I give up! I'm selling my G before I lose my temp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2004 | 09:45 PM
Re: Hi Mooser,

do u have a photo of the damage

Old 07-04-2004 | 09:46 PM
Re: I give up! I'm selling my G before I lose my temp

It's all about the optional paint warranty.

i have 40k on my black g. the chips are disgusting. my front bumper looks grey now because of all the chips. i hear ya. i leased mine, i wonder if the dealer is going to hassel me about the chips when i return the car. if anybody showed me a front end like mine, i would never believe that it happened from normal wear and tear.

Stock 5AT/ 20% Tint

errr...optional insurance. My fault.

Old 07-04-2004 | 09:54 PM
J_P

This is going to sound like I'm making excuses for Infiniti but I found the IS300 to also be having many chipping problems, & many RSX owners complain about the issue as well. I think it's an issue affecting most brands these days, though it seems BMW's (my uncle used to have an e46 3-series, & now a 03 Z4 3.0) paints hold up pretty well.

Old 07-04-2004 | 09:54 PM

Thanks Geo. A quick follow up on your reply. <font color=red>Daniel_G</font color=red> told me the very same thing. He said my new paint would be 10x stronger, and my "chip" problem should be significantly reduced.
My bodyshop guy, named Steve (no, not <font color=red>tinman!</font color=red>), told me that my G has 2 coats of new paint, as well as 2 coats of clearcoat. I kinda expected a little more, but that's all they did. I do have a new touch-up bottle from Grubbs, that I'll try to keep up with.......for now. I just had way too many before, to keep up with. [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]
And yes, I am very well aware of the $$$ hit I would take on turning in my G right now. That's just not gonna happen. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Maybe a 2007? Ya never know. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] By then, I should be "no wife,no life,no idea,no way in hell, no $hit, and a gopherless idiot?"
[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004 | 12:04 AM

I have over 20k on mine and no chips...

BOSCO..can't you take it to the dealership?! won't they fix that kinda thing?.... tell the its a LEMON...

Old 07-05-2004 | 12:12 AM

I laugh at the guy who trades his car in because of paint chips. yes, the paint seems to chip pretty easy, but all you had to do was buy the clear bra that covers your hood, bumper, and front fenders and that will solve your problem.it looks the same as the clear pieces on your lower rear quarter panel.

Old 07-05-2004 | 02:29 AM

It's easy. If you don't like the car, sell it. Nothing is worth that much grief. There are other cars. And they ARE just cars, after all.

Old 07-05-2004 | 03:08 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Man I feel you, even my silver G35 has paint chips and scratched all over the front bumper and in places I would never even think of getting them (Spoiler, Trunk and Rear top fender) or next to the trunk I have a chip and now its rusting. Very frustrating, gotta get mine fixed also!!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-05-2004 | 05:01 AM

ur paint chips must be pretty bad to actually think about selling your car.
do u have any pics of the chips?

Old 07-05-2004 | 07:37 AM

so sell it and move on and spare us the complainin....

Old 07-05-2004 | 11:36 AM

The paint is weak, yes. The black paint is by far the worst. I hit a bird @ 55 mph going to work (fu*ker flew right into my grill, then proceded to tumble roll up my hood and over my roofline) and now I have the most ungodly line of progressivly bigger scratches up my hood DOWN TO THE METAL. From a [censored] bird. I cant believe this. I wish something could be done, but infiniti's just gonna say "You shouldnt have hit the bird" or "You shouldnt have been driving your car on a road where theres dirt that can kick up." It's bs, but its part of owning the car. When I eventually pick up my Nismo bumper and OEM wing Ill have the hood repainted at the same time, but man was I red when I stepped outta my car to that bad of scratches. My 03 s10 and my 97 E320, both black, have held up so much better than my G so far in regards to paint, but I do admit, its not ever going to make me wanna sell the car. Paint can be replaced. It's driving the car that motivated me to get it, and I'm pretty sure that everyone else on this board feels the same way. If paint chips are enough to motivate you to terminate a $36K decision, sell it, buy a bimma, be happy with your paint, and be happy as a G goes flying by you one day on your way to work.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 07/05/04 10:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-05-2004 | 04:35 PM

Living in Montreal with our winters and poor quality roads, I can agree that in general Nissan paint /clear is very poor.
My 2000 Maxima had average paint thickness/qualtiy and poor clear coating. My 2003.5 sedan had a poor clear coat and paint quality in regards to chiping. (The 3m bra saved the sedan BIG TIME) * Thx Ian at Trimline

With my new Silverstone coupe I am awaiting a 3m clear bra and this time on the hood i will be going all the way to the tip of the xenons.

My dealer says that they have not recevied many complaints regarding this issue .. humm..

Brake pads and paint where my 2 issues with the G I know that the coupe will be the same.. and I still purchased it for its overall package.

Cheers.

Old 07-05-2004 | 05:31 PM

Don't sledgehammer it!

Sell it to me

-Justin
RIP '01 GGP Lexus IS300
JDMautoworks Featured Ride

G35C Soon to Come...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I give up! I'm selling my G before I lose my temp