G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rev-Up Airbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by sierrahpbt
Jeff's original response was"AHAHA. I'm POSITIVE they have." I responded to that with "how can you be so sure?". He later edited his original response to include
Hmm... So have you done a search yet?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Hmm... So have you done a search yet?
Oh yeah... You'll never catch me posting on this forum again without reading every single post on the subject first! I also learned not to argue with a guy who's avatar is picture of a little pus..y who wants to pick a fight.

Last edited by sierrahpbt; 05-08-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm NOT bashing this site...there, remember that I said that first...
however, I do belong to other forums that stem from my other cars, Camaro, Z06 Corvette etc...I too have belonged to these forums for many years, and I've noticed that each forum has it's own "personality".
This particular forum is not new thread friendly in my humble opinion, as most seem to want you to SEARCH (throughly) before posting any new threads.
That's fine and all good...but it does discourage people a bit, and makes one almost leary of posting a new thread wondering the whole time...Hmmm...am I gonna get slammed for this new thread?
So for the most part, I just read and respond on rare occasion.
Of all the other forums I belong to...this type of intolerance of new threads is unheard of.
This is a very useful site and there are a lot of good, no great qualities about it, just don't dare post a question without searching first.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by sierrahpbt
Oh yeah... You'll never catch me posting on this forum again without reading every single post on the subject first! I also learned not to argue with a guy who's avatar is picture of a little pus..y who wants to pick a fight.

Sorry man I wasn't picking a fight, you do seem very defensive though. My post merely pointed out flaws in what you said. Jeff didn't edit his first post, if he did it would say edited at such and such time on the bottom like your post #17 does. I even welcomed you to the family but I guess you missed that part. I still believe, though, that if you want to act like a spoiled brat you're welcome to GTFO. I personally couldn't care less.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
^ awesome kitty haha, love the avatar...

Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Apparently not everyone does.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyl
I'm NOT bashing this site...there, remember that I said that first...
however, I do belong to other forums that stem from my other cars, Camaro, Z06 Corvette etc...I too have belonged to these forums for many years, and I've noticed that each forum has it's own "personality".
This particular forum is not new thread friendly in my humble opinion, as most seem to want you to SEARCH (throughly) before posting any new threads.
That's fine and all good...but it does discourage people a bit, and makes one almost leary of posting a new thread wondering the whole time...Hmmm...am I gonna get slammed for this new thread?
So for the most part, I just read and respond on rare occasion.
Of all the other forums I belong to...this type of intolerance of new threads is unheard of.
This is a very useful site and there are a lot of good, no great qualities about it, just don't dare post a question without searching first.
Let's put it this way... there are tons of really, really good info here, more than just "X brand intake is more popular than Z brand". With every new thread asking for info that's already here, the great threads get lost and are harder to search.

With a quick search, I've already found more than several threads with lots of info on the revup airbox. There are already tons of threads asking this very same question with tons of great responses about it, and most of them seem to say the same thing for some odd reason... Do you really need to verify those responses again by starting a new thread asking the same question?

"I know there are tons of threads on this topic with tons of really great responses, BUT I'm needy and need someone who's been here for a while and know their stuff to verify what other old timers from this forum had to say about it."

Last edited by dofu; 05-09-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry man I wasn't picking a fight, you do seem very defensive though. My post merely pointed out flaws in what you said. Jeff didn't edit his first post, if he did it would say edited at such and such time on the bottom like your post #17 does. I even welcomed you to the family but I guess you missed that part. I still believe, though, that if you want to act like a spoiled brat you're welcome to GTFO. I personally couldn't care less.
OK Blue Dream..I officially apologize. You made some good points. And I understand your frustration with repetitive questions from newbies. Hopefully I can redeem myself with you someday...now about that Rev-Up airbox...

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Redemption not necessary but thanks for understanding our issues with repetitive questions. The rev-up airbox IMO really doesn't do much for $85. Are you going to feel a performance difference or see your MPG go up? Not a chance. Will it add a little depth to the intake sound? Possibly, but once again if sound's all you're after there are a few intake choices that you can pick for just a few more dollars than the rev-up.

I have run probably 10 or more different combinations of intake set ups using various parts and my favorite so far is the R2C. The stock box with a drop in filter is about as efficient as you can get but doesn't add that cool sound. The problem here for people trying to decide what to do is that you will be presented with literally hundreds of opinions about what to do and what not to do, and in the end it's really up to you to decide what you are looking for.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I suggest you figure out what application you want first - track, or daily driving. Since most aftermarket intakes shift low end power to the top, they are more suited for track, while the stock boxes would be better for daily driving. If you just want a cool sound, get a Z-tube.