G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

new member needs your help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member needs your help!!!!!!!!

i have a stock 05 g35 and last night it was raining really bad i hit a hidden pot hole in teh ground going 30 mph and the water went over teh front of the hood killed the car. the car stared back up no issue but now there is a ticking sound that gets louder as the RPMs get higher. also my alarm kept going off all night till it killed my battery so noe the car is dead. not sure what to do and dont want to go to a stealership please any advice would help

Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Get the car out in the sun with the hood up and the covers to all the electrical off so that everything can dry out. leave the battery disconnected until everything is dry. If you have a compressor you might try blowing out the engine bay. also get your air filter out and make sure its completely dry.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
think i could have hydrolocked it? should i pull the plugs? what would make the ticking?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
You said the ticking gets louder with the rpms, does the ticking increase in frequency aswell? If so then I would start looking at something related to the engine. Make sure it has nothing to do with the tranny by trying to replicate the sound both in gear and in neutral. If you can replicate the sound easily it might be worth your time trying to use a conductor to try and see where the sound is originating from. Until you figure out the ticking I wouldn't go driving it very much just incase your rotating assembly is damaged in some way.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, that doesnt sound to good. How many miles do you have on the car? Do you know if the previous driver drove it like fast and furious? As far as the ticking noise, it really sounds like an engine knock. If you think you got water into the engine bay, check your intake if it is wet, and just to be on the safe side conduct an oil change. The ticking noise, I would have to suggest checked out.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by jef_gutjr
Wow, that doesnt sound to good. How many miles do you have on the car? Do you know if the previous driver drove it like fast and furious? As far as the ticking noise, it really sounds like an engine knock. If you think you got water into the engine bay, check your intake if it is wet, and just to be on the safe side conduct an oil change. The ticking noise, I would have to suggest checked out.
alignment ?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzstyle
think i could have hydrolocked it? should i pull the plugs? what would make the ticking?
Possibility it was hydrolocked. You may have a slightly bent valve or lower end damage.

Like mentioned before you have multiple problems, electrical and mechanical. First issue is electrical, Disconnect battery and recharge it, allow all harnesses to dry out. Reconnect ground lead to battery and use fluke or equivalent multimeter to check amp discharge rate of 0.9-1.3 amps. Battery discharge rate high than you have a ground and needs to be traced.

Oil change needed due to oil contamination probable.

Last edited by HotRodG35; 06-29-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Set it out in the sun and let it dry out for a day or two.