G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Smoked My Tail Lights On My IP Coupe Using VHT Nite Shades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
^ 03-05 for the coupe 1st gen tail light design, the sedan is the one that share the same tail lights from 03-04 only

Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ugly man. too dark

Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by myGi$Gangsta
those arent JDM ones on the red coupe ya n00bs. Those are 06 07 tail lights

@v4sh6 i'm pretty sure i saw your car parked in front of AMC at the garden state mall a couple months ago. I took a picture and posted it in the spotted section on g35nyc.com. I thought man nice car but the chrome emblems kill it. You need a debadge with the mt fuji black imo and wheels oem 17s don't cut it
ahaha that was you!, someone else sent me a pm telling me i had been spotted and a link to g35nyc.com. And i was like who taking pics of my car and posting them online cause thats awesome! But yea since you've taken those pics i got a gialla grill and I got 19 tenzo's on the way should be here next week. pretty excited. I did Debadge the G35 but it left a shadow that wont go away no matter what i do. its not that noticeable but if your looking for it u can notice. my grl couldn't tell until i told her and then she noticed. regardless I'm afraid to debadge the I N F I N I T I . how would i go about getting/ painting? a black mt. fuji? and possibly I N F I N I T I.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Not sure about how dark it is, but you def need to debadge!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by v4shj16
ahaha that was you!, someone else sent me a pm telling me i had been spotted and a link to g35nyc.com. And i was like who taking pics of my car and posting them online cause thats awesome! But yea since you've taken those pics i got a gialla grill and I got 19 tenzo's on the way should be here next week. pretty excited. I did Debadge the G35 but it left a shadow that wont go away no matter what i do. its not that noticeable but if your looking for it u can notice. my grl couldn't tell until i told her and then she noticed. regardless I'm afraid to debadge the I N F I N I T I . how would i go about getting/ painting? a black mt. fuji? and possibly I N F I N I T I.
Lol yea well I spot a lot of cars. I do security at the mall and I was driving the security truck . That's good that you got wheels, I'm a fan of the red/black theme so your G stood out. LR G's are rare to begin with. If you wanna paint your emblems It's very simple all you gotta do is sand down with 600 grit sandpaper, a couple of coats of black primer or adhesion promoter a few coats of black spray paint with 5 mins in betwheen coats and then 2 or 3 coats of clear coat with 5 mins in between coats.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Exactly why I will never smoke, tint, overlay, or any other thing to my tails. Our tails are one of the best features of the G35. That just looks tacky

Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
^gtr style looks great though at least on a black car and it doesn't hide the sexy leds. It accents the tails quite nicely imo

Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
GTR style tails on a Non GTR car is RICE.

Any overlays, smokes and other crap on the tail just ruins the lines and the contrast...

Leave it be.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Lol yea well I spot a lot of cars. I do security at the mall and I was driving the security truck . That's good that you got wheels, I'm a fan of the red/black theme so your G stood out. LR G's are rare to begin with. If you wanna paint your emblems It's very simple all you gotta do is sand down with 600 grit sandpaper, a couple of coats of black primer or adhesion promoter a few coats of black spray paint with 5 mins in betwheen coats and then 2 or 3 coats of clear coat with 5 mins in between coats.
lol sweet. its good to know that whenever i go to garden state my car will be safe. i try and park away from everyone else. but it gets so crowded its almost impossible. Yea i got Black tenzo's type M's coming in. should look good. im a little scared to try and paint my emblems tho. i acutally just used nite shades on my side markers liek 20 min ago. waiting for it to dry. thanks for the tip about painting my emblems.LR's r super rare around here. i have yet to see another LR G35 in the area of rockland and north jersey since i got my G last nov. which is awesome im liek the only one and its modded which makes it even better!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
^ if you want i could paint your trunk emblems for you, is really easy i've painted emblems before and they come out profesional looking, the front emblem on the grill is the only emblem that's a PITA if you're doing any other color besides black because you gotta do masking on the inside and on the top so you don't paint it all the same color, but since you're doing the trunk emblem there's no masking, but the I N F I N I T I letters might be harder cuz they're so small and so many of them, it'd look better if you just keep the Mt fuji symbol in the middle. PM me if you want me to paint em for you i like 5 mins from the mall, worst comes to worse the paint comes off if you don't like it but is all about the prep before paint

Old 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Sooo Apparently no body likes them haha. you can easily see All of my lights still. ill post a pic of them lit up. and i wet sanded it before i used it. and i used clear coat after also.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Like I posted in the beginning of this thread, your painted tails may be short since they're illegal. If you used a clear coat it was obviously flat cause I see zero shine for your painted tails....Good Luck with this!
Gary

Old 06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by BL1024
Sooo Apparently no body likes them haha. you can easily see All of my lights still. ill post a pic of them lit up. and i wet sanded it before i used it. and i used clear coat after also.
theres no need to show up we kno wat they look like on and off. ur not the first to do it

Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I would debadge just the "G35" I did it and think it looks good b/c it kinda evens it out a little bit. IMO

Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 PM
^ if you want i could paint your trunk emblems for you, is really easy i've painted emblems before and they come out profesional looking, the front emblem on the grill is the only emblem that's a PITA if you're doing any other color besides black because you gotta do masking on the inside and on the top so you don't paint it all the same color, but since you're doing the trunk emblem there's no masking, but the I N F I N I T I letters might be harder cuz they're so small and so many of them, it'd look better if you just keep the Mt fuji symbol in the middle. PM me if you want me to paint em for you i like 5 mins from the mall, worst comes to worse the paint comes off if you don't like it but is all about the prep before paint
ok i'll let u know . im gonna hold off for a while tho at least until my rims arrive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Smoked My Tail Lights On My IP Coupe Using VHT Nite Shades