G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

help!!! someone hit my car while it was parked. fender damaged.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by viventi
Can anyone tell me how much this is going to run me at a repair shop?
Rather than asking random people on the internet from all across the country... go to a local bodyshop and ask THEM

Originally Posted by viventi
Can I buy a painted part online somewhere and do it myself?
Classifieds, find the part thats the same color as your car. Install it yourself, save hundreds.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
i just got my car back bro from the shop and i can tell u this.. if your insurance company has to pay out then it goes on ya driving record.. now if u are not at fault then contact the other persons insurance. No matter what if your insurance has to pay out to fix your car it goes on ya driving record.

The body shop i just left from charges 42.45 an hour.. so look at it this way.. to paint will be about 2 hours.. then body work 2.5 hours. the price of the pain XXX, any parts that will need to be bought XXX so add all that up and include tax and that will give u an idea

Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
My KurumaZ bumper was backed over a few weeks ago while it was parked. I had four gouges over the top and it wasn't that bad, but not perfect like the rest of the coupe. Notified insurance and was told it wouldn't go on my record but I'd have to pay the $500 deductible. My bodyshop charged me $535 to do the job complete....why bother with insurance. With your front fender check our MARKETPLACE under vendor exterior for a fender or call our sponsor Infiniti dealership....Riverside Infiniti ask for Tony 800-913-3130. He gives members a discount compared to other dealerships....
Gary

Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get an alarm guys. A lot of money and effort is going into our rides for them to be left unprotected if you've got it parked outside.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3crchino
first and foremost did you file a report with your local police department, if you haven't then you need to. Second highly recomend going thru your ins. only b/c this should be covered under Comprehensive and not collision, so your rate can not change since you were not involved an accident. I work for a body shop and like monteitis said you want to get your fenders and possibly your hood blended. Why pay out of pocket when it wasn't your fault unless your saying it was.
because like i stated before, I dont want it showing up as an accident on the car's history. it screwed me with the car i was trading in for the G. the rear bumped on my last car had a scratch from someone tapping me, filed a claim and bam, my car was worth about 3k less in a trade in. Not letting that happen again, pretty much the only reason I'm not going through insurance.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
My KurumaZ bumper was backed over a few weeks ago while it was parked. I had four gouges over the top and it wasn't that bad, but not perfect like the rest of the coupe. Notified insurance and was told it wouldn't go on my record but I'd have to pay the $500 deductible. My bodyshop charged me $535 to do the job complete....why bother with insurance. With your front fender check our MARKETPLACE under vendor exterior for a fender or call our sponsor Infiniti dealership....Riverside Infiniti ask for Tony 800-913-3130. He gives members a discount compared to other dealerships....
Gary
exactly my point, thanks for letting me know about Tony. I'll pm him in a few. I'm on the search for the fender, i have a few places i can go through friends to get it painted.

i appreciate the suggestions everyone

Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I had a fender repainted by a reputable guy, in black
he said he charges more for black because its harder to get dings out of and look smooth (shopping cart)

i paid $200

Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
a new fender can be bought online for 80 dollars and painted for less dont listen to these fools

www.certifit.com

Old 06-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stackz_on_Deck
a new fender can be bought online for 80 dollars and painted for less dont listen to these fools

www.certifit.com
wow thanks for the link, theres a warehouse 10 mins from my house...have you bought from them before? i'm happy just as long as the part fits perfectly...i'm just a little worried because they dont use oem parts.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SORRY to hear that good luck might fix it on ur own

Old 06-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
If I were you I think I would go the non insurance route. This only applies if you are someday planning to trade in your car. It has been my experience that if when the dealer runs a carfax and finds that the car has been in an accident no matter how small it gives them the perfect excuse to immediately offer you less money. Even after you explain to them as in my last case that something as small as the bumper cover had been replaced they immediately assume your minimumizing the damage and down goes the value.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
which part of philly are you in? i have a shop that works magic.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm actually living in the Cherry Hill area atm. Where was it you were talking about?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what happens if you don't fill out the form given by the dmv?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
What form?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help!!! someone hit my car while it was parked. fender damaged.