G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twarsop
Yes, Wheelsnext does suck. My brother in law actually works for a Les Schwab around here, so I took them to him to put them on. They came pre-mounted, balanced, and aired, so all that was needed was take off the old wheels and put the new ones on. He also did an alignment while I was there. However, if you don't have a buddy at a shop, you can jack up your car and put the wheels on one by one yourself as long as they are balanced, then drive to the shop and get the alignment done. Normally the shop would have charged me something like $30 a wheel to swap them out, but all my work was done free, obviously.
Thanks. ya i was just told that they were shipped yesterday so i should get them by the end of this week. I just went out and picked up some tire shine too.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I lower, do I need spacers?

Do I need any other adjustments? People are always talking about camber?

Wheel alignment?

Seems like there's a lot of $$ involved in lowering

Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cpufreak3
If I lower, do I need spacers?
Spacers have nothing to do with lowering your vehicle. Spacers are used to move the actual wheel away from the hub and closer to the outside of the car/fender.

Do I need any other adjustments? People are always talking about camber?
Unless you want uneven tire wear, you'll want to have the shop adjust your camber.

Wheel alignment?
You should always have an alignment done when swapping wheels or a different sized tire.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Stock height isn't that bad. But when you see it next to a lowered car, it looks like a 4x4.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^thats how i feel like when im next to you at meets.
and i am lowered. haha

Old 06-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
LOL! at least your front is lower than mine .

Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Mmm I have stock height and 19's and it absolutely does not look like a 4x4 even if it's next to a car that's digging up the road it's so low. It doesn't look as slammed for sure, but I don't get everyones "if you don't lower it you look like a truck" overexaggerated mentality. It looks FINE at stock height; I get tons of people commenting on how nice the car looks as it is now...

Don't get me wrong though I would love to lower my car a little but here comes the practicality. I don't feel like listening to the sound of the bottom of my car hitting pavement or driving 0.1 mph over the insanely annoyingly high speedbumps
I have in the area (I have to drive very carefully over them even now and still get some scraping). There's always construction here too and some of the roads I drive on to school are crappy and I don't want to get home at night sore, stiff, and with raging headaches because I feel every bump and crack in the road. To top it all off, I don't need my GF screaming in my ear because it's uncomfortable riding it my car. Hehe

And to whoever made the "I have 20", learn to drive and adapt" comment.... Don't be an ignorant ******** k?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Your friend is stupid. Nothing wrong with just getting springs, they will wear out your struts more quickly but that's not hurting the car. Coils are extremely nice for the adjust-ability and the new struts but not necessary.
Not necessarily if your struts are matched for similar spring rates OR you just get the struts that came with the springs. And yes, OP, put your friend on ignore and get your G35 advice here.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
I echo the basic message here, I think lowering the car looks really good, and I plan on doing so asap, however for me extenuating circumstances lead me to replace my wheels before my suspension work so here you go. Lowering isn't for everybody and I get asked all the time if the car is lowered in person, tho as you can see...she isn't! so just depends on what you like!

I love ho'n my car pix too so here's another

Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by jookyshank
I echo the basic message here, I think lowering the car looks really good, and I plan on doing so asap, however for me extenuating circumstances lead me to replace my wheels before my suspension work so here you go. Lowering isn't for everybody and I get asked all the time if the car is lowered in person, tho as you can see...she isn't! so just depends on what you like!

I love ho'n my car pix too so here's another
Those 19's or 20's?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dig the red lug nuts.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Damn jookyshank u got type M's too. good thing i live on the other side of the country from you guys. And im like the only G in my area. When i had a celica i used to hate it when i saw another celica driving. but whenever i see another G now(rarely) i enjoy it cuase it looks so sexy. and then i think to my self man....thats what i must look liek driving down the road but even sexier cuase its a bit modded lol

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Wow.. I love this forum lol.. I was away for the whole day, and then I came back with 3 pages of information.

First off, I want to say thanks to all replies regardless of opinions.

I looked at all the cars without a drop, and I don't think it looks 4x4-ish at all.

If I do lower my car, how much should I drop? .5 or 1"? I live in Philadelphia with crappy road.

Perhaps I'll get rims first, and if I don't like it, then I will lower it.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Originally Posted by v4shj16
Damn jookyshank u got type M's too. good thing i live on the other side of the country from you guys. And im like the only G in my area. When i had a celica i used to hate it when i saw another celica driving. but whenever i see another G now(rarely) i enjoy it cuase it looks so sexy. and then i think to my self man....thats what i must look liek driving down the road but even sexier cuase its a bit modded lol
Hehe, yea they are a decent bang for the buck wheel, It'll be a good stop off until I can decide what type of wheels to dump $5k on haha

Originally Posted by xxkylexx
Those 19's or 20's?
19"

Originally Posted by twarsop
I dig the red lug nuts.
Thanks goes with my Vader theme...yea yea...NERDALERT!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Originally Posted by gm0nk3y
Wow.. I love this forum lol.. I was away for the whole day, and then I came back with 3 pages of information.

First off, I want to say thanks to all replies regardless of opinions.

I looked at all the cars without a drop, and I don't think it looks 4x4-ish at all.

If I do lower my car, how much should I drop? .5 or 1"? I live in Philadelphia with crappy road.

Perhaps I'll get rims first, and if I don't like it, then I will lower it.
Ain't driver grand! I love that people are willing to give input (and opinions) hehe. The drop, like everything, is up to you. I plan on going about 1" to 1.2 ish to close the wheel gap on my car, but really its up to you as the owner/driver to make the choice. IMO anything much under 1" drop on our cars, basically looks stock, so if you're gonna vertically challenge your ride, I'd say look at 1" or so options

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: show me G35 with 19"+ rims without lowering the car