G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Darker tints--how to be smart about these things?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darker tints--how to be smart about these things?

Hey guys,

I just got 20% tinting done to my g35 coupe. I know this might/will attract police attention, is there any advice on "being smart" about the tint job? I've heard ride w/ windows down... but this can't be done at night for me, just a comfort issue... just looking for advice or tips on those who have found ways to get along w/o disturbance.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:30 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Darker tints--how to be smart about these things?

Dont have my G tinted but i tinted my old car, Audi A4, 15% all around and 30% front windshield. I got pulled over at least 20 times in the duration of the cars two years with me and only got a ticket once or even got told anything about it. I got pulled over for speeding but he was unable to give me a ticket for that because he did not clock my speed, so instead to be a dick he gave me a ticket for my windows. I had the front windows down but he made me role them up, which is not legal to do seeing as if the car is stopped i cannot be issued a ticket for a moving violation let alone when my windows werent able to be seem anyways. i ended up getting the ticket discaded in court but am not to sure about tinting the G. I know i will but if you dont do it right it just looks stupid.

'04.5 Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Premium, Aero, Tire Package
Corners, Windows up mod

Old 09-25-2004, 04:17 PM

My windows are one shade below limo. Basically I just drive around like normal and plan on at some point dealing with having to take the tint off, get the ticket signed off, and putting it back. I've been pulled over before and given speeding tickets and had nothing said about my tint, and I've been pulled over before JUST for my tint, and hell one time I think my tint got me out of a speeding ticket (cop just wrote the tint ticket and warned me on the speeding). So basically I just see it as a crap shoot.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6MT
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 09-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Darker tints--how to be smart about these thin

If I got tints they would be light.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Re: Darker tints--how to be smart about these thin

I haven't tinted the G yet, but I had 5% on my other car for a year and was never pulled over or hassled about it. I was pulled over once for 80 in a 55 and the cop gave me a tint ticket instead of a speeding ticket...fine was only $20. I've been pulled over about 3 or 4 other times with no comments on how dark the tint was and this is in NY

Old 09-25-2004, 11:08 PM

I had 5% on my truck and never had a problem. Now 20% on the G with no problems so far! Knock on wood! Just be courteous to the cop ifyou get pulled over, if its at night, turn your dome lights on right away before he gets out of the car so he can see in, keep both hands on the steering wheel as he approaches and be respectful. Some say its kissing ****, I say it's not getting my 8alls busted!