G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Changing my mind?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:17 PM
|
Changing my mind?

I want to know if it's possible to change my mind about getting my G35c even if a gave a 500$cnd deposit (not refundable)???

I called my dealer last monday, they told me the car was on the train since the 17th and today I called back to get some news so they told me that the car was on the train since the 15th but they can't tell me when it's going to be at the dealer. (WTF???They don't really seem to care)

My 500$ winter beater is dead and I really need a car NOW, if I can get out of this I'll buy a used prelude and by next year I'll have enough money to buy whatever nissan will give us(G35 convertible, G35c Turbo, 350z turbo, etc.).

Btw the car was supposed to be in since last monday.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by MontrealCoupe on 04/02/03 05:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Re: Changing my mind?

Go talk with the peeps at the dealership bro. They may be able to help with a ride for now. If not and you really don't want the Coupe, tell them you've changed your mind and want something later in the year. If they won't refund you $$$
then they should put it toward another car later on.
Sounds like the Coupe isn't far off tho if you can hang in there for a little while longer. This is one fine ride bro. Hang tough. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni

Like GSM said, sometimes the dealer will give you one of their loaners for a couple of days instead of losing the business. Worth a try anyway, if not then maybe you didn't need to them as a dealer in the first place. But if your heart is really set on the Coupe you may regret getting something else. My .02.

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 04-02-2003 | 09:51 PM

My dealer has offered a loaner for a week or two in the event I sell my car shortly before the coupe arrives. Seems your train shouldn't too far off. ...dean

Seattle area

Old 04-02-2003 | 10:25 PM
|

The first thing I tried was to get a loaner but they told me that since they are a small dealer they have very few loaners and that I can't have one. Don't get me wrong I really want my coupe but having no car where I live really sucks...I'll try to call again tomorrow to tell them that if they can't give my a loaner they will probably lose a sell.

I don't really care for the 500$, I'm just afraid they will try to make me pay for the car even if I don't want it.

Old 04-03-2003 | 01:54 AM

Really, there's no reason for the deposit to be non-refundable on a hot seller like the coupe. Maybe you can meet them part way... get your $500 back after they sell it.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-03-2003 | 02:07 AM

Look, did you sign any paperwork when you put down the deposit? Probably not. And even if you did, the deposit IS rufundable. Legally they cannot keep your money. Not only should they refund you, but they should be a hell of a lot more accomodating to you. If worst comes to worst, buy the car when it gets in, then sell it on your own, you may even make $$!

I am really sick of auto dealerships, overall it is a shady business. Oh well, what can you do?

5AT Coupe/Ivory Pearl & Graphite--with all but the navi!!!

Old 04-03-2003 | 08:17 AM

Rent a car!

Hoot

Old 04-03-2003 | 10:31 AM

my dealership told me that the $500 deposit it refundable... she said it's your money, so you can get it back if you change your mind. i wouldn't see why they wouldn't give it back. they might be telling you that so you feel forced to buy the car.

<font color=blue>can't wait til my baby arrives!</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:16 AM

It is absolutely refundable until you take delivery at which point your deposit becomes part of your downpayment. Otherwise, just put a stop payment on the check and tell your salesmen to f#$% off.

Old 04-03-2003 | 11:35 AM

I'm in NJ and in our state its aganist the law for the dealer not to refund you your money. Might want to check if the same law applies in your state. My dealer, Ray Catena in Edison NJ, is the best! They keep me in the loop with where my coupe is and was even able to get it for me a little early. If you're anywhere near Jersey deal with Gregory at Ray Catena (A+ guy even though he dont get my jokes).

Old 04-03-2003 | 01:08 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Don't worry about that bro. These cars are selling so well , if you don't buy that one, there's a bunch that will. I wouldn't give up on the 500 either. Maybe there's someone else you know could take your 'spot' so then they'd have to give you back the deposit.If you don't have a replacement you can bet the dealership does......... Good luck dude.......[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 04-04-2003 | 01:32 AM
|

I called the dealer today and they told me they really can't give me a loaner and that my car will be in soon but they can't tell me when. (**rolleyes**)

I asked about my 500$ deposit and the guy told me he has to check with the sales director but he thinks there is nothing to do about it...he never called back. Maybe the law is different in canada but I'll have to see about that.

Old 04-11-2003 | 07:56 PM
|

My Coupe is IN wooooooooooo woooooooooooo lol

I'm so happy, I'm getting it next tuesday.

Old 04-11-2003 | 08:50 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

We're glad to hear you're going thru with it bro. and only a few days to go. Tell them you want floor mats, trunk mat, and splash guards for all your trouble. Good luck dude and post pics when you can. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changing my mind?