G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Variable Tints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
That is the main drawback. It is not like tint.

Tint can block people from seeing in, but you still able to see out. This technology is same visability both ways. How ever much people can see in, is the same you can see out. Hence, if people cannot see in, you cannot see out.

It would be amazingly cool to have for shows, but seems to be compeltely pointless for a daily driving car.
When u set tint level to 5% visibility or more, you can see outside and make it almost impossible to see inside. Remember, a tint works the same both ways, it's easier to look outside because of the light. If ur car was very well lit inside, a regular tint will allow people to see inside easily.

Also front windows are the most complex since we have no frames and the windows go down and up. I'll be giving out quotes at the meet. I'll find some time to pm everyone that's interested.

If u want to be able to see out but not allow people to see in, then you will need the variable option (set to 5% or more instead of 0%) instead of the on/off option which is what's in the video.

I'll be posting more videos with the variable option.

But once again, I'm targeting buses/show cars

Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Would be great for show cars.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would be great for show cars.
+1 , i dont think someone would pay that much to have on their daily driver?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
+1 , i dont think someone would pay that much to have on their daily driver?
Ha ha, you would be surprised. I have see daily drivers with 40k engines, 12k big brake kits, 5k wide body/custom paints.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Ha ha, you would be surprised. I have see daily drivers with 40k engines, 12k big brake kits, 5k wide body/custom paints.
i see it all the time too. buddy of mine has a skyline he drives daily.... but realistically.

i would never drive a daily with all the stuff u described. its just an easy jack. our cars, any car, is not hard to steal.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
eventually they will have the adhesive and protection layers all built into it. like window tint. so its one step to apply it. when that happens ill be interested.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by SurraTT
eventually they will have the adhesive and protection layers all built into it. like window tint. so its one step to apply it. when that happens ill be interested.
thats when itll cost like literally nothing :]

Old 09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
thats when itll cost like literally nothing :]
Sounds goooood to me, i dont mind waiting 1 + years for a better product, at a cheaper price.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Sounds goooood to me, i dont mind waiting 1 + years for a better product, at a cheaper price.
+1, first always have bloopers. i'd gladly be a tester though.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
ya, ive been looking into this stuff, some says when no voltage is present, then its clear, and you "adjust" the clarity by adding specific voltages.

others say the exact opposite, that when no voltage is present its "frosted" so u cannot see, and by applying voltage it becomes clearer with different voltages.

i was thinking of doing all windows, but depending i would want the kind that no voltage=clear. for obvious safety reasons.

this will catch on, just give it time.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
ya, ive been looking into this stuff, some says when no voltage is present, then its clear, and you "adjust" the clarity by adding specific voltages.

others say the exact opposite, that when no voltage is present its "frosted" so u cannot see, and by applying voltage it becomes clearer with different voltages.

i was thinking of doing all windows, but depending i would want the kind that no voltage=clear. for obvious safety reasons.

this will catch on, just give it time.
IMO , voltage is nessasary when clearing out.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
IMO , voltage is nessasary when clearing out.

thats what this he has seems to be,

but imagine it on all windows in a car, including the front windshield.

and a malfunction happens....

im excited to see this in black, and ready to apply with one layer, with 0volts=clear.

IMO thats where its at.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
The chances of malfunction is the same as if your electrical system would randomly die and make your car stall.. But if that was the case, I would simply roll down the windows and drive like a bus driver

this product will pick up or even a better version of it..... In 10 years we will have cheaper n more efficent electric cars.. Doesn't stop certain ppl from buying a 110000$ tesla..

There are products that we need and there are products which someone might want. I don't think anyone will need this but it sure keeps the car cool when parked in the sun

as one person pointed out.. For ppl who spend 6k+ on brakes n rims, this is nothing.

Even though the version I have provides more privacy.. I like the other way better (0 voltage = clear)

Don't forget, I project images to this as well... The other version cannot project since the image is skewed when voltage is running (to make dark) .. The particles will cause scan lines.

I guess everything has it's advantage

Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by t7n7
The chances of malfunction is the same as if your electrical system would randomly die and make your car stall.. But if that was the case, I would simply roll down the windows and drive like a bus driver

this product will pick up or even a better version of it..... In 10 years we will have cheaper n more efficent electric cars.. Doesn't stop certain ppl from buying a 110000$ tesla..

There are products that we need and there are products which someone might want. I don't think anyone will need this but it sure keeps the car cool when parked in the sun

as one person pointed out.. For ppl who spend 6k+ on brakes n rims, this is nothing.

Even though the version I have provides more privacy.. I like the other way better (0 voltage = clear)

Don't forget, I project images to this as well... The other version cannot project since the image is skewed when voltage is running (to make dark) .. The particles will cause scan lines.

I guess everything has it's advantage

I was just saying if it malfunctioned ad it was on the front windshield.

I dont know the pricing yet, and how its even sold, if you sell it precut to G then it wont work, lol i have a maxima. so i assume it comes in a roll and needs to be cut?

well ya if you spend 6k on brakes, then this isent gonna be a big deal, now when your car is just worth 6k then its a little bit different story.

Have you messed with both versions?

the only dis advantage of the 0v=clear i can think of is, when car is parked and you want the windows not clear, it will draw power, idk how much but over a couple days or so a dead battery is possible? i assume

Old 09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
hmm... keeping anything powered when the car is off is not a good idea... i messed around with several products but this happens to be the most cheapest as well as the one with the most options (projection, can be installed on several cars etc.)

it will be custom done for each car, as in, manufactured, cut, wired and installed. it will not be sold for others to install since even the smallest mistake can really cost you.

and the reason its not installed on the front windshield is due to that safety concern... now if your car was a showcar.. np..

i'm in the process of concentrating on something totally different now, which will be just as much of a suprise as this product. it will be revealed in a few months. Lets just say, it will be much more affordable and its something EVERYONE would want in the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Variable Tints