G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So now Im insane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So now Im insane

My family, neighbors, and even my girlfriend think I have a problem. I guess i have even contemplated my actions every few days or so. Ever since i got my G, I cant stop cleaning it. For example, I washed it two days ago on Wed. Detailed everyhting and then looked at my work. Soon, I became somewhat paronaid looking at the skies watching for birds or falling boulders that would damage my pristine vehicle. Thursday I went to work and a bird crapped on the hood. SO i knew what i had to do: Friday morning I woke up early and completely washed the whole car again. I suppose I could have just done the hood but I thought it would be a diservice to the rest of the G.

Anyway, so now people say Im obsessed and sometimes they catch me just looking at the car. (Sigh) Mabye I do have a problem. So, I hate to bore everyone, but i figured if I read and post on this forum regularly it would help alleviate some of the symptoms of "car-mania" that I seem to be experiencing. My BMW that I owned before the G never waranted this much attention, anybody have an explanation? Kind words and anecdotes would be appreciated. i guess we can all stick together and overcome.

2004 6MT Coupe Diamond Graphite/Loaded...no mods(yet)

Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Re: So now Im insane

heh, id say half the members of this forum have the same problem as you =P . Nothing wrong with giving your car extra loving!

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-02-2004, 11:55 PM

I feel you bro...

I just got the car a week ago. A few days after i decided to wash the car. Went to Pep-boys after reading about all the stuff in the Eye Candy threads. Read about CLAY bar and all the goodness. Spent over 50 bucks on stuff from microfiber towels to Meguiars Leather cleaner.

Started cleaning the car inside and out. Found my first rock-chip on my hood. Hyperventilated for about 30 minutes, then finished detailing the car. Spent a good 4-5 hours.

Every morning before i goto work, i dust it off and wash off the dust from the rims (brembos). Sometimes freaking sap gets all over my car and i wash it off in the mornings.

When i get to work, i check my car every 10-30 minutes. Once i saw some gardener walk by the curb where i was parked. He had a weed-wacker. I cringed and couldn't look. As soon as he passed by, i moved my car to a spot across from where he was working. An hour later when the gardeners left, i went out and moved the car again back to where it was earlier.

Paranoid? nah... just Protective...

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Navigation |

Old 07-03-2004, 12:20 AM

You're not the only one with a problem. I've purchased over $600 in car detailing products for the G. (Porter cable buffer, polish, zaino starter kit, mf towels, pads, waxes, lexol, etc.)

I work 6 days a week and still wash the car at least once a week. The most is 3 times in 1 week.

This weekend, I plan on claying (second time in the 4 months I've had it) polishing the entire car and putting at least 3 coats of zaino with a P21S topper. The wheels will also be taken off the car and treated with zaino.

There will be no swirls on my g. There will be no swirls on my g. There will be no swirls on my g. I'm starting to scare myself. :-)

Old 07-03-2004, 12:28 AM
G SQUAD

well, now you know that there are a lof of people just like you man. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking great care of a car. You keep the value up and when it's time to sell, you will thank yourself that you kept the car well maintained. Keep that G shining!!!

Old 07-03-2004, 12:57 AM

wow thank god...I should have my girlfriend read this post so she can cut me a break...Im constantly washing my car and wiping down small little marks in the interior...If her elbow is on the console and theres any type of mark on the console when she lifts her arm I immediately wipe it off...She looks at me like I'm nuts..lol, o well I tell her if she thinks I'm to crazy about the G then she can end it with me and some other girl can appreciate this car..lol that keeps her quiet for awhile..I guess she knows the power the G has on the ladies...

Old 07-03-2004, 01:15 AM

I haven't gone quite the lengths some of you have here, but a couple of weeks ago I washed the car 3 times and put on 4 coats of Zaino within about a week (it was the first time I had enough time and good weather on my hands to hand clean the G). I look at my shiny G and can't wait to put on another coat or two of Zaino.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

In fact, if I have time tomorrow I will wash it again and Zaino it. This car makes washing and waxing feel good![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 07-03-2004, 01:32 AM

al503, you must have a black G.

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows (20%)
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI (blue)
Unorthodox Crank Pulley (blue)
Clear Corners
Grounding Wires (blue)
255/45ZR17's rear

Old 07-03-2004, 03:13 PM

how about telling my wife we'll have to eat somewhere else... there are parking spaces, but none that I like

Old 07-03-2004, 03:29 PM

now thats classic...lol

Old 07-03-2004, 04:57 PM

It could be worse, you could have built it its own garage. With respect to parking problems, I give every place I am going to visit a double thought as to where I will park, and if I need to go at a different time to ensure a good space.

-Chris

Old 07-03-2004, 07:46 PM

Parking lots scare me...

03 6mt black/black
Ztube JWT PopCharger

Old 07-04-2004, 02:12 AM

right you are. The paint is incredibly soft imo. I have a high quality wool mit and use a 2 bucket method. One pass per side of the mit and then it's rinsed. Even with that, I still get the micro scratches. Oh well. It's hard work but I enjoy doing it.