G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I got into a small accident today :/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got into a small accident today :/

hey guy..Let me first admit i am a dumba$$ for what i did..lol

Today i went to Costco. while waiting for a parking spot, a older lady backed into my car. We both decided that she would pay for the damage (Not through Insurence). WE ONLY EXCHANGED NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS!!!!!. (I know, I know I was soo out of it..i just fixed my bumper i was very upset.. i wasn't thinking) The damage didn't look too crazy but when i got the estimate (at the place she reccommended) they quoted me $660.00.

Anyways the good thing is that we talked on the phone, and I got her address. Her husband decided that because it was expensive he wanted to go through insurence. I said fine, and asked for his policy number. He said I don't need that... So he took my name, phone number, license plate number, year, model.

He said that his insurence company would call me. Now my question is how long should i wait for the insurence company(21st century) to call me? normally how long does it take?....B/c if they don't i want to notify the police.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Normally, parking lot accidents, the police wouldn't get involved anyway. Regardless, you definitely should've gotten their insurance info and license plate number. I would wait about 2 days max for their insurance to contact you. If they don't, then I would go ahead and call 21st Century and give them whatever info you have on their insured.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Good luck. My brother was in a similar situation. The other party was at fault and accepted responsibility at the scene and gave my brother their insurance information. The police were never called. Unfortunately, when the other party contacted their insurance company they changed their tune and denied responsibility. Long story short, my brother ended up filing suit in small claims court and the other party's insurance company attorneys promptly settled.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by kvangil
Normally, parking lot accidents, the police wouldn't get involved anyway. Regardless, you definitely should've gotten their insurance info and license plate number. I would wait about 2 days max for their insurance to contact you. If they don't, then I would go ahead and call 21st Century and give them whatever info you have on their insured.
Mmhm. Call them and give them their address and phone numbers and names or whatever you have and file a claim. I'd file a claim on my own grandmother if she hit my car.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I'd call their insurance company right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^+1, I'd call them right away.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
call the insurance! and if you have there address go to that address and get there plate number or if that address is even real.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Yeah, I'd notify insurance asap. Him not giving you the policy # when you clearly asked for it should raise a big red flag.

Always better safe than sorry IMO.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
When it comes to accidents like these, people need to learn to stop being "nice" and not going through insurance. This is what insurance is for and 9 times out of 10, repair costs are a lot more than what people think. Call their insurance NOW. This has nothing to do with the police. They will not get involved over non-injury accidents on private property.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
I'd call their insurance company right now.
Agreed and like Imero said about his brother, I was also invovled in the same sitaution were Me & a "Friend" were invovled in an accident and we both decided to take care of this between us. All I got to say is DON'T TRUST ANYONE, he ended up calling his insurance comp. and telling them that I hit him and so I had to take him to small claims and that took almost a year before I saw any money back from that.
Hope you got witnesses and some kinda of proof that it was not your fault b/c your going to need it to prove your case, I would like to see good in people but sometimes you have to learn the hard way that people are only out to help themselves.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey guys..I actually just called my Insurence com. and filed a claim. Their insurence company never called me...I told her my story, and gave her the name and the license plate number and the ladies insurence company...i hope i did the right thing now..

Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
$660? i would've wrote you a check.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by lakersbigboi7
Hey guys..I actually just called my Insurance com. and filed a claim. Their insurance company never called me...I told her my story, and gave her the name and the license plate number and the ladies insurance company...i hope i did the right thing now..
Of course you did the right thing, isn't that why we have insurance? You should never trust someone under these circumstances, your insurance company represents you let them do the work....in the mean time you can get your G fixed!
Gary

Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I know..$600.00 isn't that bad..it would've been soo easy if they just wrote me a check..and we can both get on with our lives...or well...btw..her insurence company called me earlier today, i told them to call my insurence company and deal with it..

Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this ever happened and the owner told me he'd pay me rather than go through insurance, I'd park my car, get in the passenger seat of his, and have him drive to the nearest ATM or bank and withdraw cash and only cash. Checks are just as bad as a promise the other party will pay. Check bounces, YOU get charged for the bounced check fee, and then you STILL end up having to go find the guy to make him pay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got into a small accident today :/