G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Taking my G to college

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking my G to college

I'm going to UF next fall, and am living on-campus. My question is: What do you guys think of me taking my G on campus (04 DP coupe)? Does anyone have any experience with taking nice cars on campus? I'm just worried that someone might f**k with it.

I've talked to a friend who is a Junior there, and he definitely suggested bringing a car, but he drove a Civic or something...

Gimme your advice, thanks.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Who knows. Maybe they will, maybe they will not. We will never know who might be attending your college.

There's always going to be some ******* where ever you go. If you have another car, then you should take it if your worried about people messing with it.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wasnt allowed to take my car on campus until I was atleast a junior standing. When I did get the opportunity to take it, I made sure I parked it in a very inconspicuous area and didnt get on anyone's bad side. College kids and school kids as a whole a pretty irrational and petty. First thing they'd do is mess with someone's car.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Is UF a school where lots of students have money? If you're parking in a sea of nice cars, then it'll blend right in and you won't have to worry about random acts of vandalism as much. But if you **** off some people, and they know which car is yours, then that's an entirely different story.

I'm an undergraduate at UCSC in California, and I park with Sentras and Accords, Beetles and Priuses, Range Rovers and G37s. I've never had anyone mess with my car.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 PM
UF is a school with more kids on the wealthy side and there smart, if im not mistaken you need a 3.5 to get in? unweighted, any who id bring it. im in miami and most the people i know that went or go to UF are smart.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Idk man, depends on the people like everyones said. I drive my car to school and also live on campus and am paranoid half the time. And washing it can be a pain in the ***. You dont have all your personal washing equipment like you did at home. And iv seen people door ding cars and laugh about it and walk off...like i said, im paranoid with mine.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Well... I don't know about you my fellow G owner, but I've had and heard bad stories.

Took my Black Boxster S to college to drop off some paperwork. Left the top down for maybe 2-3min to run inside. Came out and someone left a thick loogie in the seats.

Buddy brought his black NSX to school and parked in the structure. Far from all cars parked in a place that he could only find. Came back and somone spit all over his car and smeared it. No damage, but he needed to wash his car the same day.

Took my Wrx to college also and had more door dings than you can imagine. I parked far far away where no one would want to park and walk. However, it doesn't help because the crappiest car, with a rusted large door, will always want to park next to you.

I used to ride to class in my R6 and someone ripped off my CF Tank guard...FOR WHAT??? I have no idea why...

If you drive a clean looking car then just be careful. Some people just can't control their jealousy, crappy parking, or greed.

If you don't absolutely need to bring it. Then don't

Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
i went to UF. If your car is dropped your gonna hate it. The streets are horrible and people are careless.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:32 PM
college parking lots FTL.. park far and in an end space if u can.. door ding galore

Old 02-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
^Won't help. I suggest a beater if you can.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:57 PM
I went to USF. I had a T-bird for the first half of college and a camaro for the second half. The T-bird ended up with 2 door dings, the camaro with none. Its not really about parking far away or not, since the parking lots are ALWAYS packed. On top of that, colleges have fairly small parking spots, so having a coupe just makes the matters worse.

Word of advice:
Just give more room on the passenger side, while sacrificing how much room you have to get in/out for yourself, that should help out considerably.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm currently a sophomore at GT and have had my car on campus for about 9 months now and live on campus right across the street from the parking deck I use. My car has been keyed and I've gotten a couple of scratches on it from people walking by my car with backpacks and stuff. It really does depend on your luck on a college campus I feel like. There are a few other students with G35's and a couple G37's that park in the same deck as me, but somehow my car ended up getting messed with. Just be careful and try to park in a spot where no one could ding up your doors but there will always be the chance that someone will mess with your car.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Alright, so it seem like it really depends on how nice the college I go to is. UF is fairly nice. I'm paranoid when I park as it is, so I'll just be extra careful. Thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
My car was raped at a CSF parking lot. Got my car finger printed. Turns out, the kids responsible was 16, and the 3 other guys with him were not students at the campus. They basically drove around campus parking lots looking for treasure.

Long story short. Kid had to go to court, and ended up paying me some restitution for about 3 years. All I did was file a police report, and the cops did the rest. I didn't even have to appear in court. Not sure how or why I got paid but I got a check every month for over 3 years. I think the investigators sent me the papers to fill out.

So, doesn't matter if it's a "good" campus or not. Idiots will do what it takes to get freebies. You think parking in a "nice" upper class neighborhood is safe? Where you do think thieves go to when they go car hunting? The crappy neighborhoods? LOL

Old 02-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
g35 is still considered a nice car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taking my G to college