G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Two G35's and they BOTH stumble/hesitate periodically.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two G35's and they BOTH stumble/hesitate periodically.

I've owned two G35s ( both 2003, one sedan and one coupe ). When driving normally they both stumble a bit periodically ( maybe once or twice a week and just one quick hesitation at part throttle and that's it ). My coupe does it more than my sedan did but they both did it.

So the question is...is this normal? I mean, I did a full tuneup on the sedan but have yet to do one on the coupe. It doesn't bother me that much but it does kinda worry me.

Any thoughts?

Summary: Part throttle driving and in any gear...it just stumbles/hesitates for a split second and then all else is normal.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
wow...no one has this problem?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't really think people understand what issue you're trying to address, hell i am even having a hard time to understand. What do you mean by stumble a bit periodically? Like when you punch the gas your car hesitates a bit real quick and it goes? If that's what you're talking about, then its the response of your throttle body. I've heard people who have gotten grounding kits and some other stuff and have improved that issue you're talking about. Let us know a bit more about what you're talking about, maybe you can get better suggestion. Good luck.

-Jason

Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by jlo0109
I don't really think people understand what issue you're trying to address, hell i am even having a hard time to understand. What do you mean by stumble a bit periodically? Like when you punch the gas your car hesitates a bit real quick and it goes? If that's what you're talking about, then its the response of your throttle body. I've heard people who have gotten grounding kits and some other stuff and have improved that issue you're talking about. Let us know a bit more about what you're talking about, maybe you can get better suggestion. Good luck.

-Jason
No, it's not going to WOT. Let me try to explain better.

I'm driving normally...rpms are steady and then all of a sudden there is a stumble/studder/hesitation/slight jerking motion ( how ever you want to call it..lol ) for a split second and it goes away and everything is fine. It almost seems as if the spark plug that is about the fire, doesn't...and thus the engine kinda stumbles for a moment and then keeps going on normally.

I added a single ground wire to the engine and while transmission response seems a lot better ( a lot of the lag when going wot is gone )...it still does this randomly and not very often at all.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Check this vid at like .40 when he takes off. If you can catch it there is a split second lag. But this is on a MT. I think this happens cause of the throttle lag? But yours is an AT so idk.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I think I know what you are talking about. It is almost like the car has a rough or low idle while driving under light acceleration, just for a couple seconds... but the RPM is fine. I can really feel it in the shifter.

I can only speak to the 6mt. I test drove a number of them before buying mine last month. If this is the same thing, they all did it.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Does it do it more when it's rainy or damp out?

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Are you sure the car isn't doing a subtle shift?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jstin120
I think I know what you are talking about. It is almost like the car has a rough or low idle while driving under light acceleration, just for a couple seconds... but the RPM is fine. I can really feel it in the shifter.

I can only speak to the 6mt. I test drove a number of them before buying mine last month. If this is the same thing, they all did it.
I'm not sure I understand how you are explaining it but it might be the same thing. I'm just driving along and it does a quick "tug" and then keep going smooth. Almost seems like an engine misfire but it's very quick and only happens at light throttle. WOT feel fine.

Originally Posted by partyman66
Does it do it more when it's rainy or damp out?
I really haven't linked it to any type of condition, I just know it only happens at light throttle.

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I doubt it...unless the transmission is shuddering randomly while driving. I can feel the regular shifts, but this doesn't seem like a shift.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Check my thread about "No throttle response".

My car started doing this before my Throttle position sensor and APP sensor went. The car showed no code prior, but then all if a sudden the gas pedal stopped working. I'm not sure if my problem relates to yours but it might be a decent place to start digging.

Also check your fuel pump, injectors and all affiliated connections.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Here is my problem. I'm driving and i'm getting ready to turn right on a yield sign, so I brake but not a full stop. While the car is still moving, I press on the gas and it hesitates for a split second. Is that a throttle body problem? What's the fix for something like that?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
More than likely the autotragic transmission is slipping while in gear and kicks in as he tries to accelerate.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Andrei
More than likely the autotragic transmission is slipping while in gear and kicks in as he tries to accelerate.
But both cars did the same identical thing...kinda screwed up if both were slipping.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by GT-ER
But both cars did the same identical thing...kinda screwed up if both were slipping.

Crazy things can in fact happen. Who knew both my throttle body and APP sensor needed replacing?

Regardless, I would like the O/P to be more specific on the 'hesitation' that you are experiencing. Is it a bog? Does the car shutter? Does it bog and then jerk?

Be more specific on the 'hesitation' and that may help us a little more.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by atn_chargers
Here is my problem. I'm driving and i'm getting ready to turn right on a yield sign, so I brake but not a full stop. While the car is still moving, I press on the gas and it hesitates for a split second. Is that a throttle body problem? What's the fix for something like that?
Three letters...DBW = Drive by Wire. Only way to fix this is with a chip or a tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Two G35's and they BOTH stumble/hesitate periodically.