Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Theft nightmare.... gets worse

"LMAO Cliffy!"

Sincerely,
Norm

Old 09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I made it pretty clear that I am not saying that threatening criminal charges would not be an effective mothod to recover the damages. My opinion is that it is immoral and unethical.

From this statement:

"Based on the above, I think one could make the argument that if raz threatens to press criminal charges and this in turn makes them pay for the damages, it would be more moral than pressing criminal charges that will affect the kids life for at least 10 years (until he can get it expunged from his record). Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever been found guilty of a crime?"

You are not bringing up an issue of morality here. You are backing the person into a corner so he has little choice but to pay whatever is demanded. For all we know the estimate for the wheel can be inflated. This gives the kid and his father no real option to dispute the damages. The intent of the court is to always hear from both sides if possible. This is in the interest that disputes like this will be decided fairly. I'm not saying Raznip's requests are necessarily unfair, but we are still only hearing one side of the story. And the price of his wheel does raise my eyebrow. But raising the threat of pressing criminal charges takes away the right that the defendent has to dispute all or even part of the demands made of him. Even guilty people have rights.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was under the impression that he was asking merely for what he is/will be out of pocket. If he asks for more than that, then I agree with you.

Guilty people do have rights. A speedy trial by a jury of their peers, counsel if they can't afford one, the right to confront your accuser, ad infinitum. Some say that they have more rights than innocent victims.

I don't know if he's trying to get more $ for the wheels or not but if you call 3 different infiniti dealers for a quote on the same item, I'd be willing to bet you get three different prices. I've been quoted $30 to $50 for an in-cabin air filter. Some dealers like to gouge (as I put my hand to my mouth in shock)<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by al503 on 09/17/04 01:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BUMP!

Any news/updates?

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium