G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

windshield repalced- now car wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windshield repalced- now car wont start

ok so i just had my windshield replaced the other day and now my car wont start. and if thats not weird enough when i pulled on the passenger door handle the window rolled down. HELP!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 AM
You just traded your car for a new windshield.

DAYUM

Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure if the place you went to had to remove the dash to get at the windshield, but I would go over what they did to see if there are any loose, torn, shorted connections. That would be my first guess.

Keep us updated.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, never heard that one before.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
The windshield thing is most likely unrelated to the car not starting.... unless the new windshield is leaking like crazy, and a bunch of water from rain leaked into the car and soaked the hell out of the circuitry in the dash.. shorting it out so it won't start.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 AM
that is some weird stuff lol

Old 11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
your car is possessed

Old 11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
my friend's car did some weird things when water leaked into his fusebox. My guess would definitely be that water is leaking onto some circuitry, which could be from a bad windshield installation.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
your windshield being replaced doesnt have anything to do with it.

people always relate dumb ****.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Pay a hoodlum to steal it and crash it.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Pay a hoodlum to steal it and crash it.
yep, im pretty sure this is your only option.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by BloodlineG
your windshield being replaced doesnt have anything to do with it.

people always relate dumb ****.
How can you possibly say that? Have you seen his windshield? Do you know if water is leaking through it? Do you have some suggestion as to what the problem might actually be? If you are so sure it has nothing to do with the windshield, what is the problem?
Don't discount other people's suggestions without offering a reason as to why they don't apply. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the car not starting is related to the windshield replacement. I'm not saying that's the problem, but if that's the only thing that's changed between when the car started and when it didn't, it would make sense that they could be related.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by mferek
How can you possibly say that? Have you seen his windshield? Do you know if water is leaking through it? Do you have some suggestion as to what the problem might actually be? If you are so sure it has nothing to do with the windshield, what is the problem?
Don't discount other people's suggestions without offering a reason as to why they don't apply. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the car not starting is related to the windshield replacement. I'm not saying that's the problem, but if that's the only thing that's changed between when the car started and when it didn't, it would make sense that they could be related.
pwned!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
You should go back to where you got it changed, they probaly fuccked something up.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mferek
Chances are the windshield replacement and car not starting is very likely to be coincidental. I've been in the auto glass industry and have installed auto glass myself. When you remove a windshield you use a long tool with a short razor like blade at the end where you would slide between the glass and dash to cut the polyurathane glue thats used to seal the glass down. In my experience, I've yet to see wires reaching up that far that could have gotten cut.

When plazing the new windshield in, you use a caulking gun and line the glue along the old glue line so it stays out of sight and does not cause any damage to anything else(the glue is tough as ****-i've seen it use as a temp flat fix on a sidewall slash.)

The only way it can be related is if someone really screwed up or it was left out in the rain for a while with a damaged windshield and ALOT of water got in-- which i doubt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: windshield repalced- now car wont start