G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What mods for my new G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:35 AM
|
Originally Posted by silencer_0
Are you only looking for visual mods, or some engine bolt-ons as well?

For visual, definitely get either some springs or coilovers. Springs would obviously be cheaper, leaving you more money left over for other mods.

Wheels, there are a lot to choose from, so it all depends on what you like. Go here: https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...post-pics.html to get some ideas of what wheels and other mods other DG owners have done.

Maybe a lip for your bumper, unless you get the sport bumper. Clear corners, paint your head/tail lights, paint your grille matte/glossy black, tint your windows.

Check out https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...plate-led.html to replace all of the interior lights with some white LED's, as well as the exterior lights. The LED's look so much better than the yellow lights the car comes with.

As for choosing between DG and OB, unless you have the time, patience, and dedication to keep a black car looking clean all the time (because it WILL constantly get dirty fast), I'd stay away from it. Happy modding
Hey haha thanks a bunch, your input has helped me a lot, i would totally look into the LED lighting but is there anything else? Any specific wheels, kind of lights? And im looking for visual for sure as well as anything that will help my car, im kind of new to cars but getting a growing obsession for them, especially this awesomeee g35. So if you could tell me what to get and why that would be awesome ha sorry guys, ima bit of a nub

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:53 AM
Wheels are your opinion dude, nobody is going to straight up tell you these wheels are for you. You have to decide what style suits you best.

Here some brands that you might look into.

Expensive
Volk
Work
iForged
Gram Light
DPE

Lesser expensive
Axis
Forgestar
MSR
TSW
Rota
Enkei

Cheap
lol

If you find a style of wheel you like then post a picture and someone could recommend you a specific wheel.
Answer these questions to tell us what you like:
1. Colour
2. Face design(5 spokes, mesh, multi-spoke etc)
3. Size
4. Lips or no lips
5. If you want performance or not(light weight wheels)

Don't say chrome, if you say chrome, I'm not helping you.

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by SoCal6992
Hey haha thanks a bunch, your input has helped me a lot, i would totally look into the LED lighting but is there anything else? Any specific wheels, kind of lights? And im looking for visual for sure as well as anything that will help my car, im kind of new to cars but getting a growing obsession for them, especially this awesomeee g35. So if you could tell me what to get and why that would be awesome ha sorry guys, ima bit of a nub
Lol best thing to do would be to start searching and reading, there's a lot of great info on this forum. Start by looking through that link I posted about what kind of look you wanna go for with a DG. I don't have much experience with wheels, so I can't really help with that.

As for the LED's, basically you'll just want a complete set of lights for the dome lights, door lights, trunk light, license plate lights, sidemarkers, and parking lights. Post in the linked thread or PM mrwong@statik, he's a cool guy and will help you out.

Some basic, cheap bolt-ons would be a z-tube w/popcharger, motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, grounding wire kit (if you get a 5AT), mrev2 (if you get a 6MT), and an HR y-pipe. Do a search on all of those for more info.

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Don't say chrome, if you say chrome, I'm not helping you.
LOL

Old 10-13-2009 | 04:39 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
+1..

Unfortunately your question is extremely open-ended as you can/will find many directions to go with your new found love...

Best of luck in your searching...