G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

People try to CARJACK me !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People try to CARJACK me !!!

Hey,

I have a problem. It seems this G35 coupe attracts LOTS LOTS of attention. More bad attention than good.

During the 8 months I've owned the car, people approach me, at all times of the day, whether its 3pm or 3am while I am stopped at a red light and ask me to roll my window down so they could talk to me. They want to ask me questions about the car..at 3am?? I dont think so. This has taken place several times and not in the best of neighborhoods. So what does a guy like me do? I PEEL OUT !! lol.

Seriously though, two days a go, I was at a stop light when I heard a loud thud coming from the back. My heart sank. I thought I got rear-ended. Looked outside and didnt see any car so I got out the car and popped the trunk as I did because I have my louisville back there. Some insane homeless dude smacked his hand on my trunk because I didnt tell him the time. I never heard him or saw him. I was at a red light with my windows up listening to loud music and theres a ton of human pedestrians in downtown manhattan and out of everyone he has to pick me to ask the time??? WHY???

I didnt beat him down because there were too many witnesses and I have a life worth living outside of prison.

Another story, last night I was in heavy traffic at a red light. Some idiot crossing the street trails his finger across the hood of my car while im sitting in my car watching him do this. He didnt key my car but just trailed his finger in the accumulated dust on the car to leave a finger streak. WHY???

I do NOT like people touching my car.

It has already been keyed badly. I havent gotten it fixed yet because of superstitious stuff. I figure if I leave it keyed for this summer and get it fixed next summer maybe no one will bother it again.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV and SAT).
No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."

Old 07-31-2004, 04:52 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: People try to CARJACK me !!!

Man that's horrible, i know all about NYC, thank god i dont live there especially with my G :/ I took my car into the city once, and almost had a heart attack because of the streets with my lowered car on rims lol. That's so weird that you attract so much attention like that, and someone running their finger across the car? That's VERy weird , be carefull man. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-31-2004, 06:07 PM

i think he was trying to seduce your G by running the finger across the hood.. my baby G ran away with another man once when that happened =P

oh... and the homeless spanking your car was just trying to get some ghetto booty

04 6MT DG Coupe: Pop/Z-tube, Nismo Ti Shift, Borla TD Exhaust, UR pulley, 35% Lumar Tint, Custom Box w 10w3v2 w. JL 250/1

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by absolutfz on 07/31/04 03:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was carjacked in Atlanta once.

I was driving a 1995 Nissan 200sx.

Old 07-31-2004, 06:34 PM

As for the guy running his finger over your hood...

I think I would have bounced it off the rev limiter (in neutral) if I were you. At least he would have soiled his pants. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 07-31-2004, 11:08 PM

A few days ago when I was at work, my manager was coming back from lunch and noticed two male taking pictures of my car, while they are sitting in there own car. My manager informed me and explained the situation to me, it made me a little scared, i hope nothing happens.

04 DG G35 coupe 5AT / z-tube / more to come...

Old 08-01-2004, 01:19 AM

Mr Elussive..you are right. I did honk my horn...to which the guy just smirked and kept on walking. I figured 'no harm done' considering the homeless guy the day before was alot worse. The CARJACK in the title is just umm...an attention getter. However, considering I have been approached in sub slums by some shady figures in the wee hours of the late late evenings, I cant be too far off from being CARJACKed one day. The neighborhoods where I have been approached are in S. Bronx, Lower Manhattan, S. Brooklyn, and Queens by Queensboro Projects.

Neffster, what is this bouncing off rev limiter thing u talking about and how is it done? Does it mess up the car? Be honest. I have an AT.

6mtinCharlotte...Pls do tell more of your experience being carjacked if its something you want to share. I am sure plenty of forum members would appreciate it.

04G35Coupe...The boys taking pics of your G were in fact....The Men in Black....looking for a new design for an alien-fighting black mobile.

No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."

Old 08-01-2004, 02:01 AM

Maybe being out at 3:00am has something to do with it. My car doesn't go to far after dark and never had any problems during daylight. Believe me there are just as many psychos in California.

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows (20%)
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI (blue)
Unorthodox Crank Pulley (blue)
Clear Corners
Grounding Wires (blue)
255/45ZR17's rear

Old 08-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NYC Garages...hells no!! I always self-park in one of the garages in Hoboken and take the train in to NYC.

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 08-01-2004, 07:46 AM

I really dont get this whole post. I live in Brooklyn and im in NYC all the time in the wee hours of the morning. Homeless dudes are insane, but what can ya do. Dont **** em off. I have people all the time asking me about my car and it doesnt bother me if im in the worst hood or the best. I even play lacrosse at CCNY in Harlem every Wednesday night. I get some look and there is never a problem.
You need to just relax, people like you car so dont be the D*ck who peels out and wont open the window to BS a lil.

Old 08-01-2004, 05:03 PM

xlacrosse..go suck a d*ck. Only homos play lacrosse. Is that even a sport anymore?

Don't tell anybody to relax. You obviously didn't read through the whole post. My car has been keyed badly so I have a right to be uptight about people near my car. I would love to see you relax after you tell me where exactly you park your car in Brooklyn.

As you have read above...or maybe you didnt...a forum member had been carjacked once. It happens. With a gorgeous car like ours, the chances for being carjacked are higher than other cars. Thats one of the reasons why we pay premium for insurance here in NYC.

You continue to open up your windows to BS a lil in the wee hours of the morning and eventually the chances of you becoming a statistic will be higher than mine."

No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I hate my G35...yeah I said it...what ?!?!?!"

Old 08-01-2004, 06:11 PM

dude i hope you do get car jacked... you should take note, people cars normally get keyed caused the people who drive the cars are d*cks.... Dude get a clue you drive a 30k car.... your making it sounds like everyone and there mother is looking to car jack your car.... please get real.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: People try to CARJACK me !!!