G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

RPM Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:59 AM
|
RPM Question

Hi,

Did anybody know what the rpms should be when cluch pedal is pressed down and the car is in motion and in gear.
On all my other sticks when the car was moving and you press the clutch the rpms would go to idle speed (below 1000)
On my G when I'm driving and press the cluch down the rpms do not go down to idle but sometimes are at 1600, sometimes just above 1000.
When the car goes to complete stop then the rpms will go to normal idle.
When you moving and throw the car in nutral rpms will be at normal idle.
Doesn't it sound like the cluch is still touching.
Also when I drive in first gear for longer time and rpms are around 3000 or more when I depress there is this noise and little shake like something was sticking.
Took the car to the dealer today but they trying to feed me it's normal line.
Just need some input before I start arguing, they do not have anything on the lot that I can compare to and I do not remember if my 06 did that.
They used to tell me that that little pinging noise that I used to hear was normal and that as I found out later was the noise that the engine would make when i started eating oil. Both of my G's when the noised occured later they got engine replaced. So this is why I do not trust dealer too much.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2009 | 12:39 PM
I don't know anyone that really trusts the STEALERSHIP with the exception of the parts dept. at Riverside....they cool! The noise you're hearing when you leave it in 1st to 3K RPM's is the throw out bearing, they chatter, whistle and make all kinds of noises. I've only had one fail and never on a Nissan vehicle. Check your oil level at least once a week, sound like you're having a bad run of luck.
Gary

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:52 AM
It's not "normal" as the dealership tells you, it might not be something life threatning, but its definatly not normal. The rpms should go down no matter what you are doing. Obviously it takes a second to do that, but they should go down whether you're at a dead stop, or going 200 on the highway. Take it back in to the infiniti dealership, if you're still under waranty tell them to go F themselves and work on your car. I dont see how its any skin off their back! F them. Tell them, bring them in the car with you, and show them exactly what is it doing, if you havent already. Every engine on any manual car will go into idle when the clutch is depressed all the way.