2006 front bumper question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:41 PM
wkk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 front bumper question

hello,

i'm looking at a 2006 coupe 6mt from a dealer...

i'm very interested in it...but i'm concerned about the front bumper which
looks to be from an 05 coupe (the bottom lip of the bumper does not flare out)

there's no mention of whether it's been in an accident or not...so i'm not
sure if they replaced the 06 front bumper with an 05....

or, did some of the 2006 coupes with 6mt come with the 2005 style bumpers?

here's the link...what do you guys think?
http://www.autotrader.ca/result/deta...8338&r=ontario

Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 AM
yes sir that is an 05 bumper. well i dont know about 6mt having 05 bumpers which i doubt. are u really going to purchase that for 25k with 71k miles.

Last edited by mackinboi; 08-16-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by mackinboi
yes sir that is an 05 bumper. well i dont know about 6mt having 05 bumpers which i doubt. are u really going to purchase that for 25k with 71k miles.

It's in Kilometers.

As for the car it self, there are plenty loop holes in the systems where you can avoid reporting a hit. I'd personally check for structural damage through someone you trust. Don't believe half the crap that comes out of used car dealers mouths. And don't let them *take it to their guy* even if it's at a nissan dealer.

I had my car taken to a nissan dealer for an inspection which I paid for. They said the car need a side marker bulb and a passenger window motor reset.

They failed to mention that the accessory belt was on it's way out, the ball joint boot was shot, and the steering rack and the swaybar end-link was threaded.

Needless to say that got me a couple of thousand off the car and a customer service complaint to that nissan dealer

Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
wkk
thanks for the replies...

yeah i had a feeling the bumper just didn't seem right....oh well the search goes on...

thanks for the advice on used car dealers....guess the old stereotype of used car salespeople still holds true...

although, a few months ago i did check out a g35 from a used car lot...and when
i asked if there were any accidents on the car..he advised that by law he had to
tell me if there was any accidents...
he then (without me asking) promptly showed me an invoice on the repairs done...something like $9000...(car was for sale for $18,000)

i can understand if the car had a rebuilt or salvage title he would probably have to let
a potential buyer know...but if i remember correctly...the title was clean.

not sure about the laws in Canada for used car salespeople...maybe if the repairs are over a certain percentage of the value of the car
they have tell you..(they probably wouldn't mention anything if there was a simple repair on a dented bumper or dent on a door)

although the car was off a lease from Infiniti Canada...so he probably figured i could find out anyways...
and so decided to be upfront about it? who knows.

anyways, thanks again mackinboi and wise-1 for the advice.

Last edited by wkk; 08-17-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
doesnt the 6MT come with sport package???? so the G should have the sport bumper instead of the non-sport bumper

Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by wkk
thanks for the replies...

yeah i had a feeling the bumper just didn't seem right....oh well the search goes on...

thanks for the advice on used car dealers....guess the old stereotype of used car salespeople still holds true...

although, a few months ago i did check out a g35 from a used car lot...and when
i asked if there were any accidents on the car..he advised that by law he had to
tell me if there was any accidents...
he then (without me asking) promptly showed me an invoice on the repairs done...something like $9000...(car was for sale for $18,000)

i can understand if the car had a rebuilt or salvage title he would probably have to let
a potential buyer know...but if i remember correctly...the title was clean.

not sure about the laws in Canada for used car salespeople...maybe if the repairs are over a certain percentage of the value of the car
they have tell you..(they probably wouldn't mention anything if there was a simple repair on a dented bumper or dent on a door)

although the car was off a lease from Infiniti Canada...so he probably figured i could find out anyways...
and so decided to be upfront about it? who knows.

anyways, thanks again mackinboi and wise-1 for the advice.

The law is limited to what you can prove on paper. I know for my last car, I got in a fender bender. I didn't go through insurance, and I got my car repaired at a small shop where I paid cash, and they assured me they wouldn't record the vin number on the bill. I checked this before I gave my car to my brother. Still a clean title, no hits, no nothing. just gotta know the way the system works. Good luck in your search!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Def all 06-07 G35 Coupes 6mt should have came with the sport bumper. Most likely the front bumper was replace in an unknown situation. You should get that check. A lot of auto collision places are clue less about face lifts on newer G35 w/ the sport bumper.