G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who said the G35 can't run with Lamborghinis??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They do move though. It's true. Really!

Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
"Let's take a look at the G35 6 M T. You see the seat raises up, the steering wheel is moving."

hahaha

Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
G35 versus Ferrari Enzo!

Ask and you shall recieve.

(This is just a quick snipit to show the guys, it does not show what happens when the Enzo pulls on me. Most shots are "casual". There will be a full video when we get back from our tropical shoots where we gonna show island car scene)

Ran the G35 Stock against....a... FERRARI ENZO!! I won of course! NAh, I use the G as a camera car since it's smooth with decent power. Shooting from Exotic cars or bikes suck...so far. Anyway, it was NOT a race by any means, we are just beggining shooting for a future episode about the Enzo. I did my best to keep up but:
  1. I hit the rev limiter like 2-3 times
  2. Spent the entire time on the HWY in 3 and forth for max torque
  3. Whe
n he pulled on me I felt like I was in a Toyota Tercel

It really was tough trying to not redline, but going all out in a G with one window open(camera) while tracking an Enzo and being as safe as possible is tough. I can't hear the engine and there is too much going on.

Three cars that spanked our G35 the most so far:

ENZO!!
1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe
Viper SRT10s

Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
cool looking show. i'll have to check it out. Especially if they are going to do a piece on G35s in the same episode they do ferraris and lotus. Niiiiiice.

Last edited by visualfxpro; 03-27-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
this is the dumbest tread ever!!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Originally Posted by G.Dogg
this is the dumbest tread ever!!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I enjoy the videos but I think Carlyle picks wrong

Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 PM
For example?

Originally Posted by Tian
I enjoy the videos but I think Carlyle picks wrong

Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Spider Pig!...Spider Pig!...does whatever a Spider Pig does!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All cars will eventually go the same speed... in free fall.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM
People make a lot of assumptions about ferrari cars and other exotics. The reality can be VERY different in certain ways. I'm not going to argue with you on this, just state the facts and you can take it or leave it. Our STOCK exhaust note sounds WAY better than CERTAIN Ferrari car's stock exhaust. No question. Don't believe it? Consider the following:
  1. The OWNER of the FERRARI in the video was impressed by the G's exhaust and he thought it was after market.
  2. Another owner of a 355 spider FERRARI was also impressed by the G35 exhaust "Yeah I could really hear it when you fly by me"
  3. Everybody at the shoot (Owner, myself, cameraman, cameracar2) were ALL VERY disapointed with the Ferrari's quite camry sounding exhaust
  4. Months later I'm still getting used to the idea that SOME Ferraris can be so quite. It was a BIG shocker for me.
  5. Most people I know that drive exotics also agree.
  6. The owner JUST bought his car and has ALREADY upgraded exhaust even though he did not want to spend the money...he did it because HE thinks the exhaust sucks.
  7. NOW with upgraded exhaust his car sounds the way you guys think all Ferraris sound and certainly better than the G to some/many.

Yes, Ferrari's have more sex appeal to most, but they are NOT perfect. People need to stop thinking the grass is always greener on the other side though and appreciate more what they have. G35s are AWESOME cars for what they are! They also have many more advantages over the Ferrari 360. Most of the ferrari's appeal is from sex appeal and image and performance. We have better luxury, efficiency, comfort, stock sound, value and convenience. Much more well rounded.

You want to argue with people who own and drive exotics about exotics, then knock yourself out. There is no point in me making this up. Think about that for a second.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 AM
The owners own words:

"Thats my Ferrari. After being used as an example for the lame, but at least to some, still nice sounding stock exhaust, I want you all to know that I just ordered a Tubi Style, with valves. Next time I'm out cruising the highway, you're going to hear me before you see me. Ha!"

Jeez, I feel like I'm trying to say god doesn't exist or something. Love to hear what people say when the comparison video with the moded exhaust compare to stock comes out. With the fanatical responses I've been getting, people probably still won't get it.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
didnt watch the video. but ya everyone knows almost any car can run with lambos, ferrari etc with enough money. but when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see a mostly stock to a mildly modded g keeping up with lambos. i am planning to buy a g hopefully and i am hoping it will keep up with local cars, corvettes, stangs, camaros, sti, evos, etc. i havent got a chance to look into what it takes to mod to keep up or even beat the local mid range cars. but i am hoping close to nothing. what you guys think.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't mod any of my vehicles except suspension. The statement "Running with lambos" was really not to be taken seriously. I don't race anything except on the track. I do however run the stock G as a camera car and try my best to keep up with Lambos/Ferraris. Not as hard as you would think especially since we are not really racing. The really extreme cars are embarrassing though. V12s and crazy torque cars.

If you wanna race, then the G is not for you but it's ability to keep pace with high performance cars is quite respectable if you ask me. When you account for traffic and safety concerns, I USUALLY have all the power I need. I only wish we could loose about 1000LBs. THAT would be nice!

Originally Posted by NorcalSam
didn't watch the video. but ya everyone knows almost any car can run with lambos, ferrari etc with enough money. but when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see a mostly stock to a mildly modded g keeping up with lambos. i am planning to buy a g hopefully and i am hoping it will keep up with local cars, corvettes, stangs, camaros, sti, evos, etc. i havent got a chance to look into what it takes to mod to keep up or even beat the local mid range cars. but i am hoping close to nothing. what you guys think.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This reminds me of a line from Top Gear when the Veyron beat the McLaren F1 in a long drawn out segment. They ended the show by say that what they had just done was tell us that the fastest production car in the world was faster than some other car.

In other words, the whole segment was worthless from an information standpoint. The unspoken irony was that regardless of how obvious the outcome would be, who could take their eyes off those two cars?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Lambo is a waste of money!! in my eyes.. Id rather have a modded sleeper.. when I had my TEG GSR-turbo silenced I used to eat up Cobras, stock evos ect. But the G... the G is my luxuary car the older the I get the more i want a car that can vibrate my *** or maybe come with a water dispenser hahah!! when they make a car that can cook for me trust me I will own one.. Luxuary is why I got my G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who said the G35 can't run with Lamborghinis??