G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

"Skyline"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
your car, your opinion... who cares what people think...

Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by G3V
yeah but in japan infiniti doesnt exist and its kinda a theme thing
some people maybe dont get it x_x
and i mean of course all badges/ parts should be matched to japan spec 350 gt
i think then it would be ok? if its an obvious theme im going for
Yah, and in Japan they don't have LHD.

I look at it like this: Nissan is the parent company, yes? And it had twins: the Skyline 350GT & Infiniti G35. They look the same for the most part, but have a few key differences. RHD/LHD, engine bay is a little different (battery is on the other side), some different options, etc.

Say you have "identical" twin kids. You're not going to interchange their names whenever you feel like it (or at least I hope not).

Last edited by Calvin; 06-28-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Our Infiniti G35s are RWD (rear wheel drive) other wise I'd be the happy pilot of another Z. Mother country (Japan) Skylines are AWD, are they not? Rebadging isn't my thing, it looks way cooler debadged which can be found by doing a SEARCH....lol
Gary
He said RHD...not RWD.

His post is fine as is. Our cars are not Right Hand Drive...

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Some will say that it is rice, because your car will never truly be a Skyline 350GT since its not RHD. IMO as long as you don't mix badges it can work. If I were to do it I would also look into changing out parts of my interior as well: Nissan air bag cover, remove Infiniti stitching from seats, JDM visors, JDM clock, Nismo floor mats, etc.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SHOKASE
rice. u dont see toyota owners switching to lexus badges whats the point of switching to skyline? its a g35 and an infiniti
I agree completely, you paid for an infiniti, not a nissan, so rep infiniti...

Old 06-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by walshtj

i paid for a Nissan at infiniti price because us americans will pay extra for anything especially if luxury is added to the name. plus nissan doesnt have a sports 2 door car with 4 seats like the 240sx anymore or i would have got that instead. just about every where else in the world there is no infiniti, acura, or lexus....but americans will pay more for a honda, nissan, or toyota re-badged to luxury. i rebaged to nissan because i liked it personally and its different since not too many ppl do this. only things i havent done are the seats, clock, and steering wheel. do what you want its your car but do the whole outside at least if you do (ie. front and rear emblems plus tail lights.)

Old 06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it looks waya cooler debadged than with skyline emblems. I shaved everything except the Fuji symbol off the back and it looks awesome.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkmark7
I think it looks waya cooler debadged than with skyline emblems. I shaved everything except the Fuji symbol off the back and it looks awesome.
i had that look for a while and i liked it too. just decided to go with the jdm theme and i like it too.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by team_work
i paid for a Nissan at infiniti price because us americans will pay extra for anything especially if luxury is added to the name. plus nissan doesnt have a sports 2 door car with 4 seats like the 240sx anymore or i would have got that instead. just about every where else in the world there is no infiniti, acura, or lexus....but americans will pay more for a honda, nissan, or toyota re-badged to luxury. i rebaged to nissan because i liked it personally and its different since not too many ppl do this. only things i havent done are the seats, clock, and steering wheel. do what you want its your car but do the whole outside at least if you do (ie. front and rear emblems plus tail lights.)
I agree, I was looking at a 350z but needed a back seat. Im just saying since us rich americans are willing to pay more, why not represent that we paid more... And ppl do that all the time, don't you see those fools riding around in their RSX with colored honda badges all over... Makes me hate honda more everytime I am forced to notice it!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by walshtj
+1 its rice

Old 06-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I say go for it. Back when I had my Lexus IS300, I switched all of my badges to Altezza (front grill, trunk badge, & wheel center caps). Most people thought I was crazy and would say "Why did you do that? It's such a nice car and plus it's a Lexus!". My reply was "I bought it because of the motor(2JZ-GE), not the name". Those that were really into cars and knew about it understood......and that's what mattered to me.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Our Infiniti G35s are RWD (rear wheel drive) other wise I'd be the happy pilot of another Z. Mother country (Japan) Skylines are AWD, are they not? Rebadging isn't my thing, it looks way cooler debadged which can be found by doing a SEARCH....lol
Gary
actaully what marcus said was right. RHD = Right Hand Drive which means thats the only way we can have an authentic 350GT over here in the states.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
the Title and Registration say Infiniti... we own Infinitis

Some kid asked me if my car was a Skyline a few weeks ago... I told him no, its an Infiniti G35... why pretend to be a car you're not?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Its not pretending, my Gf is also doing the JDM to her Yaris = Vitz . just a fad i guess
i did it, all i have left to change is the engine cover, and the seats. as long as you go all the way and not half *** it, then dont do it.

I changed

Steering wheel,
Door Sills,
Wheel Emblems,
All Exterior Emblems,
clock
Floor mats i changed to rubber after market

Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
are the japan guys putting infiniti emblems/parts on their cars? or is riding the jdm train jus a US thing?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by jutn35
Its not pretending, my Gf is also doing the JDM to her Yaris = Vitz . just a fad i guess
i did it, all i have left to change is the engine cover, and the seats. as long as you go all the way and not half *** it, then dont do it.

I changed

Steering wheel,
Door Sills,
Wheel Emblems,
All Exterior Emblems,
clock
Floor mats i changed to rubber after market
What about getting a firewall with the steering column on the right side and the steering rack and all that....?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.