G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got Coupe Intake, Exhaust and Eibachs? I Do!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Coupe Intake, Exhaust and Eibachs? I Do!!!

Well guys and gals. I finally got my baby suped up!! This is actually an awesome story. As some of you guys know I was getting my Injen Intake and Eibach Pro-Kit installed on my DG Coupe yesterday. I was waiting on my B&B Exhaust and ROH Wheels to still come. So anyway, my import mechanic installed the intake and springs and I almost had an orgasm when I saw and heard the monster that now is. Anyway here comes the good part. I call my import salesman and he says to me "Dave I have some bad news". He tells me that B&B contacted him and said that the exhaust was not gonna be here until April 27. The freakin 27th, I was upset needless to say. He tells me though that Greddy released their's and he can have it in three days, he wants me to go to his store and look at a picture of the Greddy andlet him know if I want to get it or not. I was upset because now I was going to be spending like $300 more. I go to his shop and say to him OK where is the picture of the Greddy. He says ok lemme get it, he is walking around his store saying where is that picture, where is it, where..uh here it is and he turns with my shiny B&B muffler that arrived yesterday,along with the rest of my exhaust, while I was getting my other stuff done. I almost had a second go around with Ollie Orgasm. He says that the only probelm is, I would have to wait till Monday to get it installed. I was content with that and left his shop with my Exhaust in my car. This story is starting to get a litle long so I will put the rest in a nutshell. I left the store and told a friend what had occurred. Keep in mind this is at about 830 last night, he says to me dude I have tools, lets do it tonight. I gave him a little bit more than a HELL YEAH!!! We went to my GF's house and jacked it up in front of her house, got under the car and about 2 hours later I had my intake, exhaust and springs all on my baby. Folks!, I cannot explain what the car is like now. It LEAPS off of the line and from a roll it has OUTSTANDING excelleration. It is beautiful sounding. The Exhaust is an African Lion growling at it's prey which then turns into the Intake screaming for all to get the hell out of the way cuz it is coming through. The springs allow the car dance through traffic with precision handling. I am ecstatic. Pictures will soon be posted.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Got Coupe Intake, Exhaust and Eibachs? I Do!!!

Wow! Sounds like a definte mod for me. Three things: 1. Is your car a 6MT? 2. Can you find are you going to dyno it? 3. Along with the pictures is there anyway you can upload an MP3 or something of how it sounds now? Enjoy your new toys! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 03-29-2003, 02:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds awsome dude. Did you get a baseline dyno, and do you plan to dyno with the new setup?
Can't wait for details and Pics. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-29-2003, 02:48 PM

Unfortunately I got very antsy when I ordered my Coupe and I did not want to wait the extra time for the siz speed to come in. I am kind of regretting that now, but I can live. I did do a baseline dyno because I just plain got dumb and didn't think of it. Now I can dyno it, three runs for 100 bucks. A little steep, I think I can get 3 runs for 75 dollars if I look. I will see what happens with that. Pics should be up in a day or so. As far as sound, I will try my hardest to get that going also. More yet to come...

Old 03-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man. I wanna set the sound of the exhaust for my windows logon. LOL [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 03-30-2003, 12:20 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

dude, you musta added about 20HP to your car! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 03-30-2003, 01:01 PM

where did you order it from

Old 03-30-2003, 04:11 PM

are the eibachs just the springs? How much did it lower it and have you scraped yet?

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 03-30-2003, 05:27 PM

Awesome dude. Can't wait for the pics...are you planning to get it dynoed?

Old 03-30-2003, 05:49 PM

I will try to answer everyone's questions ). As far as added horsepower, the intake alone is supposed to add about 12 hp and the exhaust adds about 8.2 hp. Together those numbers go up. I have yet to have it dynoed but I will probably have it done within the next couple of weeks. My import friend told me that I probably added around 25 ponies which is awesome and believe me you can feel the car leap forward now when you hit the gas. It is indescribable really how much of a difference it makes and you can feel. The springs lowered the car 1.1 inches all around and even though they are the Sedan springs they worked perfectly and the ride is still buttery smooth. I am used to driving lowered cars, as I had a J30 dropped 2 inches so no I don't have any problems with it scraping. The drop is not real severe, it is very suttle. The naked eye can easily see that it is lowered but there is still PLENTY of clearance under the car. The wheel well is now almost gone, stock I was able to fit 5 fingers in the well between car and tire, now maybe 2 fingers between car and tire. Those of you lowering the car have no need to fret really about scraping. I did use just the Eibach Pro-Kit which is just springs. Finally I just finished taking about 10 or 11 pictures with my neighbors digi-cam. She is going to email them to me sometime tonight so I will be able to post them on here probably later tonight. I will keep everyone filled in on how it goes and then post more pics when I get my rims. More to come...

Old 03-30-2003, 05:52 PM

Carlos I ordered everything through a buddy of mine who is a local import shop owner. He though ordered directly from B&B and Injen and Eibach. He gave me his price at cost so I got hooked up. If you call Injen and B&B I believe you can order directly form them. If you call Stillen you can order these parts from them also. The springs either have to be ordered through a retailer or online, but not diretly from Eibach.