G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How to adjust the window?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to adjust the window?

I hear some slight wind noise from my driver's side window when I am driving on the freeway. The nissan dealer wanted $105 (1 hr of labor) to adjust the window and "reprogram" the window motor. I thought that was ridiculous. I know you have to take off the door panel, but after that what is involved in adjusting the window?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
105? I went to Infiniti and only paid 50 bucks for that.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
First... You know the aluminum-looking trim on your doors inside handle(the handle you use to close the door once you're in the car)? Take a small flathead screwdriver and wrap the head of it in a piece of tissue, and use it to carefully pry off the aluminum-looking cover. The reason for the tissue is to try to prevent scratching up or denting that cover. It should pop out if you slowly and carefully work the screwdriver under it and slide it down the side. There will be 2 screws/bolts underneath that.

Second... you know the small lever on the inside of your door that you use to unlatch the door? If you look inside that little crevice and behind the handle/latch, there will be a hidden plastic cover 1/2" 1/2" square plastic cover that you can pop off with a screwdriver. That will reveal another hidden screw/bolt.

The rest of the bolts are plainly visible if you look on the inner edge of the door jamb. I don't recall how many there were, but there's definitely at least one... and it's located on the top inner edge of the door jamb(on the door itself) just below the glass, but on the back end of the door(towards the rear of the car). I think that one is a screw, rather than a bolt.

Once you remove all the bolts/screws... you need to pull out and lift up on the door panel, and you should hear a bunch of pop rivets releasing as you do it. You may need to work along the edge of the door panel to get them to pop out. Once all the pop rivets are released, you can lift the whole panel up and out away from the door shell. Don't pull it too far away from the door though, because there will be a whole bunch of wires connected to the panel and you don't want to break them.

This will expose the entire interior of the door for you to try to figure out how to adjust the window. I've taken my door panel off a few times, but never adjusted the window... so I can only take you as far as removing the door panel.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 AM
once u remove the door panel, there are some black dots all around the door. you'll have to pull them off. they have adhesive on them. There should be three or four bronze/gold nuts that you should loosen but not remove. At that point the window should be somewhat loose if i remember correctly. it helps to have a second person there. one on the outside to readjust it and hold it in position, then the person on the inside can re-tighten the nuts. but there is one black dot that when removed you'll be able to see a button. i don't know if they are all the same but the method for resetting mine was to have the window rolled all the way down, press and hold the button, roll the window up (not the automatic way), roll the window back down (not the automatic way), and then let go of the button. there's a good write up on here on how to take the door apart and stuff. but i hope this helps somewhat.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Listen It is very easy. Last night my passanger window would not close. I was up at 2am at night outside the street taking it apart it was very easy. here is a diy with pictures trust me very easy!! Click here for the diy