G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

30k Mile Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30k Mile Service

As we all know, Infiniti's prices are ridiculous for their check-ups. The dealership by me (Infiniti of Mission Viejo) wants over $500 for a few fluid changes and a glorified inspection. After looking through some threads on here, someone mentioned how they went to Nissan for theirs. I called the local Nissan dealership (Wesseloh Nissan) and they quoted me a little over $300...pretty significant difference. They both perform the same service but Infiniti tosses in the Courtesy Car.

So...my question is this...

Has anyone on here had problems with Nissan completing the work? A difference of $200 seems great, but i'm thinking it could be because they just want the business and aren't going to perform the service as well as Infiniti might (some dealerships are better than others, of course). Also, Stillen is advertising that they complete the 30k service as well. Has anyone here gone to them for it?

I've always had great experiences with Infiniti of Mission Viejo. Has anyone worked with Wesseloh?

Old 02-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
many members have had work done at nissan dealerships without issue. Why don't you just go to a reputable independent mechanic that specializes in nissan/infiniti. It will likely be cheaper and will not affect your warranty. Just out of curiosity, what is stillen charging?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Not really sure. I bought my intake and exhaust from them and haven't been back since. I receive a bunch of their emails for sales and events...which is where I saw the service ad. I'm probably going to head up there tomorrow and poke around. I'll let ya know what I find out.

Call me paranoid, but i've had a few bad run-ins with independent mechanics here in SoCal with my last vehicle and I don't want to risk anything with my G (she has a special place in my heart, haha). I'm trying to find a shop that I can go to regularly and set up some sort of working relationship with. I've got some parts on order for my next set of mods, including a very much anticipated Osirus tune. For mods, I hear HBSpeed and Church Automotive are pretty well established in this area, so i'll probably head to them for the work...but i'm almost positive they won't touch a major service schedule (although I haven't asked).

Old 02-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
350z has basically the same everything :P

Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 AM
My advice would be to fvck the stealerships and take it to a shop that specializes in Nissan/Infiniti. There are a bunch of places (some that I know aren't in your area) that have former Nissan and Infiniti certified mechanics that do a variety of work for much cheaper. You can be assured that anytime you deal with the stealership, you will ALWAYS be ripped off. You will never walk away feeling like you got a good deal. But if you insist on going to a dealership, I have heard that Nissan does the same job for a lower price (same parts, same company).

Here are the types of shops I'm talking about:

http://www.carzoneautorepair.com/index.htm
http://www.precisionz.com/

Or better yet, do it yourself if you have the tools, and you think it's worth it. I do my own oil changes and it gives me a certain satisfaction.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:20 AM
i have nothing but good things to say about Church Automotive. Had my osiris installed/tuned there. I was very pleased with the results/service.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Where are you from?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have had no issues with Nissan servicing my Infiniti's when I didn't want to do it. In addition, I have an extended warranty thru Nissan on my 04 Coupe and they did a great job replacing my AC comp. and driver's seat motor under that warranty!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
My Infiniti dealership i was quoted $700 for my 60,000 mile service!!!!
i guess ill give Nissan a call

Old 02-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I dislike saying anything bad about Infiniti dealerships. (haha no I don't) The only reason I go to Infiniti is for warranty work. Maintance gets done by my Nissan dealership where I know everyone and from my experience they charge about 40% less than Infiniti. They have a GT-R rack that fits my G and their mechanics are better trained, plus I trust them!
Gary

Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Completely agree with Gary! I know the folks at my local Nissan, and they are good.
However, there is another dealer close by that I wouldn't take my john deere too even if they offered free service....(maybe my push mower)...
So, what I'm saying is you need to ask around about the dealer.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to stop by the Nissan dealer today and talk to the service managers, try and get a feel for them. I was hoping someone would know about Wesseloh, but I'll just do a little more poking around.

DeepDiver - I've already called HBSpeed and they seemed pretty helpful. I'm going to call Church today. Do you recommend anyone specific at Church?

BlueSlate - I live down in San Clemente. Where are you?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by ThreeBlockWar
DeepDiver - I've already called HBSpeed and they seemed pretty helpful. I'm going to call Church today. Do you recommend anyone specific at Church?
Shawn Church..the owner himself.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 PM
haha very well then.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 AM
So my original quote from Nissan of mid-$300 (over the phone) was different from what they gave me in person...$484 and change. The service advisor at Weseloh didn't seem to really know too much about my car. He was convinced that I didn't have an in-cabin air filter. Needless to say, I'm still looking for other alternatives to spending $600 at the Infiniti dealership. J4, i'm going to hit up those links you sent me. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30k Mile Service