G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

so i talked with my parents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
or 335,
Good luck trying to find a 335I/D for under $20K.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ u cant get a 1 series for that much.
haha

and they look horrible

Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I think it would real be hard to find an 06 07 coupe, less than 35k miles, for less than 20K. Maybe an 06 but the milage would definitely be more than 35k

Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Why don't you go to the dealership, SIT in and DRIVE whatever car (G35, E90, Kia Rondo) to get a feel for the interior layout and driving capabilities instead of sitting in front of your computer asking forum members to help you choose? Buying a car is a tedious process, and if you're expecting the perfect car to just fall in your lap then you don't deserve a car that stirs your soul and puts a smile on your face. You need to get out there and get an in-person feel (see interior/exterior, touch interior materials, feel the performance capabilities, hear the engine note, list goes on). You're still stuck because you went to one dealership and didn't like their cars as much as the G35? Boohoo. That's not a lot of work done on your part. You're still stuck because all you've been doing is creating your infamous threads (SxSkyLinexS coined that term correctly) asking what to buy, should I buy, blah blah blah instead of going out and crossing out options off of your list.

The G35 is a beautiful car, and ultimately here on G35Driver we're biased towards it. If you go over to BimmerForums they're biased about their own machines, regardless of how much money they need to pour into repairs or how unreliable it can be. Hop on over to ClubLexus and no matter how slow or bland an IS250 or GS300 is, it has an established group of loyal owners. Ultimately, YOU will make the choices of what matters to YOU most, because YOU'RE spending $20,000 on said car and will be driving it for the next 3+ years. What is important to one driver may not be to you, and vice versa.

I'm not saying that you're not allowed to ask for help on our forums: I and others are all for offering advice on car selection, but only once a person has done their research and test drives, debated for hours with their parents/significant other ("Honey, I love you, but I like white more."), and been hammered by sales consultants, which will ultimately leads to a narrowed down list to a select few vehicles.

Cliffs: get off your *** and go test drive some cars.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^+1

Just jack one of your parents cars and go drive some ****! Look at EVERYTHING and see whats out there.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Look at EVERYTHING and see whats out there.
^+1.

Don't be closeminded either. I despised Corollas because everyone and their mom drove 'em, and they were boring grocery getters. Took an XRS for a test drive and, Jesus Mary and Joseph, that thing was a BLAST to drive. On the contrary, I thought the CLK350 would do wonders, but it turned out to be a complete disappointment because it hummed like a Prius and I felt like the steering wheel was disconnected from the chassis.

I never thought of owning a G35 until I spotted it sitting in its space after I parked the IS250 I just test drove next to it. Got the keys to the G35 and loved what I saw, went home and researched, and five days later it was in my garage. The three best resources are: 1) your emotions, 2) car forums as they offer honest advice from a car enthusiast perspective, and 3) car review sources such as Edmunds for ideas on fit/finish and reliability.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
thanks for adding teh cliffs

i wouldnt have read the whole thing

i acutally did this time though because my name came up hahaah

Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newer saabs are absolute garbage... there nice when you drive them off the lot but be prepared to change 15 light bulbs a month on that thing

Old 03-25-2010, 12:23 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by felixsc300
^+1.

Don't be closeminded either. I despised Corollas because everyone and their mom drove 'em, and they were boring grocery getters. Took an XRS for a test drive and, Jesus Mary and Joseph, that thing was a BLAST to drive. On the contrary, I thought the CLK350 would do wonders, but it turned out to be a complete disappointment because it hummed like a Prius and I felt like the steering wheel was disconnected from the chassis.

I never thought of owning a G35 until I spotted it sitting in its space after I parked the IS250 I just test drove next to it. Got the keys to the G35 and loved what I saw, went home and researched, and five days later it was in my garage. The three best resources are: 1) your emotions, 2) car forums as they offer honest advice from a car enthusiast perspective, and 3) car review sources such as Edmunds for ideas on fit/finish and reliability.
When i test drove cars, i looked at everything from a dinan tuned 330i to a Land Rover Discovery. I already had my heart set on a G, but i made DAMN sure to look at everything.

Hell i even drove a few Jaguars. I looked at an IS350 as well and even though it was WAY out of my price range, i never would have bought it. THose new Lexus's are just BORING. I yawned getting out of it. Just dull. Lots of power, but dull..

Drove nothing like my friends 95 SC.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
When i test drove cars, i looked at everything from a dinan tuned 330i to a Land Rover Discovery. I already had my heart set on a G, but i made DAMN sure to look at everything.

Hell i even drove a few Jaguars. I looked at an IS350 as well and even though it was WAY out of my price range, i never would have bought it. THose new Lexus's are just BORING. I yawned getting out of it. Just dull. Lots of power, but dull..

Drove nothing like my friends 95 SC.
Wannabe6MT is an expert car buyer. He should get his own iPhone podcast.

I completely concur the statement you made about Lexuses. The new ones are boring. The IS350 is very responsive when you mash the throttle, but that's about it. I miss my SC300!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think you can qualify to drive a nice car till you learn how to spell and use proper grammar.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 AM
theres an sc FS in the other cars section have u seen it felix?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Send me a PM i can get into the auction here in bradenton. They have g35's all the time.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Wannabe6MT is an expert car buyer. He should get his own iPhone podcast.

I completely concur the statement you made about Lexuses. The new ones are boring. The IS350 is very responsive when you mash the throttle, but that's about it. I miss my SC300!
I drive everything i can get my hands on. I love experiencing other cars and see whats out there. Just the other day i took an 08 QX56 out for a spin, and DAMN that thing was NICE.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 AM
at least ur job permits u too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so i talked with my parents