G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How are Gs against Evos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming from an 06 Evo IX MR to an 05 6MT Coupe, let me offer my 2 cents...

It really depends on what you want, the Evo is light, fast and totally a driver's car. Inside and out, it's made purely for performance, no extras included. Unless you're a tiny asian, you'll probably find them uncomfortable after about 30 minutes of normal driving.

I switched to the G because I wanted something new and something that had a bit more of a functional interior. The performance of the G in no way compares to the Evo, but if you're a daily commuter, you'll appreciate the G much more over the Evo.

I'd say test drive both and make your decision after that. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Get a G if you are over 25 years old, if you are younger get the EVO, lol. Stock for stock in a straight line the 2 may have similar power to wait ratios but that is about it. The Evo, being a factory turbo car can easily gain 100 hp with bolt ons and tuning while the same is not possible with a G with similar upgrades. Do you want sport luxury or just plain sport, Coupe or 4 door and are you willing to sacrifice performance for comfort or do you just want the best performance for your money? Once you answer those questions it will be easier to make your decision. Since I am over 25 I would pick the G

Old 10-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Krispyklene
or you can get a 370z... FTMFGDW
Unless he needs more then 2 seats. If I didn't have two younger brothers, I'd have a Z in a heartbeat..

Originally Posted by jaisonev
Get a G if you are over 25 years old, if you are younger get the EVO, lol. Stock for stock in a straight line the 2 may have similar power to wait ratios but that is about it. The Evo, being a factory turbo car can easily gain 100 hp with bolt ons and tuning while the same is not possible with a G with similar upgrades. Do you want sport luxury or just plain sport, Coupe or 4 door and are you willing to sacrifice performance for comfort or do you just want the best performance for your money? Once you answer those questions it will be easier to make your decision. Since I am over 25 I would pick the G
I'd say the opposite unless you or mommy/daddy have alot of money. Evo's will rip you a new one with insurance, I'm pretty sure. I know WRX's will and I'm pretty sure Evo's are the same.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OR you can get a 335i. now that's a baller sports coupe that is fast.... very fast.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:45 PM
^^ Don't have that kind of money. But thank you everyone for your responses. I might get a 350z. I really don't know. This is going to be my first car, and I want to make a wise choice, as I'm going to be paying cash, and buying it from a crash auction. So it'll be salvage title, and won't be too easy to sell if I don't want it.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 PM
350z...fast and sexy. what else can you ask for besides Megan Fox on a hayabusa

Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Okay, since now that you mention this is your first car. It's gonna be an interesting one. G35 5AT was my first car because it is a very safe car plus its quite fast and great looking plus luxurious. After a while of owning it, honestly, since I'm a car enthusiast, I really wished I had the choice to pick something like lets say a Evo. At such a young age, luxury isn't as important as you might think. I think younger people would rather have something thats crazy, fun, and rip your face off rather something soft and nice. That's how I feel. If I could do it again, I'd get the Evo.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:42 PM
My friend is going from a modded TL to an Evo. Get the evo if you're into sport driving. Get the G if you're into more comfort and luxury. If you really liked sport driving you'd probably be deciding between a STI and Evo, not the G and the evo. Compare cars to other cars within their class.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by lefizzet
Completely different cars, prioritize what you want and then decide.
1+

Listen to this guy. Apples to oranges.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
I agree with the other guys. The cars are totally different. I'm planning on going from my G35 coupe to an Evo 9. If they weren't any different, there would be no reason to. Definitely consider each cars options. For me, i'm going to miss the G35 interior. (Steering wheel controls ftw) Definitely gonna miss that, along with a few other things. If you're young, get the Evo. Don't spoil yourself with luxury yet because it will set your expectations high for your next cars. (As in, if my G didnt have steering wheel controls, I wouldn't really complain about not having it in an Evo.)

But for me, I can live without the controls and luxury for now, which is why i'm planning the switch to an Evo.

And yeah, I agree that the Evo may not be the better looking of the two. With a few exterior mods and a new set of wheels, it can look pretty good. That is, if you plan on modding. =)

One graphite gray Evo that I really love:

Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 AM
If you want fast dude, get a boosted car, i'm the son of parents that own a dealer and i been thru so many cars and yea bro boost is so much fun the only reason is a decided to sell my SRT-4 which is alot of fun i can imagine how much fun an EVO is i sold my SRT because i'm going into the law enforcement field and i need to be klean of any tiickets on my record but i suggest go with the EVO all time

Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by KakaroT
If you want fast dude, get a boosted car, i'm the son of parents that own a dealer and i been thru so many cars and yea bro boost is so much fun the only reason is a decided to sell my SRT-4 which is alot of fun i can imagine how much fun an EVO is i sold my SRT because i'm going into the law enforcement field and i need to be klean of any tiickets on my record but i suggest go with the EVO all time
Before you get into law enforcement, please fix some spelling issues, and try using periods.

To the original poster, I noticed you are buying a salvage title. If I could offer you any advice, try to avoid salvage titles. I know someone who bought a salvaged G35 coupe to save a couple thousand. He soon found out the engine had a major leak and it was soon at the dealership to get fixed for $$$. I'm pretty sure he's had the car at the dealership a lot longer than he's actually had it in his own garage. Its your first car as well, and I don't think you're going to want to have powertrain problems and breakdowns.

I don't know how it is where you live, but here in SF Bay (probably California in general) the Subaru STi seems to be a couple thousand cheaper than the Evo VIII/IX. The two cars are so close, the only deciding factor between the two should be looks. Oh, and the sound of the Subaru boxer > Evo. IMO.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
Before you get into law enforcement, please fix some spelling issues, and try using periods.

To the original poster, I noticed you are buying a salvage title. If I could offer you any advice, try to avoid salvage titles. I know someone who bought a salvaged G35 coupe to save a couple thousand. He soon found out the engine had a major leak and it was soon at the dealership to get fixed for $$$. I'm pretty sure he's had the car at the dealership a lot longer than he's actually had it in his own garage. Its your first car as well, and I don't think you're going to want to have powertrain problems and breakdowns.

I don't know how it is where you live, but here in SF Bay (probably California in general) the Subaru STi seems to be a couple thousand cheaper than the Evo VIII/IX. The two cars are so close, the only deciding factor between the two should be looks. Oh, and the sound of the Subaru boxer > Evo. IMO.
Lol what a nub kake u are..i type how ever i want here cuz it dosent matter its simply forums lol i love haters like u, and see how nub kake u are that Evo>Subaru any time anywhere mami

Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow is all I gotta say. I'm not gonna bother, you're a joke.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Krispyklene
OR you can get a 335i. now that's a baller sports coupe that is fast.... very fast.
You chip that mother fvcker and you are pretty much owning alot of stuff

and to the above poster You sure showed him!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How are Gs against Evos?