G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 Embarrassed me again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry My G35 Embarrassed me again.

I bought my 04' G 6 years ago, 2003.11.

I drove it for like 4 years, the driver side window started to have intermittent problems when I roll down the window and then push the auto roll-up (two clicks) it roll up an inch and then rolled back down. I have to push the button (acutally pull) a few times and it will eventually roll up.

I took to to Richmond Nissan (Former Richmond Infiniti) they said there's nothing wrong, so I had to live with that problem for another 2 years.

A month ago, I went for Tim Holton's drive thru before going to work. I found out the windows doesn't roll down. So I had to open my door and talk to the intercom, then I had to open the door again and come out from my car at the food counter to get my food. I was so EMBARRASSED.

It works sometimes tho, some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Few weeks ago, Me and a few friend went across the boarder to US for shopping. When we were back to Canada, my window died on my again when I at the canadian custom counter. I couldn't open my windows, so I had to open the door and talk to the officer. The officer must be thinking I am joking with her, got her mad, and she started searching my whole car.

GRRR!! I hate my window!

ANyone had this problem before?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam dude, thats sucks. It happens to me on my 05 coupe so i believe you. Mine doesnt like to roll up. I have to push the button down then pull up in order for it to go up. We could always put new rollup modules in there; but is the hefty price worth the glitch ? I am still debating, or waiting till the window gets worse.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once you get the window all the way up, try holding the button up for over 7 seconds then release.
Then roll it down and see if it will go back up again......
I think you can reset that one touch feature that way.....
Worth a shot

Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
A lot of times it's due to carbon build-up on the window motor. It's apparently a pain in the *** to disassemble the door and get to it, but a lot of people have solved their window issues without an expensive motor repair by just cleaning the carbon build-up from it. There is a DIY on here if you search, good luck.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i've had my window motor replaced before. just get it replaced

Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
You can clean the motor. It's really not that bad to take the door apart and to get the motor out. There are things that are definitely more of a PITA then taking the door panel off... I may be speaking from a biased perspective because when I owned my GTI way back when I had to replace the window regulator 10+ times because they would religiously go bad. But there is a DIY for door panel removal and a DIY for the motor cleaning. I suggest trying that route before you pay an arm and a leg for having the motor replaced all together.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys should really do this DIY:

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html

My driver side window has started to go out on my 05 coupe, apparently this problem is common and the fix is not very difficult. There is no reason to hate the car simply clean the window motor or other damaged components and see if the problem goes away. If that does not work them replace the motor. You can't expect all the components in the car to always work flawlessly, at some point they are all going to need a little TLC.

Last edited by mt7rabbit; 08-20-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 AM
u sir made my day. sorry to enjoy your pain but it made me laugh the image in my head made me laugh irl. so when you had to get the food im assuming that you had to get out of the car again too? did you just walk through the rest of the drive through lol. its all good tho i had to replace my ecu two weeks ago and my car wouldnt go above 2k rpm so thanks again :P

Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I have the same problem with my driver's side window and (although I've never crossed over into any other countries) this problem has embarrassed me several times too. I am going to clean the carbon off of the motor and hope for the best. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I have this problem with my passenger side door. I can't roll it up. rolls down just fine.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
i use to have this problem its funny seeing other people have it :P replaced both motors and the pass regulator.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by LEK
i've had my window motor replaced before. just get it replaced
How much did you pay to get the motor replaced?

Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 AM
Originally Posted by ShYn3z0r
u sir made my day. sorry to enjoy your pain but it made me laugh the image in my head made me laugh irl. so when you had to get the food im assuming that you had to get out of the car again too? did you just walk through the rest of the drive through lol. its all good tho i had to replace my ecu two weeks ago and my car wouldnt go above 2k rpm so thanks again :P
You little ###$!!! LOL.. I didn't walk to the counter to get food, cuz there were line-ups of car infront of me so I got back into my car and got out of the car again to get food.. GRRRR...

Today, my windows didn't work again (this is the first thing everyday I check before I step on the gas ). So I knew MacDonald, Burger King, Tim Holton drive-thru won't be my today's lunch...DOMO ended up park my car, go in Quinzno to get my sub. AGRGGH..

Old 08-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
You guys should really do this DIY:

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html

My driver side window has started to go out on my 05 coupe, apparently this problem is common and the fix is not very difficult. There is no reason to hate the car simply clean the window motor or other damaged components and see if the problem goes away. If that does not work them replace the motor. You can't expect all the components in the car to always work flawlessly, at some point they are all going to need a little TLC.
Thanks mt7rabbit, I am surprised this is such a common problem for all G35 owners. I will be surely try your link. crossing my finger.. :P

Old 08-21-2009, 06:58 AM
mgx
Banned
I have the same problem, when I double click the roll-up for passenger side window it rolls itself back down.. In the manual it said something about if it detects some interference such as something blocking the window or preventing it from closing it'll automatically reposition itself accordingly. Is there any at home fix for this? I haven't gotten around to taking the vehicle to Nissan yet for what they think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 Embarrassed me again.