G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need Help with a Traffic Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You won't win on your own. Try to make friends with an officer in that town? I work in law enforcement and I can tell you...that's your best bet. Most likely you'll have to pay and learn your lesson.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AidanP
There's a number of reasons I could have hit her that would not involve following too closely (checking a blind spot, sneezing, scanning the road). All of those are situations in which you frequently avert your eyes from the road for two seconds which is the recommended following distance quoted by the provincial government.
Good luck fighting the ticket. However, the situations you describe are situations where you would divert your attention for a half-second to a second at most. In your situation, something caused you to look away longer than usual. The 2-second rule was not meant for you to take your eyes off the road for the full 2 seconds. It takes into account the reaction time and stopping distance needed to prevent an accident while you are paying attention to where you're going.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry for what happened, as what most people said, regardless of what happenes, it will always be us (the drivers) fault because we should pay more safe attention to the road. i had a similar accident like yours and didn't bother going to court and fighting it, everything was stacked against me. i just called my insurance company and saw my insurance rate go up.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Lawyer up to get the ticket dropped.

However, in OH, the person that was 'at fault' is always ticketed. A friend of mine went through a similar situation a few years ago. He was at an intersection, car in front of him went, people ran across the intersection, can of front slammed on brakes, friend slammed into car.

He tried to fight the ticket and lost.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
You can admit it. You were looking at these, right?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by welery
In Georgia, as long as your insurance company repairs the other persons car, they will typically throw out the citation when you go to court.

Also if the other person doesn't show up to your court date you win by default.

I agree with everyone one else that it is 100% your fault, however no one should EVER roll over to a citation given to them, and you should always fight them.
This is correct. If you get a statement from your insurance company saying that the damages were fixed, then the DA will drop the ticket.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
The courts wont tell you but the reason for this ticket is to partially pay for the officers that where dispatched and the cleaning crew and judge.. And if u live in Cali like I do the are just bill collectors. Word of advice ALWAYS fight your tickets or ask judge to reduce ticket and tell him u will pay cash right now. always works.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 AM
I agree always fight your ticket. I always do, just tell the judge you kept your distance but the other driver stopped to fast because he had $6000 brake kit and you couldn't react so fast.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 AM
+1 fight the ticket

Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
this sounds like one of those kick in the ***** tickets. "we know you've just incurred several hundreds of dollars in damage, but here's a ticket for a couple hundred more. have a nice day."

Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't fight it. There is legal distance that gives you enough reaction time when following someone. If you can't see the bottom of their tires you are to close.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I was also given a ticket for following to closely a few months back, the thing is i was stopped on the entrance ramp of a parkway awaiting to get on when suddenly im rear ended.

I was pushed into the car infront of me and that person was pushed into the car infront of them. My car was totaled which is how i wound up with a G .

The officer was a jerk and gave me a ticket even though i wasnt at fault for the accident was completly stopped when i was pushed into the car infront of me. I confronted him about the ticket and the guy who hit me even admitted to the officer i wasn't moving.

Still awaiting my court date, i hope this ticket gets dropped beacause its complete bs.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but if you don't have time to stop without rear-ending the car in front of you, you are either following too closely or are going too fast.

The officer likely could have written you for negligent driving or any other attention based violations. The following too close is most likely a lesser fine.

And all this about getting a ticket because of a quota or because it pays the officer, etc is BS. It's normal practice to cite the person at fault, and it's expected by the insurance company and by the person that was not at fault.