G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!

I'm seriously considering getting a 04, since several people are getting close to invoice deals right now. And the resale on the "used" G35s is very good right now. I would like to get a different color, as well as go 6MT instead of 5AT(better FI options with 6MT). I would like the increased hp, but I'll be doing that anyway. Good luck getting anything but MSRP. I don't qualify for VPP and I doubt Grubbs will offer it to forum members for several months. I'm surprised a dealer let you preorder at VPP this earlier in the model year. Anyway, for me it's invoice now, or MSRP for an 05 for I bet at least 6-9 months.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:36 AM

IMHO the only things that matter are the HP and the brembos, the new dash is not as clean looking. The clock is the centerpice of the dash, and to hid it away in already Ugly LCD screen is a shame. The analog clock is an inifiniti tradition! Nough said, lets argue about this once everything is set in concrete. Either way both cars are an unbeatable deal.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 AM

Btw bro, once the prices for a car is over 35k. You recieve an extra luxury tax which will make ur outdoor price for a few hundreds more ~_~

Old 09-06-2004, 04:04 AM

the 03 situation is quite different from the 05 situation... in 03 the g coupe is debuting and it has much higher novelty factor... spending 50k, while still irrational in my opinion, makes you one of the first people on the face of the earth to have one... now fast forward to 05 not one sane person will spend 15k extra to get a car that looks and drives more or less like last year's model that everybody and their grandmother has... i'm sorry but the hype for the 05 g will be nowhere near the level of the 03...

anyway, if the dealer tells me the g coupe i got on order is 50k out the door i'll just smile to him and ask for my refundable deposit back, then proceed to go across the street to the bmw dealership and spend 50k there...

it's simple as that...

Old 09-06-2004, 04:53 AM

No offense taken. That does totally suck for them. But thus is the price for being the first one on the block to have a car. That's why I wouldn't be the first one to have it. I am not going to pay a $10k mark up from the dealership so I can have the first one on the block. Knowing full well that it is not a limited production car and I can get it without the mark up in a year. Being patient can certainly make your walet a little thicker! Why in the world is a 20 yr old doing financing a $50k car anyway? I am 32 and after 8 yrs of college and a decent paying job I am finally feeling secure enough to get a G. I guess if your whole paycheck goes to a car and ins it is fesable but I certainly couldn't do it.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:58 AM

Well, I am in a very unique situation so the invoice vs MSRP will not affect me. I will get mine below invoice anyway, so I feel pretty lucky.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:51 AM

Well, yeah! Care to elaborate on how you can get one below invoice???

Old 09-06-2004, 05:59 AM

Family business, but before all the "must be nice" responses start let me be clear, this by no means is a free lunch. As a matter of fact there are many here with a lot nicer cars than me at way younger ages. My first car was a 74 beatle, then a 87 mazda pick up, I've been driving a civic since I graduated highschool (all through undergrad and dental school). Now 2 yrs out of school I am able to get the car of my dreams (well not really that is a 911 T). But it is as close as I can get now. I can't tell you how excited I am to go from a 125hp to 298!!!! Anyway I still have to buy mine with my hard earned cash, but I do get a great price on it.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by hawkinsmc on 09/06/04 03:14 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-06-2004, 06:17 AM

Must be nice(j/k-I always was a smart aleck) Is it wayyy below invoice or just a smidge?

Old 09-06-2004, 06:38 AM

It's just a "smige". What people may or may not know is there is not a huge markup on new cars. Dealers make their real money from parts and service (I know that is no mystery). I don't know the exact price yet but It won't be more than maybe $500 below. On a car like the G that is a great deal but on other cars that aren't so desired I have actually had friends that have haggled prices down below what I could get. I don't know how they do it. Anyway, that's my story. The best thing about being in the business is I get a great price on parts and service. I get alot of info earlier than most (although the advent of the internet has nulified that), and when I lived at home my father use to bring home a lot of cool cars. Plus I always know that the service guy is telling me the truth!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:12 AM
G SQUAD

As far as the 18hp goes....I'd like to see the result of those ponies on paper, I'd also like to know how much extra torque you'll have. I guess I'll just be content in the fact that I got my car when people still thought they were rare on the road.

I do like the rims though.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:36 AM

quoted from accordfreak:
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

and the intellegent key is only on the sedan.

<hr></blockquote>
Do you have any hard evidence that this will be the case? I'm just trying to find some hard fact that will help me make my decision as to what car I will get next. i-key and memory seats are the only 2 luxury features that I really want and just as the starter of this thread, was under the impression it would be present in the coupe. I unfortunately have the feeling that you are right about this one but I guess it's back to the waiting game until the final confirmation.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 PM

Has anyone brought up the fact that heavier wheels (I assume the 19's are) will just negate the extra HP? Seems with all these added features and bigger heavier wheels and bigger tires, that extra 18hp isnt THAT great.

I too though am pissed about the mp3 player thing. Thats definately the one thing I want.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6MT
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 09-06-2004, 03:25 PM

i dont think the wheels are going to be much heavier then the current18's since according the first official press release by infiniti they are supposed to be "19-inch FORGED aluminum-alloy wheels" and i think forged wheels are usally lighter... unless im wrong. some please do correct me if i am wrong on that. thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who is ready for the 2005 G35 Coupe? PROS vs CONS!