G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Maturity in this forum.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Maturity in this forum.

If you older guys were so mature, why would you hate on yound kids who have nice cars. That seems a little immature to me. And by the way I worked my *** off for 3 years during high school and my first year of college and drove a shitty 1992 Ford while my parents were driving an 02' Escalade and a 2004 CLK320 so its not like they didnt have the money to buy me a nice car, it was the principle that they were trying to teach. My dad even told me when I got my liscence you want a car now? or do you want to wait a couple of years and get something really nice. I chose to wait and get something nice like a BMW 330ci but then the G came out and you know how that goes, lol. My parents are also immigrants, they are Armenian. And no they arent doctors or lawyers they both work theyre asses off at the business they created from the ground up for over 15 years, one of the largest screenprinting and embroidery shops in California's central valley.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Z2G

gg35, between dentristry and pharmacy, it would depend on many factors. i have friends and family in both fields and here is their take on each. for dentistry, it's 8 years of college and dental school. after graduation, you can make upwards of around $100k. if you own your own practice, the sky's the limit. however, the work is hard physically. depending on where you live, finding a job or place to open a practice depends on how saturated the area is with dentists. cali is VERY saturated.

for pharmacy, it is also 8 years total. you're basically counting pills to put into bottles your whole life. starting pay is around $80k/year with potential to make a bit more if you take on managerial responsibilities at the pharmacy. the potential to venture out and open your own pharmacy is pretty grim. large chains dominate the market and get better pricing for medications since they purchase in LARGE bulk. small pharmacies have been run out of business due to this fact. in my area, some have survived and flourished by capitalizing on a niche of the population -- the asian population. they open next to asian doctors and can speak in asian tongues. they also make labels in different asian dialects for their customers. overall, there is a ceiling on the wages for a pharmacist if you are employed.

destrega5,
you speak in extremes and it shows your age and naivety. not everyone can afford fast, expensive cars. and even if some can, buying your kid a moderately priced car is not selfish. rather, it is rational and responsible. to many parents, it is irresponsible to buy your kid whatever he/she desires because it doesn't teach them the value of money. and with a fast car, it also endangers their lives because most kids that age are too immature to handle its power.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:06 PM

so..back and forth..you are trying to say that g35 is a fast car right? i totally agree...but in my opinion (i've driven quite a few cars) this is not one of the cars that i would even consider hard to control......i think you guys should really try to stop to think that parents are buying their kids rockets.....

if you have read carol bird's article on education...you probably will know that it wouldn't matter too much what occupation you choose to participate in...at the end you will make more or less of only a quarter million...i am talking about 45 years of working....

but of course...working in a field that you enjoy is priceless =)

Old 08-26-2004, 09:40 PM

you kno what, just forget it. im not posting on this topic anymore. sorry if you don't like my opinions or if i offended you somehow. its just my opinions and i wanted to share it with all of you. if you all think im naive, thats fine, just please stop attacking me. this whole thing should be deleted. it has turned into an internet fist fight.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:46 PM

Dentists have a higher suicide rate than any other profession.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's from breathing in all the bad breath of folks who eat at Subway... the fumes damage the brain.

<font color=red>chinee</font color=red>
03.5 G35s

Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Z2G

drstrega5,
i apologize if i sounded like i was attacking you...i wasn't. i was just commenting on your remarks. i found them amusing as many here have too. it's not an insult on you.

and being young and naive is okay....i'm young and naive compared to my parents too: )

Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 PM

how come it says chicken if its tuna?

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube- Gone
My new Baby 2005 Subaru WRX STI Obsidian Black Pearl =D

Old 08-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Z2G

"Dentists have a higher suicide rate than any other profession."

yeah, i know...funny huh. but don't tell the dentists in my family. i guess their lives are okay living in a $2mil home in the middle of a golf course/country club, working 4 days a week, and buying whatever cars, motorcycles, boats, jetskis, etc they want in cash......kinda feel sorry for them, huh!!! : )~

but wow....this post is getting longer than the ducati/maev threads!!!!

Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 PM

thank you Z2G. i really respect you for that

hopefully we can all meet with each other when i do actually get my car. i know you might think my life is a piece of cake because my parents buy me stuff, but you dont know the whole story. my life has been nothing but hell and you should all be thankful that God loves you because he surely doesn't love me. hes cursed me with a rare heart defect and i will be getting my third open heart surgery on the 3rd. the reason my parents are getting me such a nice car is because they think it would help me recover and live as long as i can and they also hope it will encourage me to do well in college. i might have a very short life who knows, but knowing that i will probably have this car someday keeps my spirits up and helps me overcome the hardships that i have.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
DED

Congratulations.

I'll bring over some subway. They're good for the heart.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 PM

hehe thx. actually there is a subway in the hospital.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:15 PM

"I was and still am a responsible kid, i just let the power get to me. Just like most people will do once in awhile. I was jsut really unfortunate."

With that attitude you'll live another 2 years.. tops.

2004.5 AT Sedan DG Premium Sport

Old 08-26-2004, 11:48 PM

Destrega:
My prayers are with you. Don't know what religion you follow (if any), but God DOES loves you. You might have the rarest disease in the world, an un-curable disease, but God has not cursed you. Do NOT give up. Don't FREAKING give up. You will win. Mind over body.

Let your will to live and succeed in all facets of life fuel your recovery. Once again, my prayers are with you.

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Aero Pkg | Navigation | SKYLINE+GT350 emblems | Clear Corners | 35% & 50% Tints |

Old 08-27-2004, 12:00 AM

The G35 is not an expensive car.
Too many people bragging about money in here.
If you or your parents are rich, good for you.
I own a G35 but don't think it's the hottest car out.

Peace

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maturity in this forum.