G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking about Lambo doors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about Lambo doors.

Yeah I know, Im sure Im going to catch hate over this one! Ive been saving for a turbo and have some cash in the bank. But after seeing many posts about people blowing motors I think Im going to now pass on the whole turbo idea. Im a mod crazy type of guy and Im now looking for my next mod to do. Ill be painting the car very soon and at the same time I thought it would be cool to do something extra. I know there is a lot of hate on lambo doors but I think it would give the car a little extra somthing. How do you guys feel about the lambo doors? What mods do you guys have planed for your cars?

Old 09-20-2004, 02:30 PM
G SQUAD
Re: Thinking about Lambo doors.

Hey, seriously.. it's your car and you should do whatever you want, unless you care about what others think about your car.

Personally, I'd rather shave the door handles and pop the doors out whenever you need to get in. As for getting in the car if the keyfob runs out of battery.. well.. replace your battery!!

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox

Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 PM

ya... i had the picture of the silver G with the lambo kit as my background for months, many of my friends expressed dislike with it, although i find it to look quite nice. although i am not sure what troubles you might run into having the doors like that!?!? some mentioned its harder to get in and out of the car. those are some things i would look into before purchasing.

As for plans i have for my car... i was thinking about a turbo setup as well... i haven't heard anything about people blowing their motors! maybe you can shed some light on that subject... pop me a PM!

Old 09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Z2G

just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to do that mod? and how much effort/force would it take to open the door? i assume there will be hydraulics attached similar to car hoods or hatchbacks, right?

Old 09-20-2004, 02:46 PM

I've been thinking about them too, they look so awesome, but people say it looks too ghetto, i think it looks awesome, my only thing with them is that is looks like it's hard to get in or out of them. someone with them please send some feedback!!!

'04 BS Coupe 6MT Prem Pack, 35% tint, OEM Z-tube, Clear corners

Old 09-20-2004, 03:03 PM

I would say... do what looks good to you, not what everyone else thinks... at the end of the day, you'll be the one spending the time driving it (for a minimum of 2 hours a day, if you deal with California/L.A. traffic on a daily basis...heheh).

Let me say a couple things just FYI... the lambo doors look awesome, and by far they will give you the most attention and comments from onlookers (negative, but mostly positive in my experience). One thing to consider - it is not easy to get in and out of the G with these doors. They are a hassle when you have a passenger (or wife/girlfriend)... I basically become a "doorman" for everyone who rides in my car, since I don't want anyone opening or closing the door the wrong way. The G doors are very heavy, so it is especially cumbersome to open the door from the inside (i.e. for SOME female passengers)... its an awkward combination of the door being heavy and the location of the grab-point from which to push the door upwards. From the inside, I always end up grabbing the door from the bottom of the panel and sliding it upwards. Basically, it'll take some getting used to... but overall, I love the look and the "uniqueness" of it...

Take care....

Mark

*Freak of the Industry*
www.moviecarz.com

347298-purple background (Medium).jpg

Old 09-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definatly NOT my style.
I think you are sacrificing a lot for just looks.....which only about 50% or less of the population likes.
Much better things to do with your money.
Lambo doors belong on a Lambo.
JMO

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 09-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Never enough

Im not relly worried about what other think just worried about the get in and out of factor. My wife drives the car A LOT and I really dont want to here her bitch at me every time she get in and out. I think Im going to have to wait until I see this mod in person.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:00 PM

G352NV,

The actual getting in and getting out isn't too bad... although I do have to enter/exit at a diagonal or sideways - but isn't that almost what you do with a regular car with stock doors? I'm sure that your wife wouldn't have any trouble sitting down or stepping out of the G, but opening/closing the doors might pose a slight hassle. Yeah, I'd definitely say that you and your wife should check these doors out in person and get a feel for how heavy the doors are and how much effort it takes to open the doors from the inside. For me, it's not a problem and I don't consider it to be a "hassle"... just more of a little Bicep/Deltoid/Lat "exercise/workout".... heh

Mark

*Freak of the Industry*
www.moviecarz.com

347382-IMG_2285 (Small).JPG

Old 09-20-2004, 05:02 PM

pic...

*Freak of the Industry*
www.moviecarz.com

347386-IMG_2288 (Small).JPG

Old 09-20-2004, 05:03 PM

last one...

*Freak of the Industry*
www.moviecarz.com

347388-IMG_2287 (Small).JPG

Old 09-20-2004, 05:41 PM

Man in those pics it looks sick...what fenders are those anyways G354GOD?

<font color=blue>2004 TB 5AT Sedan</font color=blue>

Old 09-20-2004, 05:53 PM

The fenders are the LX Sport Fenders from Ings+1. The rest of the kit is Ings+1, except for the front bumper which is Top Secret...

Take it easy...

Mark

*Freak of the Industry*
www.moviecarz.com

Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM

what type of spoiler is that, that's the one i've been looking for for awhile, please give me a link!!

'04 BS Coupe 6MT Prem Pack, 35% tint, OEM Z-tube, Clear corners

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Lambo doors.