G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

INJEN exhaust blowing out FIBERGLASS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: INJEN exhaust blowing out FIBERGLASS?

Yes! I just started to notice this on my bumper and deck lid. It looks like the paint is black metalic also. I really didn't know why, but I guess I do now. Injen exhaust has been on my car for 7 months and just recently this has started to show on the paint. Is this normal? Wierd that a somewhat expensive exhaust system would do this. Is this something to be concerned about?

'03c6mt/Blk/Premium/Sport/Aero
Eibach's/Hyper-Ground/Ztube+JWT/Injen SES
Rogue/Momo/Sparco

Old 06-26-2004, 11:21 AM

I haven't noticed this on the Fujitsubo. I had it for about 3K miles. Where's the fiberglass particles coming from?

Old 06-27-2004, 03:48 AM

Well from what I have been seeing, it is apparently very low quality fiberglass that was used. If it were of higher quality, the fibers wouldnt break apart by just the exhaust gases. My boss who used to be the crew chief and owner of the nissan factory le mans team told me that resonators should only blow out the fiberglass that was torn in the resonator packing process. So when you first start up the car, that should blow out within the first couple hundred miles. But defiitely not 3k like m ine has been doing. I havent had the chance to call injen, though they havent returned my emails. I am just going to have to call them out on their stupidity and lack of quality materials. However I still dont know if they will replace the exhaust, give a refund, or just repair it. I will let you know.

And randy, my boss Clayton is still getting an order together for nissan motorsport for parts for his car, so when he does I will let you know for the sensors. I was thinking I will just get them and you can pay me later or something.

SCZ on my350z.com
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | OB/Black
Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM
Z Tube | Pop Charger
Helix Test Pipes
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Injen SES