G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just wanted to vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to vent

Hey guys,

I have been a member of this forum for a long time now, and just wanted to post this thread to vent out how I feel about something. I'm sure most of you all have sold or bought things over the internet and as a seller, you probably have had to deal with some losers who always think they can buy things at 1/10 of the original price and still get the same exact quality.

Here's my case: I sold this INGS replica kit (sides and rear) on this forum to this mr. tough guy named Ryan XXX (SN: ryan2915) (I'm not going to stoop to his extremely low level of sending threat mails, etc etc to type out his full name). Since I was aware that it is a REPLICA kit and I am not selling the whole kit (don't have the front lip), I sold everything for CHEAP-only $700 SHIPPED (shipping costed me $190 to CA), so basically I sold the kit for $500. I bought everything from David @ 350zforums.org for 650 + shipping and I know for a fact that 2 other members on this forum have bought the same kit as well and installed everything without a problem. Of course, I didn't want to make money, but didn't want to lose too much since everything is new, came straight from David to me, then back out to the new buyer. I sold it since as most of you know, I already have a Stillen kit on my car and didn't want to prep this new kit to install on my car again.

Before I sell anything, I always have pictures of everything the buyer will be getting (here's my ad: https://g35driver.com/classifieds/pa...x=19&item=2442). So, I ship everything out to Ryan, and he gets it (i guess assuming everything to be TOP quality-just like the original kit-but of course everything's not top quality-since it is a replica and needs work from a body shop to get everything perfect).

As soon as he got everything, he emails me cussing me out, calling me names, etc etc. telling me that the kit is not in the shape that he wanted them in. Like a good seller, I follow up (ignoring all those demeaning comments he made at me) and tell him that I showed him pictures of everything before he bought it, and he shouldn't really expect to get quality that is near the authentic INGS kit since it's not. And what do I get in the end? An email back telling me to "Watch my back"?? I mean guys, we all know the famous saying: "you get what you pay for" and to expect top notch quality (especially from fiberglass) for only $500-probably not even enough money for ONE authentic INGS front lip-is just stupid. And who knows what UPS did on the way to the West Coast-the way they handled the packages may have messed up the kit even more-who knows. I even insured everything for $700 just in case.

I just wanted to vent out how frustrated I am dealing with losers like this. Why do you expect to get a > $1500 (only sides and rear) for only $500 when you KNOW that it's a replica and already seen pictures of everything you'll be buying? And how come other members on this forum have installed the same EXACT kit on their cars already, without complaints? And sending "THREAT" mails because of your own stupidity and you don't like what you get? Am I to be blamed here? I don't know guys. Thanks for reading.

Denny

Old 09-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Re: Just wanted to vent

I'm sure the guy knew that it's a replica since my ad states it VERY clearly-in the title and in the description. I packaged everything into two separate boxes since the original box got wet at my body shop and couldn't be re-used again. I bubble-wrapped the rear lip and left the side skirts the way they came to me from David. Fully insured everything for $700 so that in case UPS messed up something up, he could get insurance money from UPS. I don't even know what his problem is, cursing me out and threatening me. I don't even feel like dealing with people like him. I followed up to his complaints, but he emails me right back with another threat. I don't get it. Thanks for hearing me out though.

Denny

Old 09-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Z2G
Re: Just wanted to vent

denny317,
i totally know how you feel. i don't think you misled anyone. you did post pics. furthermore, IT'S A PRIVATE SALE!!!! that's what ppl have to realize. unless you gave him something that is obviously defective or totally the wrong thing, i would understand.

i worked in retail for 6 years when i was still in school and i know all the crazy things ppl expect when they're buying things. his reaction is typical.....wanting something for nothing or at a bargain, but expecting the same quality or service as top-notched purchases. i think that you don't have to read very long to see other member's experiences with replica kits to figure out that there is a reason why they are cheaper.....materials and workmanship. there has been so many posts on fiberglass replicas and how they need extra prep work. where has this guy been? if he didn't bother researching it, too bad for him. he should have asked.