G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

help!!! someone hit my car while it was parked. fender damaged.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help!!! someone hit my car while it was parked. fender damaged.

Someone hit my car today while it was parked, and what's even better is that I bought my car TODAY. Yes, today. The front left fender needs to be replaced, everything else is fine. . Can anyone tell me how much this is going to run me at a repair shop? Can I buy a painted part online somewhere and do it myself? Can anyone reommend a shop that will get the job done quickly and well in the philly metro area?

I'm seriously about to cry....if i put this through my insurance will it go on my cars history as an accident? I'm trying to avoid that. Ugh

Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by viventi
Someone hit my car today while it was parked, and what's even better is that I bought my car TODAY. Yes, today. The front left fender needs to be replaced, everything else is fine. . Can anyone tell me how much this is going to run me at a repair shop? Can I buy a painted part online somewhere and do it myself? Can anyone reommend a shop that will get the job done quickly and well in the philly metro area?

I'm seriously about to cry....if i put this through my insurance will it go on my cars history as an accident? I'm trying to avoid that. Ugh
I know how you feel. 1 week after I bought my G some idiot in a red truck reversed into my rear bumper.

2 weeks after that, some ricer stole my stock Amber driver side corners including the FN socket / wiring harness. Dealer wanted 1700 for a new wiring harness.

Just go through insurance. Anything under a few grand isn't reported to the DMV. If it is, they will send you a few paperwork to fill out. Just don't fill it out.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd definitely go through isurance. Having to find a painted fender, possibly needing to blend it etc, is too much of a hassle.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:43 AM
How much would painting it cost if i found the part?

I want to go through insurance but I'm trying to avoid having it show up on my cars history report.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello, I work at a shop. For insurance purposes, the quote they will give you for a new fender and to paint it is about $745, not including blend/match/clearcoat. The price of the OEM part is $304.40, estimated install time is 2.5 labor hours, so probably 1 hour or less if you're skilled. Refinishing (painting) the panel will cost about $300, and you will want to blend and clearcoat the hood and adjacent door... could run you an extra $100 or so.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
thanks for your input, will a shop usually allow me to bring in a part myself to be painted and installed?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
absolutely... that would probably run you about $500 to install, paint, blend.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 AM
first and foremost did you file a report with your local police department, if you haven't then you need to. Second highly recomend going thru your ins. only b/c this should be covered under Comprehensive and not collision, so your rate can not change since you were not involved an accident. I work for a body shop and like monteitis said you want to get your fenders and possibly your hood blended. Why pay out of pocket when it wasn't your fault unless your saying it was.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
A $500 fender bender and replacement bumper isn't going to lessen the value of your car. Go through insurance.

Last edited by twarsop; 06-23-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
gl with repair. Thar really sucks.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
fix it on your own. get a fender that's already painted, (used) and install it yourself. you don't want it to show on carfax when you sell your car

Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
^ Definitely, that's why buying a used car sucks, because of people that try to hide things like this from potential buyers.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
I know how you feel. 1 week after I bought my G some idiot in a red truck reversed into my rear bumper.

2 weeks after that, some ricer stole my stock Amber driver side corners including the FN socket / wiring harness. Dealer wanted 1700 for a new wiring harness.

Just go through insurance. Anything under a few grand isn't reported to the DMV. If it is, they will send you a few paperwork to fill out. Just don't fill it out.
That sucks, I noticed that driver side corners are not tight at all and really easy to take out.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 AM

If you call your agent, they would probably advise if your premium will go up if you make a claim. Probably not, as it can be classified as vandalism.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM

same thing happened to me, bought my car. drove it home. got gas. stopped to eat. come out and my front bumpers been swiped - sorry bout that. but like forest gump says, "it happens."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help!!! someone hit my car while it was parked. fender damaged.