G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Low Tire Pressure Warning After Long Drive With VDC Off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Low Tire Pressure Warning After Long Drive With VDC Off?

I was driving to Maine a few weeks ago to go visit a friend and the trip is about 165 miles each way. About 7 or 8 miles into my trip, I shut my VDC off while driving and continued the drive towards my destination. Almost exactly 150 miles into my drive after shutting my VDC off, I noticed that my low-tire pressure light (!) had turned on, so I immediately pulled over and checked my tire pressure. All of my tires were inflated to a reasonable PSI for such a long highway drive and they were all within +/- 1 PSI of eachother(If I remember correctly, it was around 41 or 42 PSI, which is normal given the tire heat from the drive with a cold starting PSI of 35).

I went back into my car and shut the engine off, took the key out and then put it back in and started the car back up and the low tire pressure light was off. It stayed off for the rest of my trip.

I was just curious if anyone else has ever noticed anything like this on their car and if perhaps it's somehow tied to the VDC being turned off and me driving 150 miles with it like that(perhaps a built-in warning by the Infiniti ECU programmers or something, or perhaps an Easter-egg of some sort)? I have made this same trip before in my car twice, but I had the VDC turned on both times before and never had the tire pressure thing pop up.

That's also the first and only time I've ever seen my low-tire pressure light turn on in my car when I didn't actually have low pressure in one of my tires.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If the light was not accompanied by a very long, very loud beep, it was indicating a system malfunction (not low tire pressure).

When I drive with my winter rims (that don't have the TPMS sensors), the light turns on after driving for around an hour. Then it turns off when I turn the car off and turn it back on.

I don't see anything about it in your signature, but do you have aftermarket rims?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by dave
If the light was not accompanied by a very long, very loud beep, it was indicating a system malfunction (not low tire pressure).

When I drive with my winter rims (that don't have the TPMS sensors), the light turns on after driving for around an hour. Then it turns off when I turn the car off and turn it back on.

I don't see anything about it in your signature, but do you have aftermarket rims?
My rims are stock. I'm not sure if it made the typical beeping noise from when the Tire Pressure Monitoring system alert is triggered. I didn't hear it beep, but it may have and I possibly wouldn't have noticed because I had the radio on fairly loud and the A/C blasting on high. I drove the same route all the way back home from Maine 4 days later with the VDC turned on and without stopping, and it didn't do anything funky on the way back. I thought it was very weird how it seemed to trigger at almost exactly 150 miles though.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt put my tpms in my new wheels and my light only comes on when im driving for an hour to two hours in speeds above 70mph so there might be something wrong with one of your tpms or you dont have them in ur wheels

Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dave

Hi Dave,

I have an 05 G35 sedan that just started beeping and the low tire pressure light comes on. Doesn't happen all the time, 2 or 3 times in about a month. What kind of system malfunction could be involved?