G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

should I get a g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should I get a g35 coupe

I live in maryland where it snows 2 months out of the year. Currently I have a 2000 pathfinder. I test drove the g35 coupe and luv it. I have been arguing with myself since the coupe has come out about whether I should buy one or not. Its the difference between being sensible and just going for it. Have you all had any thoughts or regrets since buy your coupe?!?!?!? And what the word on a all wheel drive version

Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Re: should I get a g35 coupe

Just do it. You won't regret it.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:19 PM
WRAH

No the G35 series sucks! You'll hate it! The love for the car is gone at 1200miles! Don't do it! PLEASE!

Ford, Scion, Daewoo, hyundai, Citroën...all make better cars!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray

<font color=purple> WRAH ~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 07-07-2004, 01:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha, WRAH, [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]....

Denver_27, I'm up in Canada, and here in Southern Ontario, we get snow longer that you do. It means getting some snow tires and maybe extra rims, but I've never regretted buying my Coupe. Love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. --------- well maybe a Ford GT ... [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img].

Get one. You'll be glad you did.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 07-07-2004, 01:39 PM

I didn't read your post, instead I'm going to comment just based on your subject.

YES. ASAP.

-Chris

Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

ditto

Old 07-07-2004, 03:24 PM

Go for it!!! You'll love it, you'll wonder why you even questioned it

Old 07-07-2004, 05:05 PM
J_P

It snows 3 months/yr in Toronto (Canada). As long as you get a good set of snow tires, you shouldn't have too much problems. Generally for winter, the smaller the tires the better, assuming you're comparing different sizes of the exact same tires (ie both Bridgestone Potenzas).

Old 07-07-2004, 08:09 PM

Never thought I could love a car, but it was Love at first drive. No regrets at all. I decided that it's worth the extra expense to keep my Integra for the winters here in Toronto. Go for it!

04 G35 Coupe Silver M6 - stock for now ...

Old 07-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i'll give a little different point of view.... instead of OMG ITS SO BADASS AND ITS THE BEST! im gonan tell what i really think even tho i own one. I was looking at a lot of cars ranging from pure luxury to pure performance. anytime i asked what i should get people were like "well what do u want... ur looking at a VERY wide range of cars.." my cars that i looked hard at were

mitsubishi evo
subaru sti
pontiac gto
g35 coupe
audi a4 3.0 quattro
330ci

Notice the order i listed em..... it listed from performance (in my opinion) down through luxury. I went for the car that is the best mix of both (g35 coupe).I kinda regret sometimes not looking harder at the evo (i dont think i would have liked the sti). I know that if i woulda got an evo tho i wouldnt get the same reaction from as many people. All my car friends (lots of car fanatics around my school) would have thot it was a badass car.... but they think my g coupe is badass.... i know that if i had gone to pick up a girl in the evo i wouldnt get the same reaction as i do with the g. Girls get into the g (and non car males) and are like "OOOOO this is nice" just because of the feel of the ar on the inside. Its a comfortable nice car..... its not a sport sedan thats just some regular line of car (lancer or impreza) that is just heavily modded..... i dunno how to describee it.... and although i dont think about the evo or sti this way, i think about it how i see an srt4. The thing may be a faster and better performing car than my g (not by much and its still fwd)..... but everytime someone talks about their srt (i know a kid who didnt do any mods to his except start running his boost at 28 spiking at 30.... i was just like WOW this thing is fast when i went on a ride and he didnt get traction... and it was badass for a month before it blew all its hoses off lol. And when i would see the kid with that car and him thinking that his car was sooooo badass and fast i would just be like YEAH.... but its still a freakin neon!

I say u ask urself what u want.... do u want performance or luxury (i still like the bmw 3 and the a4 are nicer more comfortable cars) but i think that the best mix of both is the g coupe..... and whatever u get... u GOTTA get a manual

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-07-2004, 10:10 PM

I am a man of many words...

YES.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:03 AM

I am going to order it this week. I test drove it again yesterday. I'm getting the black 6mt. Hell with the snow. I'll just a cheap pos with fwd to commute in the snow with. I luv what some of u all done with the car

Old 07-08-2004, 12:31 PM

You'll love it. It's far and away the best car I've ever owned.

Old 07-09-2004, 03:28 PM

I had the same problem. The practical side of me was really trying to come out. Had a Maxima (rip) for lots of years, but really wanted another sportscar after my 240 SX got killed. I looked at the base model g's, but I wanted everything. I have been bitching for years that the Maxima did not have a sunroof and several other things.

Pick up a G. If you want everything on the car, just get it. I don't regret it at all.

6MT Leather/Aero/Premium Package