G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How does the coupe compare against RX-8 and S 2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Devil's Advocate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How does the coupe compare against RX-8 and S

Don't walk away mad spongemounter, just walk away...

What's with that name btw? You mount sponges? Why don't you get a girlfriend like everyone else?

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.
Crawford Plenum and Fujitsubo Exhaust soon to come...

Old 07-07-2004, 08:59 PM

lol

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-07-2004, 10:45 PM

If I need to explain the name, then what fun would that be? All this anger and bitterness just because you don't know how to work a stick. If you want, I'll show you how to work my stick.... See that? Now I've stooped to your level. That's just gr8.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, we only have two RX-8 enthusiasts on this topic and both of them are acting crazy. I think I'll sit back and watch for now before I start flaming the rotary. .

Old 07-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Devil's Advocate

"All this anger and bitterness just because you don't know how to work a stick. If you want, I'll show you how to work my stick.... See that?"

Is that some Freudian attempt to explain why you don't have a girlfriend?

That'll be my final reply to you btw. I'll give you the last word... troll on.

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM

Too funny. I was wondering why this thread lasted so long.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe

Dang bro, you really did stir up the pot I thought this was a forum to post your opinions, etc. in a civil manner...not to flame each other. Sure, each car has their strong and weak points and all that matters is that you chose and like your rides for a reason. Peace!

03 6MT COUPE: graphite/graphite / premium / aero / oem front lip / JWT CAI / Borla exhaust / 35% tint all around

Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Devil's Advocate

Hey, I didn't start the fire... though I may have doused it with gasoline. Apologies for that to all concerned parties. Let's get back to talking about which car handles better. I really want to know.

Can anyone point me to these vids where RX8s dominate twisty tracks?

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

"Can anyone point me to these vids where RX8s dominate twisty tracks? "

Car & Driver TV said the RX-8 can perform emergency manuver very well, and the car feels nimble

Best Motoring Nakaya said the G35C is faster than RX-8 in the straight..... and also in the corners.

Seems like the RX-8 'feels' like it handles better, but slap on some scientific instruments the G35C have a higher handling limit.

Old 07-08-2004, 03:47 AM

Hey spongemounter...

I tried to stay out of this for as long as possible, but Iet me offer my two pennies.

I just hope that not all of the RX-8 owners, at least those on your forum, are as ignorant as you are. It's pretty sad. AT people are sissies? Huh, that's funny. I guess that what your type resorts two when you have a $27,200 "Mazda" (base MSRP for the 6mt) with a dyno plot that looks like this:

...vs. our $30,640 "Infiniti" (base MSRP for the 6MT sedan - with a lot more standard features). BTW this dyno is taken from the very recent dyno of a member's 6MT sedan with a K&N and a z-tune - $115 in mods for extra 9hp - so do take that into account:

Your torque numbers are particularly impressive, especially on the low end! But that's not what this is all about, i just wanted to put these numbers into perspective with your claims. "To each his own" would be the correct, and the only valid thing for you to say when you compare your car to the G; otherwise it's just too funny. Yeah you can throw that whole "rotary engine/award winner" nonsense our way... One glance at the dyno charts and the respective car prices above tells the story, it's embarrassing.

I was not going to go there, frankly, until you started to show your true colors with the "ATs are sissies" comments and the personal attacks against our friend G35Fanatic that followed, etc. But hey, your ignorance, unsophistication, and empty-headedness lead to your own demise, at least on this forum...

BTW, here is where I got both dynos:
http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/dyno_rx8.html
and
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...t=1#Post294534

Old 07-08-2004, 11:39 AM

I think the G35 is a great car. I almost bought one. I do prefer it to the RX8. But, I got the 8 loaded for $29,180. While the cheapest I could get a G35 without a sunroof was $33,000. That's real money to me.

All things being equal, you really ought to consider toning down the propaganda a bit. Not all people choose a car to impress the kid in the next lane. That's why BMW's sell. Whill they aren't the fastest, they are the overall funest of the big three german marks.

I might also point out that I've seen three different magazines choose the, "embarassing" RX8 over the Nissan V6 in various applications. I would suggest that it's a bit more subjective then you make it out to be. I'm curious how many G35 owners used to own Cameros.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Shazam on 07/08/04 08:39 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-08-2004, 12:27 PM

This guy must have missed the time frame to take advantage of the recall.

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 07-08-2004, 01:13 PM

Dyno Shmyno. That's all I ever hear from the ignorant G owners. "My car's faster than you car. My daddy's bigger than your daddy. etc. etc." I would hope that most G drivers didn't choose the G based on mere horsepower or torque alone. It's a damn nice ride otherwise. Once again, I never once slammed the G as I think they're nice cars and all. I just think losers who race 1 guy in an 8, especially a buddy, does not determine the fate of his car or the rest of the 8 drivers. Better yet, those who never even drove an 8 shouldn't criticize. But hey, if it helps them sleep better, so be it. Personally, I don't need to tons of literature and magazines who prefer the 8 over the G to tell me which car to like best. I came to that conclusion all on my own. So flame me as much as you want, and point out whatever it takes to help make you feel better about yourself, but one thing won't change in my book: AT's are not meant for racing. That just means you're borrowing your mom's car and looking for races.

BTW, that comment about the Camaro by Shazam is hysterical. My brother-in-law used to have a Z28.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:15 PM

I'm going back to 6mt.net where it weeds out people who drive their mom's cars like those in this forums.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:32 PM

There you go with your stupid comments again. I find it very ironic that you are the one who speaks so highly of maintaining respect and integrity, when all you seem to do is belittle others and make little wise *** 10 year old comments. I may only be 18, but I think I've learned more about respect than you have in your entire life, however long that may be. I suggest you take your wise *** to another forum and troll there before you really **** people off.
-nima

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does the coupe compare against RX-8 and S 2000