G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

To anyone with near "complete" bolt ons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To anyone with near "complete" bolt ons

I'm about to install Crawford Z Headers and an Injen SES exhaust within the next 2 weeks. Im curious if there was anyone here with similar mods who could tell me what to expect, as I dont see to many people with headers or the TS ecu on the boards as much anymore. If anyone has dyno results for similar mods (tried a search but no one was at this stage in any of the posts I saw) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
JWT/Z tube, UR pulley set (chrome), Crawford v5 plenum (black), Crawford Cats, Technosquare ECU (Crawford Tuning package)

Old 09-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Re: To anyone with near "complete" bolt ons

they said it makes the car a different beast

Old 09-20-2004, 12:53 PM

EX250,

If you do a pre and post dyno for the Crawford Headers ALONE, I'll chip in $20 to see the results. I'd like to see a graph of a G35 w/o the headers and then see one with the headers laid on top of each other. If you have mods on your car, that's fine. As long as you only do the pre and post dynos while ONLY ADDING THE HEADERS. I've contemplated adding the Crawford Headers, but for ~$1300 plus installation, I've been shying away. If you decide to take me up on this offer, please make sure the dyno shop saves the first run and overlays the second and first runs so that we can see how much power is gained and where it is gained!

Just thought I'd throw out the offer. Would you be willing to do this? And if so... does any one else want to pony up some cash to soften the blow for ex250?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM

neff...to be honest, this thought crossed my mind multiple times, as there are "claimed ~40 hp at redline, ~20 hp at peak" Doug at crawford explained to me the big deal with these headers are. Basically, if you know what long tube headers do to a V8 (the vaccum effect aspect of it, not th emoving the cats back part) this is the same theory. The length of these headers cause the exhaust to be sucked out, instead of allow it to just flow out. As far as dynoing, I would gladyly do it except...
a) my car is already in the shop, wont be back till friday/saturday with the exhaust fully installed
b) my ecu was tuned for the exhaust arleady being there... my car was running extremly rich up high because of that. Any more than 3-4 4k+ shifts on a single drive would result in the car wreaking of unburnt gas, and not wanted to fowl my plugs, I've been driving the car like a grandma for weeks now. Im pretty sure this would greatly skew the dyno results as for what you want to see.

However, Ill do my absolute best in a writeup on them... I know its not the same as seeing the actual number, but its the best I can offer for all you guys who are planning on upgrading to the Crawford headers anytime in the future.

JWT/Z tube, UR pulley set, Crawford v5 plenum, Crawford Cats, Technosquare ECU (Crawford package) -Crawford headers and Injen SES on the way-

Old 09-20-2004, 03:12 PM

Thanks for trying. I'll definitely be looking forward to the write up. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 PM

~40hp at redline?? From headers?

Uhh...

Old 09-20-2004, 04:56 PM

If you check Crawfordzcar.com you will see that the 40hp at redline applies to a 350z with the Crawford High Flow Cats, the Crawford Plenum and the Crawford Headers. To apply this to the G35, I think you need to add the Z-Tube into the mix.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:21 PM

Hey Ex250, your one of the few with the crawford plenum and the catz installed before the exhaust. im really interested because i also want to install the plenum and the catz before i get any type of exhaust. im curious about just how the crawford cats sound like?? Does it sound too loud?? and what kind of gains did u feel like u got from it??

Old 09-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the whole Crawford package with stock exhaust. I think it sounds awesome, just a little bit louder then stock. If you hear me as I drive away you would never think that I have 12 grand invested under the hood....

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 09-20-2004, 09:24 PM

/me seconds that
Only I dont have that lovel electronic buzz you have =)

Oh well, Vortech next summer unless that stroker kit really impresses me. Dont like the sheer amount of blown FI motors I've seen on the boards latley though =( For all those who care next up is a Type - N front bumper (currently on order from i-m), Nismo sways and rims. If all works out cheap enough with my current situation (see my other post floating around in the coupe section) HRE 540R's go on next spring (gotta tough out the winter on my beat up stockers). If all doesnt work out so well, the SF Winnings caught my eye the other day, but being as I've been down the mod road far to many times, I'm to the point now where I buy _IMO_ the best available, regardless of cost. It takes more time but is far more rewarding in the end to know it was done right on try one. On that subject.... for daily driving in New Jersey (Winter driving on the stockers is a must, no ruining my new rims) Tien S or H techs? Im starting to go much more towards the H techs as they dont offer as much of a drop. I know those electronically adjustable coilovers are available now, have to do some research into that before my G's suspension gets upgraded.

JWT/Z tube, UR pulley set, Crawford v5 plenum, Crawford Cats, Technosquare ECU (Crawford package) -Crawford headers and Injen SES on this weekend!-

Old 09-20-2004, 10:25 PM

thnx for the info. Please tell me how it sounds after the headers and exhaust have been installed and what kind of extra gains u experienced. Again thnx alot, your info was really helpful.