G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

dealer scratched my bumper!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer scratched my bumper!

i went in to get my car serviced because an interior piece wasnt quite flush. when i get my car back, there is a very skinny, but long scratch on my bumper! i didnt notice it till i got home. it wasnt there when i dropped the car off and there is no way road debris could have caused this kinda scratch. it is all wiggly and goes up and down then left to right! when buffing, it looks like it comes out a bit and the white turns to blue (color of my car). im so pissed tho! should i take it back and be like WTF?!?! what do you think they can do about it short of taking the bumper off and painting it? no way ill let them do that btw. cant trust these assclowns anymore...

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Re: dealer scratched my bumper!

forgot to mention...you cant even see the parts buffed out unless under very direct sunlight. also, this fkn car is less then 3 weeks old, less the 500 miles on it, and the dealer gave the car its 1st scratch ever. :/ i realize i shouldnt be so **** and i will get scratches, rock chips, ect... i just didnt think it would happen when getting serviced. :/

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 10:14 PM

i would tell them and make them fix it but the longer u wait the more likely they will say they didnt do it i am going threw the same stuff and when they repainted my fender it was a different color so now i have to take it back again to get it done again

Old 07-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Never enough

I would get it buffed or deal with it. I know that sounds crazy but if you have them fix it they will have someone come out a do a touch up. It will look great at first until a few years down the road. If you have them respray the bumper it might not match. If thats the case they will have to blend it into the quarter. NO GOOD!

Old 07-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain, man. Similar situation happened to me...my car was 2 months old when I took it in for the first oil change (3750 miles). On my way back home, I stopped to fill up on gas...and as I usually do, while filling up the tank, I was simply walking around my car and admiring it. Then, I saw the scratch on the back bumper. I was very pi$$ed off.

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 07-27-2004, 10:25 PM

as always, thank you both for the advise. problem is, i DONT TRUST THEM WITH MY CAR ANYMORE. sorry for the caps, but wanted to emphasis the point. i dunno, i still welcome suggestions, but i may just go there and tell them they should be more careful with other ppl's rides and i will never go to their dealer for service again. sure, they see 100 g35 a day, but i only have 1 :/

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 PM

pool: did you do anything about it or just let them slide?

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Never enough

I would still try and get something out of it though, maybe some free service.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 PM

i hear you man, but free service means i let them have my car again... :/

i have been only telling my major disappointment. let me tell the whole thing. it may seem minor, but the while exp turned me off completely.

(warning, LONG)
ok, i make an appointment on fri at 8:30. i get lost and dont make it there till 9:00. no more courtesy cars. fine. i reschedule for monday at 8:30.

i come in, the service advisor is writting me up and i have to say, "do you even know what is wrong with my car?" she says no, lets go look at it. i am like "omfg" at this point, but go to my car. she stops 1/2 there and tells some other infi worker what she wants for breakfast as i am waiting for her. "id like some grits, make sure they have butter and cheese on them, where are you going btw, omg i love that place." all this while im just sitting there holding my left nad...

so she comes out, looks at the car and is like it will take maybe an hour. she is like you should take a loaner. im like OK?

i get in the loaner. the car smells like [censored]. it has 0 gas in it and i have to put gas in the fkn thing. i call later that day to ask what is going on with my car and she says she needs to order a part that will come overnight. ok i already told her what was wrong over the phone. i was like this piece comes out, everytime i push it in, it pops back out. she confirms this by saying, "you were right, everytime we push it in, it comes back out" why didnt she order the part ahead of time then?

OK fine. it has to stay overnight. i call again at 10:00 AM cause i get no word from them. the advisor is like, "we are working on your car, it will be done by 11:00 AM" fine with me, but NO call. so i call at 11:30 staying i would like to pick my car up at lunch.

the advisor says, "we just got your part in and we are working on it. it will be done at 3:00 PM" at this point, i am thinking, were you lying at 10:00 saying you were working on it or are you lying now saying you just got the part in?

ok, so i go to pick up my car. this advisor is weird. she refuses to make eye contact and speaks so softly, i have to be like "can you repeat that again?", making me feel stupid.

finally, i take my car home and notice the scratch. again, i have had this car for less then a mo. i park backwards, so look at the front bumper every time i get into the car. i would ahve noticed if the mark was already there.

ANYWAY, sorry for the long rant and the drama. am i just being a j-lo (drama-queen) and expecting too much? or am i right to have these complaints?

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate Infiniti service, they F*cking suck man! they scratched 3 of my rims in their carwash when i requested no free wash! and when i brought my car in to get my clutch repaired,my check engine light was on and they told me i did it! and made me speak with their boss to get it repaired. Also, my valve cover is scracthed and one of the screws that hold it in place snapped in half,so now i have have a stud stuck in my engine!

at least you got a loaner car,they didnt even give me one.

04 IvoryPearl Coupe 6MT
Navi | Z-tube | ClearCorners | Alum. Pedals |
Soon 2 Come -Tein Flex

Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 PM

eh? wtf? every time you take your car in for service and it takes over an hour, they are supposed to give you an loaner. im glad tehy didnt do as much to my car as yours. id be blowing my top off right now.

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 07-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo, weaksauce, I didn't head back to the dealership to address it. In my mind, the additional frustration/headache was not worth it for me. Instead, I have never returned to that dealership for service. And, when I received the Infiniti customer service report card, I made notations indicating my dissatisfaction with how they treated the car.

Side note: I always indicate that I do not want the courtesy car wash...for obvious reasons.

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 AM

i see your point. it depressed me to see a g in this shape. it was dirty, smelt bad, and was maroon (no offense to the maroon drivers) it almost (and i say ALMOST) disillusioned me in the car itself. it took me awhile to remeber that i was back in my car. i dunno, maybe im just too angry at the world to look at it in perspective. ^-^

2004 TB Coupe 6MT