G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Are these cars even worth it???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2009 | 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by NoHomo
Hahaha there is some misunderstanding as far as what im looking for. Honestly i'm done with the tuning scene. The only reason i was considering a Evo or STi is because they come pretty good stock. As far as mods go for any car it would be basic bolt on's and a suspension. That goes for the G35 as well. I love the coupe i think it looks amazing. Im not looking for a fast car. I know these cars aren't fast but it will get up good enough for me. I'm not looking to turbo and all that. Good looking out on the recommendation for Nor Cal im gonna have to go check them out.

As i said before i was just worried about all the stuff i've read on this board. And i didn't want to be stuck with a car that has alot of issues. I would just expect a company like Infiniti to have less Engine and Tranny issues especially in such a sexy car...
sounds like youre in the same boat i was when i was shopping. go for the g man. you wont be disappointed. theyve got enough ***** to get up and run. they handle great stock...even better with some suspension tuning. get it, throw on some nice coils and wheels and just enjoy it

Old 07-03-2009 | 08:18 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
For 20-23K you can pick up a nice low mileage 06...
I got mine with all options for 22K with only 17K miles

Old 07-03-2009 | 08:51 PM
I've been looking for a while too... and i finally found my 04 PERFECT CONDITION for 15k... i got it three days ago

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...19-my-g35.html

Old 07-03-2009 | 09:23 PM
|
^^^Real clean man...Yea i'm just doing my research and getting a feel as far as price goes before i come back from Iraq in September. It's hella high in Las Vegas so i just said **** it im buying one in Cali. And so far looking online i've seen them going for 20-23K just for a 05. I would take a 04 if i had to but i would prefer something newer. Also do the rear tires really wear as fast as i've read or is it based on the driver. Cuz from my understanding the camber is not too bad on these cars. Also does the bearings go out pretty fast or is that also based on the driver??? Hopefully i can find a IP or a Red Coupe by the time i get back i really want a IP though im tired of driving black cars... It's a pain in the *** to keep nice especially in Vegas...

Old 07-04-2009 | 02:50 AM
most is based on the driver, also look out side of your area for an IP you probly find it way cheaper and nicer

Old 07-04-2009 | 02:01 PM
The oil consumption problem is nowhere near as bas as reading threads on her woul lead an outsider to believe. I paid waaaaaayy much more than most people on here for mine but, I absolutely love it.
I'd highly recommend to either look elsewhere for a car if you're having reservations, or get the newest lowest mileage G you can afford. That way if you're spending your hard-earned $$$$$, might as well get one with warranty still on it. Good luck with whatever your decision is, I'm sure you'll make a smart one. If you do get a G, at least make sure you get a 6 spd.

Old 07-04-2009 | 05:07 PM
I got a rev up, no oil probs, or tire wear problems...

Even if I end up getting oil problems, I don't care I have powertrain until 2012 , 75k miles. I won't complain getting a new motor and tranny!
btw I only have 30k miles

Old 07-04-2009 | 08:32 PM
I bought an 04 for 15k, you shouldn't have a problem finding an 05 for under 23k when you get back. Best thing to do when narrowing down cars, is to go drive all of them and see what you like the best.

Old 07-05-2009 | 04:29 AM
My 07 Coupe is running fine.. (knock on wood) ... research the right car with the right parts otherwise get a fresh g35 and kit it out yourself. Maintain your G well and it will return the favor..

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:09 AM
6MT Coupe
Went through the OC issue and is water under the bridge. There's a TSB that takes care of that, despite some dealer's games myself included. End result...have a fresh VQ with only 12K on it while my G has 40K. Revised VQ seems to pull harder than my original, so that works for me with plenty of power-train warranty left ( i bought extended when new 7yr/100K).

Love my coupe despite it's little quirks ('no' vehicle is perfect) and she still turns heads plus still occasionally get comments on how sexy it is from total strangers. Makes me all warm and fuzzy when I get those especially after owning 3.5 years

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:14 AM
I had an STI before getting my G35. It took me less than a year to decide the 4 door sedan, rough ride, gaudy wing and noisy car wasn't for me. They don't make for a comfortable DD and draw too much attention.

Old 07-06-2009 | 02:11 PM
I picked up an 05 coupe 6mt w/ 25k miles for $17k. Turns out it did need a new engine, which was replaced under warranty last week. So now I have a practically brand new car for half the price when new.

Old 07-06-2009 | 04:17 PM
Like most said, Infiniti is a very reliable brand (Nissan). The problems you heard about are problems yes, but doesnt happen to everyone. And when it does the manufacturer seems to have covered most repairs.

That being said, "is it worth it?" its a question you should ask yourself. Be warned its slow as sh*t for a 3.5L engine and no matter what amount of modding short of build+boost will make it fast.

Does it look great? Yes, its absolutely gorgeous and rides like a Lexus which can be a good or bad thing. But I could use more road feedback and speed, its a bit too soft in my opinion.

Old 07-06-2009 | 11:47 PM
|
I appreciate the words ya'll look's like im just gonna have to see if what i find still has a warranty on it i guess...

Old 07-08-2009 | 06:26 PM
Hello, I have an 2004 G Couple, I have 100k miles on it have never had any engine problems, actually my car has never seen the inside of dealers shop either, i do all my own maint. I can speak for the quality, yes of course there are some minor bugs but every car has them. I G runs like it is brand new still, not a spot of oil anywhere on my engine. I have had a good experience with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are these cars even worth it???