G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Service dept. won't listen....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service dept. won't listen....

So I took my G35 coupe to my local infiniti service dept 2 days ago. I have a clicking/ticking noise coming out from my right rear wheel. Recently this topic has come up in several posts here and it is known to be the rear axle bolts needing re-torquing. When I took my car in, I told my service advisor about what I thought it was based on the past experiences from fellow members on this forum, and he just kind of gave that look (you don't know wtf ur talking about). So they keep the car for 2 days and he calls me today with the news that they had fixed it. I asked, what was it?? He says it was brake dust in the rotor. I felt like a dumb$[censored] since I told him that I was pretty sure it was the axle bolt problem. So, I go pick the car up and as soon as I launch, I hear the stupid clicking noise again. I was furious. I got out of the car and went back in to tell the guy that they hadn't fixed $hit. I do a little slow motion launch and he hears the clicking. He tells me that he is very sorry for not having fix the problem and to bring the car back next week again. He mumbled something about "Well if there isn't an infiniti bulletin on the problem, there is nothing I can do about it". When I go back next week, I want to tell this clown to call other infiniti service depts that have fixed the problem. Can somebody help me and tell me what dealer fixed your problem and the phone # of the service advisor so I can point these bozos at my local infiniti service department to where they can verify the problem and its solution??
Thanks...

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Service dept. won't listen....

I would hope that their technicians have the ability to think outside the box a bit and know how to look for problems. Even for the kinds of problems that aren't in any bulletin or repair manual. Next time, ask them to have the technician actually come out and listen to the noise. Many Service writers have little mechanical knowledge. This can make it difficult to relay info to the tech and vice-versa. I've found it to be much easier dealing with techs directly.

Old 08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I went round and round with my dealer and Inf customer service for two weeks to get my car warranted. Both customer service and the dealer told me I didn't know what I was talking about, threatened to charge me for the loaner if I didn't take it back, was going to flag my car void of any future warranty work if I didn't take it back etc etc. After all that [censored], turns out the dealer didn't even take it out to check for the problem. In the end, I drove over to the dealer and showed them what was going on and they ended up honoring the warranty on all the issues (almost $5K in warranty work).

My whole point is.. if they are telling you to pack sand, take it to another dealer. It will save you TONS of time and will probably get it fixed right rather than monkey banged back together. One of my problems was with the rear axels and they just had to re-torque the bolts. All is good now. Inf customer service just repeats like a parrot what tech in CA and what the dealer tells them. I cant believe the service on the dealer and tech level sucks from a company like Inf.

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!

Old 08-20-2004, 04:03 PM

XCELR8: What was the name of the dealership that you finally got to understand and fix the problem? Mamboking goes to the same dealership as I do and I fully expect to have the same problem as you and he had/have....so, if you give us the name of your dealership, mamboking can give that to our dealership and they can have a dealership-to-dealership conference to understand what the problem is.

Thanks,

Memphis
04 G Coupe 6MT | IP | Clear Bra | 15% Tint | Clear Corners |

Old 08-20-2004, 04:24 PM

hey mamboking: Here's some additional info from 6MT, where several people describe the problem, cause, and fix.

http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?T...Terms=clicking

One of the guys, Matt_G35C, mentioned that Holman Infiniti in NJ did the same repair work on his G.

Memphis

Old 08-20-2004, 04:29 PM

Dealer is:
Infiniti of Ft.Wayne Indiana
4805 Lima Rd
260-484-9500 or 800-635-7846
talk to Dave Nagel in Infiniti service

Taken directly from my work invoice:

*Rear axle snapping can hear right side of car from 0-15mph. Cust says sounds like sticks snapping. Rear axle nuts loose slightly causing creaking noise. Apply torque to both rear axle retaining nuts. Recheck ok"

Hope that helps :-)

Old 08-20-2004, 04:44 PM

Perfect!!!! Did you happen to call Infiniti Customer Care and report this as a problem? I was told by my Dealership that the Service Departments do not feed information to Infiniti and thus Infiniti doesn't know that there is a problem unless Customers call and report. Thanks for the details above.

Mamboking: I just visited Inifinit's website and located the Holman Infiniti closest to Philly (there were two, one in Atlantic City and the other close to Philly....Matt lives in PA...let's hope he doesn't drive to Atlantic City to get his G repaired)

Holman Infiniti
577 Route 38 W
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
(856) 231-4400
(856) 231-4737

Memphis

Old 08-20-2004, 04:57 PM

Yeah the whole system is a cluster you know what. Dealers don't talk to customer service, tech only talks to the dealers, customer service will only verify what the dealer or tech says. You have to ask customer service to call the dealer and ask them what the deal is, but what's the point of that if they can authorize any more than you can? In the end, tech or engineering in CA gives the final thumb up or thumb down. The dealer told me they can only ok what corporate (aka tech) says. And if the info is transmitted incorrectly, you might not get your service done. Case in point me! Oh yeah, they wont let customers call tech either. Only the dealer or cst serv can.

Old 08-20-2004, 04:58 PM

Thanks Memphis and Xceler8. I really appreciate your help. Let's hope they can take care of the problem for me on Wednesday. I will be armed and dangerous with all this information. I will also call infiniti to report the problem as a consumer, so maybe in the future others won't have to go through the same problems as xceler8 and I did. Thanks again.

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 08-20-2004, 05:09 PM

No problem! Keep us posted

Old 08-20-2004, 09:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mamboking--

That dealer doesn't sound like he wants to help you even if he did understand the problem.

I agree with XCELR8: find another dealer with a clue, and a personality so that dealing with them isn't so unpleasant.
It'll be worth the drive, believe me. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
G/L
C.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>