G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tEh d0ct0r
Here's what I'm thinking- Trade in your sedan for an 07 coupe with as low miles as you can find. There are still quite a few I have seen with less than 20k miles. Yes it won't be brand new, but you also won't be taking such a huge hit to the wallet, and you will have a beautiful almost new coupe. Good luck!
There are lots of '07 Coupes with under 20K, and many with under 10K. While the 2007 has the better looking body (Gen 1) it doesn't have the 3.7L engine. You have to get a 2008 to get that.

But, there are still some untitled 2008 G37 Coupes out there that can be had for a good price. They'll still have the full factory warranty. If you're going to trade in your new-ish Sedan, then look for one of these. You may break even on the trade but still get a new car.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a black 08 with 12k miles for $31k. That guy is looking for a sedan so we might do a trade with me letting mine go for $33k. I'm a bit weary because he's a second owner so it'll be a third hand car. What do you guys think of this deal? I'm just not sure how the auto loan will work because I'm currently financing my car. Need some advice.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Fax it first. Secondly, it may not work from your bank standpoint, because titles have to change hands. Before I bought my current g, I tried buying one from a Private seller, who owed more than he wanted to sell the car for. Banks are vary wary, so his bank or yours may not be willing to jump through the red tape necessary to pull off the switch.

In my case, my bank was willing to go the extra mile, but his wanted to do all this extra crap, which would have dragged it out over and extra 2 months. Both of us were frustrated, I had to find another g, and he just decided to keep his.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by herbiehancock00
I found a black 08 with 12k miles for $31k. That guy is looking for a sedan so we might do a trade with me letting mine go for $33k. I'm a bit weary because he's a second owner so it'll be a third hand car. What do you guys think of this deal? I'm just not sure how the auto loan will work because I'm currently financing my car. Need some advice.
First, I'd be leary of a car that's that new with so few miles and the 2nd owner is looking to get rid of it. I'd steer clear.

Second, the financing will work this way. You will have to pay off the first loan and get a new loan for the 08. You can't transfer the loan or anything like that. The problem will be that you're now buying a used car, and will probably pay a higher interest rate.