G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you guys/ladies think about OEM 'Quality' brake rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes What do you guys/ladies think about OEM 'Quality' brake rotors?

hello, i need rear and front rotors and as well as pads for my car
. my infiniti dealer here in Ottawa/Canada quated me 1200$ just for the parts,
so i think it is ridiculus and i was looking for after market breaks, since i am not racing or tracking my car, i do not need high quality racing break setup,
my friend who is druging his mustang and experienced in after market stuff says that i won't notice any difference in street daily driving
He found me a set of four rotors for about 350$. i don't know the brand of it yet (i will learn tommorrow) but the seller says to my friend that they OEM quality rotors.
even when i searched on g35parts.com i have seen some rotors called "OEM Quality rotors" and i was wondering what you guys were thinking about these rotors, or has any one of you have experienced any rotors like these.
About the pads, i think i will get them either hawks or EBC green stuff or maybe even OEM.
i would like to know what you guys can suggest about this.
thank you in advance...

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
i have a set of used rear rotors if your interested

Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM
i would like to get new ones but thank you..
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
i have a set of used rear rotors if your interested

Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=2122

I have them. Best purchase I made since I got the car.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Well slotted would be best for street driving instead of oem. I got a rear set of powerslot rotors brand new never put on I bought the whole set cause my front were warped and I only used the front and the back I decided just not to put them on. Brand new powerslot rotors. $150 shipped. Won't find a better deal than this. check them out here:
Click here

Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 AM
if you dont mind me asking what makes them your best purchase, and what pads do you use with them?
thank you

Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=2122

I have them. Best purchase I made since I got the car.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Nothings wrong with our OEM brakes, they work very well. Why would you go to the STEALERSHIP for anything other than warranty work? Go to our own MARKETPLACE and look under brakes then have an independent knowledgeable alignment/brake shop install, every neighborhood has at least one.... Infiniti dealerships?
Gary

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 AM
thanks for the answer Gary, i know OEM rotors are good but i was asking the ones stating "OEM quality" like not OEM but similar quality aftermarket rotors and yeah there is no way i am going to the dealer for install
i just can't make my mind on which rotors to buy since i do not want to spend alot of money but don't want to buy something i have to change very soon.

Originally Posted by gary c
Nothings wrong with our OEM brakes, they work very well. Why would you go to the STEALERSHIP for anything other than warranty work? Go to our own MARKETPLACE and look under brakes then have an independent knowledgeable alignment/brake shop install, every neighborhood has at least one....
Gary

Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Doruk
thanks for the answer Gary, i know OEM rotors are good but i was asking the ones stating "OEM quality" like not OEM but similar quality aftermarket rotors and yeah there is no way i am going to the dealer for install
i just can't make my mind on which rotors to buy since i do not want to spend alot of money but don't want to buy something i have to change very soon.
Go for the R1 Concepts premium rotors in plain style or slotted. OEM Quality rotors are just that, OEM quality (which isn't that great to begin with).

Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^+1 I find that OEM rotors warp much more easily than good aftermarket rotors.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:29 AM
DBA Baby! All the way. I just ordered new hawk pads. We will see how these wear!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
I use the Centric Premium rotors, which are excellent so far. I can detect no difference from OEM rotors, though I am using OEM Brembo pads, which are responsible for the cold bit aspect.

These are the base rotors that Stoptech uses for their slotted rotors. Very reasonably priced. You can get them at Rock Auto and at Tire Rack, as well as zeckhausen.

Last edited by G35fromPA; 10-01-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Ace198920
DBA Baby! All the way. I just ordered new hawk pads. We will see how these wear!
yeah my dba's slotted with hawk pads feel great ..

Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Doruk
hello, i need rear and front rotors and as well as pads for my car
. my infiniti dealer here in Ottawa/Canada quated me 1200$ just for the parts,
so i think it is ridiculus and i was looking for after market breaks, since i am not racing or tracking my car, i do not need high quality racing break setup,
my friend who is druging his mustang and experienced in after market stuff says that i won't notice any difference in street daily driving
He found me a set of four rotors for about 350$. i don't know the brand of it yet (i will learn tommorrow) but the seller says to my friend that they OEM quality rotors.
even when i searched on g35parts.com i have seen some rotors called "OEM Quality rotors" and i was wondering what you guys were thinking about these rotors, or has any one of you have experienced any rotors like these.
About the pads, i think i will get them either hawks or EBC green stuff or maybe even OEM.
i would like to know what you guys can suggest about this.
thank you in advance...

Old 10-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just did my rotors and pads, I really debated to go aftermarket but decided on OEM, no regrets...the thing with aftermarket is that the initial bite is not as good as OEM. If you are going track then go aftermarket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys/ladies think about OEM 'Quality' brake rotors?