G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Would you buy a G35 again?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd buy a G anytime anyplace anywhere i luv this car...

Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
the turbos retune ?!?! only the 4banger gets turbo's buddy the V6 is NA, and i highly doubt I,H,E gives the Genesis 354 WHP ....either way it still gets owned by the G37 STOCK and were not even talkin about the beast that 370Z that destroys the G37

it may have fanbase but it doesnt have nearly the mod options as G35 and 350Z.....and like i said this VQ has won awards consistently ...what awards have Hyundai won?? most likely to seize up? most likely to fall apart?

and the Genesis isnt priced well, too high, considering for a few more you can have tried and true classics

Old 04-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I had a chance to do it again, I would probably pick the G. Was looking at rx-8's, Sti's and Evo's at the time. Would love to own one but the maintenance on turbo cars are a hassle sometimes, and rotaries gas mileage just flat out sucks.

I do wish the G had a little more oomph sometimes, something a little bit more powerful than the new HR, and it could go on a diet to be more nimble. Otherwise it's a nice cruiser and pretty peppy if you drive spiritedly with not many issues.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 AM
if you're worried about "major problems" such as a window motor going bad or some rattles, or TSB issues that the dealer will fix for free, maybe you should try a schwinn or huffy instead of a car. all cars seem to have some sort of issue, if you're lucky enough to find one where you're biggest worry is having to replace a window motor then consider yourself lucky. i personally would by mine again and be happy with it again, i guess i've been "lucky" i haven't had any rattles, my windows work great, and everything is in excellent condition. i have 2 mustangs along with my G and I've had more issues with them than the G. good luck with your decision, i personally would rather have an infiniti than a hyundai, not to mention the G looks sexy as hell.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 AM
When I was looking at cars it was either the G35 for a 335i. One thing I didn't like about the 3 series was there is a LOT of them in AZ. But now I see lots of G35/37 on the road. But I would still get it again, without a doubt.

Also I think the Genesis looks good. It seems most of the 'hating' comes from the Hyundai badge rather than the performance/body.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blankline9
if you're worried about "major problems" such as a window motor going bad or some rattles, or TSB issues that the dealer will fix for free, maybe you should try a schwinn or huffy instead of a car. all cars seem to have some sort of issue, if you're lucky enough to find one where you're biggest worry is having to replace a window motor then consider yourself lucky. i personally would by mine again and be happy with it again, i guess i've been "lucky" i haven't had any rattles, my windows work great, and everything is in excellent condition. i have 2 mustangs along with my G and I've had more issues with them than the G. good luck with your decision, i personally would rather have an infiniti than a hyundai, not to mention the G looks sexy as hell.
Words of wisdom. I had a 1990 or 1991 Mustang GT 5.0, pos if there ever was one. The car was done right at 100K. D*man thing was the king of rattles back then. My 2k Mas SE needed new rotors at 20K, replaced all four and no problem since then. Quality difference is extreme. Having also owned Chrysler products in the past, think I'd welcome window motor problems, LOL.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by krnn1cenamja
Plus not every coupe has window, oil, or gas problems. It is Bias in the fact that not every G35 owner goes on this forum.
Not only that but the only people who bi*ch and complain about these things are the people who actually HAVE the problem.... so its completely biased and in no way representative of how many G owners actually have isssues!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Premier Member

I do want to go to the Hyundai dealership to test drive one sometime tho...
Burn some tires, get back and when the salesman asks if I want to go inside to "talk numbers" give him a smirk and throw out a "yeah right..." as I walk over to my G

Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
I would buy it again! No problems with my car... but, don't need to buy it again cuz I'll be keeping this forevar! (^_^)

Old 04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by speedraver
don't need to buy it again cuz I'll be keeping this forevar! (^_^)
HAHAHAHA ^THIS!

I think I have a disease or something... I feel like I can't wait for something to break on my car so I can make it better LOL

Nothing like blowing up your engine to convince you to get it built with a twin turbo

BTW speedraver WHO IS THAT IN YOUR PICTURE!? daymnnnn she's killin it

Old 04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I would definitely buy another G35. I haven't had any issues with the car. They are a great used car buy now with what you get for the $$ spent.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I would buy another Nissan, all of the ones I've owned have been great. Theyre not perfect but theyre better than ALOT of cars/trucks out there.

Just wait until people start buying the Genesis. Theyll have their problems too- its a Hyundai.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I've owned many sporty cars before my G35, and after owning this car for a few years I've developed a desire for a few of them again If I was to buy something else it would either be a first-gen STI or an AP2 S2000. However, I absolutely love my car and perhaps I would buy another, but it would probably be a G37.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
After almost 6 years of ownership, I would have to say no. The 2 BIGGEST reasons are the endless replacement of tires (front feathering and rear middle tread wear) and rattles galore! I will hang in until the end of my Elite extended warranty and then look elsewhere. Yes it's a great looking car with great acceleration. But this car does not in any way give me the feel of a higher quality car (fit and finish) and certainly has it's share of problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a G35 again?