G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

SLASHED TIRE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLASHED TIRE!!!

Ok I know Im probably the ONLY guy on this forum that just has stroke after stroke of bad luck with his G but for crying out loud...evil f--kers ..pls leave me alone.

Tonight I went out to a bar/lounge...parked 2 blocks away in a very nice residential quiet neighborhood. As I pulled into the block I shut off my radio as I always do before parking. I didnt rev my engine or slam my door either. I know I hate being disturbed while I sleep so I pretty much am very aware of how to respect others sleep.

I returned to my car, started it up, and began my 20 minute drive home. As soon as I pulled out the parking spot my car beeps and the trie pressure light comes on. It was dark. So I couldnt tell where the problem was but I could see clearly it was the rear left tire that was deflated. I took a long walk to the neares gas station to purchase a can of fix-a-flat. The foam begin to leak through the tire and I can see that the sidewall has clearly been slashed straight across. I swear I F----in hate NYC and all its envious pig denizens. May they burn and rot in their own self-inflicted misery. Effin bastards. There. I let it out.

In the 9 months I have owned my coupe I have had to repair the tires no less than 8 times...I kid you not. Now I have to totally replace a tire. I am vexed. Baseball bat and weapons in my trunk are absolutely good for nothing because this serious stuff seems to happen when I am away from my ride.

Does anyone here feel my pain???

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I hate my G35...yeah I said it....what?!?!?!"

Old 08-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: SLASHED TIRE!!!

Bad luck but yeah I feel you pain. I get mad when bugs hit my G.....Is the G your only car...I never take mine to the club Bar...and if I do I'm just like you parking blocks away or in the last spt in the parking lot. I live in Maryland but I've been th NY plenty of times. I can on say the population up the has a high percentage of a-holes.....for real.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably haters,.............they seem to be everywhere these days...
Maybe the owner of the home you parked in front of figured he "owned" the street in front of his house as well, and gave your tire the Old "I'll make sure he doesn't park here again" stab.....

Either way, vandalism to any persons possessions is a crime.....doesn't matter if its a punk kid with nothing better to do, or a "typical" everyday joe who just has a hard on for people being in their space.......

Sorry to hear you luck has been so bad.....but the G is worth the pain and suffering.......

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 AM
G SQUAD

I've had a ton of bad luck with my G35. My bad luck has been with the car and stupid little problems and then the cops and them always trying to harass me. I was guessing maybe the color wasn't right for me, might be the car in general (lol). One time I had alignment done, the same nite I manage to hit a massive pothole and catch a flat. I wash the car and wax it, bird sh*ts on it. I drive through the tunnel and a cone manages to get loose and stuck under my car. Not to mention the two court dates I have comming up for summons. Once I even managed to get three nails stuck in my front tire. I mean now-a-days its, I can't get mad about it anymore I just laugh it off because its soo ridiculous. Oh yea and let me not forget about the accident that set everything in motion. Better luck anyway
-Vin

Old 08-24-2004, 09:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your demise... hopefully luck'll turn the tables for ya

'04 <font color=white>Ivory Pearl</font color=white> G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Old 08-24-2004, 10:53 AM
G SQUAD

Sorry about the tire i had that done to my other car.....so i feel your pain.....i live in brooklyn too....so things like that tend to happen here

D

Old 08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That really sucks! At least they didn't key your car...that would be more to fix.

You should do a sting operation. Park in the same spot and go hide across the street. then if anyone gets close to your car run at them swinging your bat. It's that burning rage that you get when someone has violated your property and you just go through scenarios of what you'd do if you were walking up to your car while they were vandalizing it. I went thru this last summer when my aftermarket stereo and portfolio bag were stolen from my honda.

-------------------------------------------
2004 6MT DG/G Coupe | Premium | Aero Kit | See bio for pix

Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 PM

Well my car was keyed also real badly a few months back on the right rear area all the way through to the taillight. I still havent gotten it fixed. I will get it fixed perhaps just b4 next spring.

Yeah a stakeout sting operation does sound called for. However I really dont have the free time for it.

On a lighter note, I had another situation about 2 weeks ago.
I caught a parking ticket while parked in an illegally parked amnner, but the twist to it is that my coworkers and I park there EVERY day and the one day that they finally decide to give a ticket is to my car. All the other cars surrounding mine that were also parked illegally were not ticketed. Bastid!!

As I was sitting in my car looking at the ticket I hear a bang and I looked up and saw a white van with its doors open. The idiot peeled my paint. No door ding but he screwed up my front fender paint. Then he has the audacity to tell me it'll only cost 50 bucks to fix to which I cursed him out and push came to shove and finally I pushed him so hard, his friend had to split us up. They wound up paying me for the damage. Lucky for me I was in my car when this happened. If I had not been present then I would probably never knew who did it nor ever received any compensation for the damage done. So I guess maybe I have to start living, eating, sleeping and sh--ing in my car in order to help my G avoid these dumb ignorant miscreants.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I hate my G35...yeah I said it....what?!?!?!"

Old 08-24-2004, 10:24 PM

About a hour b4 it was keyed I had wiped the entire car down with my own hands. Therefore I know EXACTLY when and where it was keyed. It was in Brooklyn on Smith street and Sackett street. I usually call my lunch order in so its ready for me to pick up. The owner of the restaurant is a friend of mine and stopped me to chat for ten minutes. I walked back to my car and discovered it keyed.

The tire slash that happened last night took place in Manhattan's meat packing district. It's not a bad neighborhood. They were even filming a movie about 20 yards away and had their bright spotlights and equipment trucks everywhere and lots people. I parked at about 1am on 13th street between 8th and 9th ave. I left the lounge about 3am to find my tire slashed.

I bought the tire from tirerack.com today. It ran me 262. includes shipping.

Lucky for me today was a breezy day at work and no added stress. So oh well, I tread on.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A

Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
G SQUAD

Black

cmon man you dont leave your baby parked in manhattan on the street.........everytime i go to the city i already put away $20-30 for parking lot......its a whole lot of money but the pieace of mind goes a long way