G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Quote to Install New Front Bumper and Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote to Install New Front Bumper and Headlights

I purchased 06-07 Front Bumper and 06-07 Projector Headlights that will be replacing my 2004 Front Bumper and Headlights. I am looking for a quote on what you guys have paid to get replaced (just labor, everything is painted and ready to go to install). I don’t want to be ripped off from the dealership nor any other garages because of my unfamiliarity with bodywork. Unfortunately it has happened to me before and would like some of your expertise to be guided in the correct direction. Anyone has personal experience with this?

Thanks you for your assistance and knowledge ahead of time.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
DIY all the way. It's soooo easy to get the bumper and headlights off and then you're replacing them with more OEM stuff.... I could do that entire job for you in less than 30 mins.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Too bad I don't still live in Philly or I would have met you and done the job for a case of beer or something...

Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
The headlights you can install yourself. Its actually pretty damn easy. Took me like an hour to do it, mostly because I kind of got confused switching over the ballasts over, but I figured it out.

If you're looking to get a bumper repainted, you're probably going to spend maybe around $200 or so, but it all depends on the shop.

I would say just get it repainted if you need to, and then do everything yourself. You have to take the bumper off (kind of) to install your headlights anyway.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM
^^ +1

Would have bought u a case of beer to do the job and one extra TO GO!! haha

On the other hand, and unfortunately, (1.) I may or may not have the correct tools, (2.) I have never done body replacement (including electrical) for headlights (3.) is there a DIY, because that is the ONLY way I can begin!

If is only takes 30 minutes, do you think the place will charge me small?

Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Save the money and DIY. There's instructions somewhere to remove the front bumper. Once the bumper is off the headlights are easy. I could give you hand but not sure if you want to drive to NJ

Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM
A garage will charge you 2+ hours of labor, probably more. The only tools you need are a socket set with an extension as well as a screwdriver with interchangeable philips and flat heads. The headlights are super easy too... The only thing you're doing is unclipping the ballast and putting it on the new headlights. The electrical connection to the harness in the car is one clip also. I guess I think it's easy cause I've done it so many times. The first time was a little harder, but I took my time and got it done pretty quickly anyway.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just recently installed 8k headlights and i did everything my self, it seriously isnt that hard trust me, and u dont need many tools to get the job done

Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by ZeRo G35
^^ +1

Would have bought u a case of beer to do the job and one extra TO GO!! haha

On the other hand, and unfortunately, (1.) I may or may not have the correct tools, (2.) I have never done body replacement (including electrical) for headlights (3.) is there a DIY, because that is the ONLY way I can begin!

If is only takes 30 minutes, do you think the place will charge me small?

Thanks
No, I don't think the place will charge you small. I think they will take advantage of you and charge you something stupid like $600 for paint and labor. Just pay for the repaint and do it yourself.

I changed my front bumper out in like 20 minutes like 2 weeks ago.

Here is the DIY that I used.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lightin...ple-steps.html

The only thing the DIY doesn't show you how to do is switch out your ballasts. But you can easily look at your old headlights and then your new ones, to determine what the difference is and what you gotta do to switch over the old ballasts off the old headlights to the new headlights. In the end, its not that hard.

Remember that if you take off the front bumper, you also need to take off the bolts underneath where your black plastic under tray is. If you can't reach the bolts when your car is on a level surface, then jack it up and do it. No harm in that at all.

Good luck in doing it yourself and save some cash!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
All you need to do now is find a bodyshop that does quality work at a reasonable price. For the projector install if we don't have one on DRIVER I believe they have a how-to-install on 350Z, just SEARCH both sites....G/L
Gary

Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM
i'm gonna get a quote this weekend and decide if i want to do it myself or pay for it. thanks for the input guys... is there a price range this install should be at?

Thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 PM
^ I got quoted $200 for the repaint and $200-$250 for the install. So you'll probably find the prices to be around $400-$600. Ended up installing myself - it's pretty simple.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
DIY...put forth some effort and save some money.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok, majority of the people here says it's an easy job so I'm going to give it a try!

I got the nice link that konxexptionz posted. Is there a DIY for the front bumper?!

Thanks again!

Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
That DIY basically shows you how to do the front bumper, since you have to remove the front bumper to do the headlights.

Well, technically remove anyway. The DIY I linked doesn't tell you to remove the bottom bolts to the undertray, so just make sure you do that to remove the bumper is all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quote to Install New Front Bumper and Headlights