Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donpisto
Geez...reminds me of my Arabic neighbors. Literally, they got about 10 or so cars. Cadillacs, Benzes, BMW's, Audi's.....even a large azz boat. Can't believe ppl drive those kinda cars at that age. Just isn't right..gotta do something deserving to actually deserve it. If I was rich, I wouldn't just give my kid a car and it sure as heck wouldn't be anything expensive.
well their parents own Milgard Windows so they are worth almost a billion dollars so i guess its like peanuts? But yeah arabic people are usually pretty wealthy in the U.S...but they dont brag about the money they have and what not which is what i love best about that family...they are really chill about it

Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
If you can, go with atleast an 06 due to the projector hids. If not you can always upgrade on the 05
What are the major differences between the '05 and '06?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 has much nicer headlights.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Maybe you need a bit more experience. I don't find the vehicle difficult to drive at all in any sense.

Having one in high shcool will lead you to getting something referenced in my sig
Do you live in a southern climate? In CT I find it very difficult to get anywhere with the slightest bit of snow and especially ice. I don't have a snow tire setup, just rollin on the sport tires. Thats what I was reffereing to.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Some differences in the 05 and 06 are
revised front facia (chin lip now integrated into front facia)
revised rear spoiler
dual bixenon headlights
revised rear lights
Rear Active Steer stability contol option
Intelligent Key keyless entry
Bluetooth hands-free phone system
revised seatbelt placement (repositioned directly to the front seats as opposed to the A-pillar)
Can't think of any more but i'm sure theres some that someone will point out.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by T MoRG x
Do you live in a southern climate? In CT I find it very difficult to get anywhere with the slightest bit of snow and especially ice. I don't have a snow tire setup, just rollin on the sport tires. Thats what I was reffereing to.
Ah, gotcha. Yes, I live in southern cali. I thought you meant driving the vehicle in general. I've never driven in snow or ice and don't intend to, lol.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
i started getting ride from people and catching the damn bus after the second week when school got back in some pos busted my passenger side window out.. dint even take anything i worry about this car more than my others probably because its nicer and i paid for it with my own money.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
When I turned 16, I asked for a car....my parents just laughed and laughed and thought I was joking

I chose to get something $***ty and drive that until graduation. A car is a hardcore responsibilty...especially if its new.

Payment responsibilities in H.S FTL! I've always wanted a G coupe though, so I got the best frickin deal ever on one and bought it cash

Mehh I hate hearing people these days saying they are independent and pay their own bills...when they live at home, dont pay rent, dont buy groceries, etc. I'm sorry if Im taking this thread somewhere else haha.

Last edited by JBV86; 03-03-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by JBV86
When I turned 16, I asked for a car....my parents just laughed and laughed and thought I was joking

I chose to get something $***ty and drive that until graduation. A car is a hardcore responsibilty...especially if its new.

Payment responsibilities in H.S FTL! I've always wanted a G coupe though, so I got the best frickin deal ever on one and bought it cash

Mehh I hate hearing people these days saying they are independent and pay their own bills...when they live at home, dont pay rent, dont buy groceries, etc. I'm sorry if Im taking this thread somewhere else haha.
well I'll be going to a school about an hour from my home next year, so I'll still be living with my parents. some people might think that's stupid and they'd rather live with friends or by themselves, but I doubt anyone can say that they don't like having their mom's cooking. And I have an academic scholarship as well as a drumline scholarship. And besides it's just end up costing more to pay a dorm fee and food, and on top of that, gas. I've been working at a job since June and I've made over $7000 and I also mow lawns in my neighbor hood, so I'll be putting a lot of my hard earned money into this car. Obviously the newer, the better (in most cases) so I'm hoping I can get an '06, but it's SO hard to find a white coupe with tan interior in a 6speed for a decent price.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Steve91
well I'll be going to a school about an hour from my home next year, so I'll still be living with my parents. some people might think that's stupid and they'd rather live with friends or by themselves, but I doubt anyone can say that they don't like having their mom's cooking. And I have an academic scholarship as well as a drumline scholarship. And besides it's just end up costing more to pay a dorm fee and food, and on top of that, gas. I've been working at a job since June and I've made over $7000 and I also mow lawns in my neighbor hood, so I'll be putting a lot of my hard earned money into this car. Obviously the newer, the better (in most cases) so I'm hoping I can get an '06, but it's SO hard to find a white coupe with tan interior in a 6speed for a decent price.
I'll be the first to say it....Don't do it!

Go buy something that's good on gas mileage considering your going to be driving that far every day. Right out of high school I was driving ~130 miles a day roundtrip (living at home, going to school, work and back). I put about 90k on a CRX in 3 years and about 70k on an Accord in 2 years. No reason to do that to a G

Save your hard-earned money for when you get out of college and can actually enjoy having the car. If you end up spending all your time working to pay for the car and going to class why bother...

Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by thatguy II
I'll be the first to say it....Don't do it!

Go buy something that's good on gas mileage considering your going to be driving that far every day. Right out of high school I was driving ~130 miles a day roundtrip (living at home, going to school, work and back). I put about 90k on a CRX in 3 years and about 70k on an Accord in 2 years. No reason to do that to a G

Save your hard-earned money for when you get out of college and can actually enjoy having the car. If you end up spending all your time working to pay for the car and going to class why bother...
well it's only 34 miles from my house, not 65

Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
oh, and it beats the 14.7 average mpg that i'm getting right now. I share a sequoia with my brother

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: High school/College student looking to buy a G35