G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP on Tail Light Tint Overlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009 | 01:24 AM
|
Exclamation HELP on Tail Light Tint Overlay

So I just bought the opaque overlays from Blue_bat and I'm scared to install these myself. Are these easy to install? Anyone from Chicago can help me out on this?

Who else had a hard time on this? I'm a bit anxious when I try to these kind of things. I already went through 2 sets and this is basically my last set which I don't wanna mess up again. Anyone have suggestions? Can any tint shop do these as well? Or can a fellow Driver member in the Chicago area help out? Thanks to those who help!

Old 08-12-2009 | 11:44 PM
I haz hugz to givez
Premier Member
Man I had the same fear, so i got some cheap overlays to try em out, and lets just say I don't have a future in tail light tinting! I'm sure if I was more patient with the process it could have went well, but when I order up my Bats, I'm gonna have a local tint shop hook it up. You may check the legality of this and willingness of shops in your area to do it, or hopefully you find a handy driver member to lend a hand!

Old 08-12-2009 | 11:46 PM
if you want to come down to pittsburgh/monroeville pa id install it for you lol..

the key is patience. and you need a bucket of warm water with soap. take the overlay and soak it and put some soap and water on the taillight

Old 08-13-2009 | 12:07 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Yeah.. I had a professional do them for me cuz I had the same fear.. And after watching him do it, man, I'm glad I didn't try to do that myself.. Also requires a heat gun to make sure to do the edges perfectly.. Get'em done by a pro.. You'll be glad you did.. I got mine off ebay before I found this forum.. Otherwise I'd have gone w/ Blue Bat as well.. I'd agree to check the legality, sucks to get stopped and have to rip them right off after you've done all this to get them put on.. Texas is kewl.. Plus on the 04 tails, there's a light behind the side reflector, so they can't say the "you're covering the reflector" excuse.. That's normally what they pull you over for w/ overlays on the rear lights.. You're covering the reflector which lessens the distance you can see that reflector.

Old 08-13-2009 | 01:48 AM
awh if you were in so cal!!! im the so cal installer