G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Auto g35 non revup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto g35 non revup

Hi, everyone I'm new to g35 driver but have had a auto g35 coupe for about a year now. I love the car but I would like to do some upgrades for both the sake of the fun of installation as well as power gains. The upgrades I have thought about doing in order of which I will most likely do them are; transgo shift kit, possibly a MREV2 and plenum spacer (will these work on non revups or do you recommend only one or the other), borla or stillen exaust (borla is cheaper but I'm wondering about hp gains), and a z-tube/ cold air intake. Does this look good to you guys or is there a different order I should put these upgrades in. Or perhaps different upgrades all together. I am really wondering about the MREV2 and plenum spacer because I have heard that non revups preform better with only one. I only want to do about $1000 worth after the transgo so which of these do you guys suggest. I may do more later but this is all for now. I have an AUTO NON REVUP g35 just to clarify. Its a 2006 btw.

Last edited by HAZE1015; 03-20-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Forget about getting the mrev,that's more for the revup engine. You'd be lucky to get 5whp from that. Definately get the spacer,Motordyne 5/16" iso-thermal is VERY popular amongst the G crowd.

I have the Z-tube,it works. If this is what you end up getting an airbox and high-flow filter is a good idea,Stillen and JWT have some good complete units.

Exhaust is a personal preference,imo,so I won't give any advice on that.

Use the search function,you can find the answer to almost anything you want to know. Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyG'n'Me
Forget about getting the mrev,that's more for the revup engine. You'd be lucky to get 5whp from that. Definately get the spacer,Motordyne 5/16" iso-thermal is VERY popular amongst the G crowd.

I have the Z-tube,it works. If this is what you end up getting an airbox and high-flow filter is a good idea,Stillen and JWT have some good complete units.

Exhaust is a personal preference,imo,so I won't give any advice on that.

Use the search function,you can find the answer to almost anything you want to know. Hope this helps.
Was the person who asked that question in your sig really serious? lol

Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I still fail to see the purpose of tuning an automatic car.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to a meet and listen to the exhausts. Best way to get which one you want without being surprised how loud or quiet it is.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dont get the mrev bro. i have HKS, iNJEN, 5/16 spacer, HFC 300 cell, and i love it. sounds nice and got some HP

Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think I am going to go with a MD 5/16" spacer, some stillen high flow cats, and the stillen z-tube CAI combo. I think I'll pass on the exhaust because that is alot of money for a minor gain, and I like the idea of the car being more of a sleeper. Is the transgo necessary to install now or can it wait? I realized if I do not install it myself (not so sure of my mechanical abilities in something that difficult) it will cost a fortune in itself. And how much HP and torque gains do you guys think I get from this setup?

Old 03-21-2010, 04:17 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Infiniti_Energy
You have failed in a most epic way.^^ The n00bs continue to amaze me with their ignorance.

OP take the money you would have spent on the MREV2 and spend it on a quality set of sway bars like Hotchkis, Stillen, or Motordyne. There's no sense in adding more power if you can't really enjoy it. If I could do my mods all over again I would have done drop/wheels, 5/16" spacer, and sways in that order then attacked the rest of my plans.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Sway bars sound good I will probably look into getting those too. I like the wheels I currently have (stock sport package). I am thinking about maybe a pop charger with the z-tube instead of the combo, but does anyone know if the pop charger comes with the airbox to accomidate it? Thanks for the advice blue dream. And thank you to everyone who has helped out with their responses excluding Infiniti_energy haha.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
+1 on the sway bars, awesome mod. Substitute the stillen HFCs for the motordyne ART pipes if you want real power .

I like the quote in your sig, Blue Dream . There's certainly been quite a few posts like that recently.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^Funny but disappointing at times to see the direction this site is headed in. There are still a ton of members that actually contribute productive posts, but a lot of new garbage pops up almost every day. I have learned soo much about my car on here, I'll probably never completely go away, but I definitely spend less time now than I have in the past.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Opinions are like....well you know! =o)

Haze, what you've experienced here is opinions some correct others very wrong. It doesn't matter if you have a 6MT or 5AT, by modding areas like the MD spacer, intake/z-tube and Stillen dual cat-back exhaust you can still achieve more HP and have a major fun G35 to drive. You don't really need sway bars until you have the HP to use em. Stillen has a trans shifter kit, I wouldn't advise using anything else. You could switch to synthetic trans fluid when it needs to be serviced, that will make your 5AT run cooler and shift easier....enjoy your ride!
Gary

Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ I'll have to disagree with the Stillen shift kit suggestion. Since a vb kit is one of my next mods, I've done some research on it, and the vast majority of people say to avoid the Stillen kit and go with the Transgo kit. There are quite a few posts regarding problems with the Stillen kit, whereas I've yet to see anything negative about the Transgo kit. There are even members on here that have switched from their Stillen kit to the Transgo kit and experienced better results.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Not this **** again.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I cant wait til a GTR whoops the pants off you. Why would you wana tune a GTR? I'd definitely leave one of those stock FOR SURE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto g35 non revup